Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 03 Aug 2010 (Tuesday) 07:09
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

AUSSIE PHOTOGRAPHES - do you need to get a blue card to take photos for kindy kids?

MRLSeries
146 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Dec 13, 2011 04:41 |  #16

I am working with children approved by the NSW Police. I needed it for work as some of my work involves me going to schools.

$80 and a form to fillout at the local Police Station. I believe its valid for 3 years

casp3r
Goldmember
1,477 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined May 2006

Dec 13, 2011 04:45 |  #17

That's my problem with the system here - there is no one card that can be flashed to prove that you have been checked. I'm checked twice a year because I work in a school and am on the board of governors of another. But if decided I wanted to help out a local kids soccer team I have to be checked again, another £35. Want to help out at a playgroup? That's another £35 please. Sometimes I wonder is it more about protecting the kids or generating money.

http://www.mcarberypho​to.co.uk (external link)
http://www.niaviation.​co.uk (external link)
Facebook (external link)

MRLSeries
146 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Dec 13, 2011 07:17 |  #18

Not to stray off track.......but how does society know the truth. I could hire someone who is clean and has the same approval as I do...BUT at the end of the day, his/her thoughts that go through their mind aren't mentioned on the form.

The way i see it, the form is a poor excuse for blind security.

Just like a man can appear straight for years and years, he may have in his mind gay thoughts.

The world is just getting creepier and scary by the day.

God only knows what it will be like in another 10 years.

LOL, Prob need a license to use a DSLR or any device that can capture anyones picture.

L

HSVBOS
171 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 13, 2011 08:34 |  #19

I'm all for the checks and some form of visual proof of a record check. Better than nothing, but in syaing that, I have worked in juvenile justice for a number of years now, and some of the people weeded out only after they work on the floor is pretty poor. Not saying there are many at all, just thinking that because they we all pass checks, is not 100% fool proof.

Im not saying I have personally seen any sexually inappropriate behaviour (very glad I havn't) but there are just some people not suited to work with kids.

Also for anyone in the position to hire people to work with kids in general, go with your gut, its normally right.

1Dmk3, 50 1.4, 24-70, 70-200 IS2, 580ex2

Apr 12, 2018 01:12 |  #20

THis is from the 5th page of

https://www.qfcc.qld.g​ov.au …stem-Discussion-Paper.pdf (external link)

I hope it helps.

CHILD-SAFE ORGANISATIONS

What environments are regulated by the
blue card system?

Current position

The blue card system regulates environments where
children receive services and participate in activities
essential to their development and wellbeing.
Regulated environments broadly include:

•• Residential facilities and child accommodation
services

•• Schools

•• Early childhood education and care services
(e.g. long day care, kindergarten, family day care
and outside school hours care)

•• Community organisations (e.g. churches, sporting
and recreation clubs, providers of cultural
activities and religious representatives)

•• Health, counselling and support services

•• Private teaching, coaching and tutoring
•• Child protection

Organisations are required to develop and implement
child and youth risk management strategies in these
environments. Individuals are required to undergo
a WWCC if they are providing services in these
environments, in certain circumstances (see page 6
for further information).
Amusement parks are specifically excluded from
regulation.
Other information
Findings of the Royal Commission into
Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse

Findings of the Royal Commission into
Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse

• In addition to those already screened
in Queensland, the Royal Commission
recommends the following environments be
regulated by WWCC laws:
– commercial services for children, including
entertainment or party services, gym or
play facilities, photography services, and
talent or beauty competitions
– overnight camps

• transport services for children
(recommendation 12a).

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

4,893 views & 0 likes for this thread
AUSSIE PHOTOGRAPHES - do you need to get a blue card to take photos for kindy kids?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.