Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > Motorsports
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd of August 2010 (Tue)   #1
stickboy1971

Default Night Under Fire - Norwalk, OH

Hi everyone! New member, and new DSLR user of a T1i that I got last Thursday. I hit the ground running, trying document some of a spectacular event. I am blessed to get to participate from inside the ropes, and wanted to capture some memories. The camera certainly is not disappointing me, and I can't wait to learn how to use it! In the mean time, thought I'd share some shots from the weekend. The show on the racetrack is phenomenal, and I have never seen a fireworks show that comes even remotely close to the one at this event!

Guess I can imbed up to 8, so here are a few...
Our 1st and 2nd passes
[IMG][/IMG]

John and Ashley Force running immediately prior to us
[IMG][/IMG]

Bob Motz J-79 jet Kenworth
[IMG][/IMG]

Towing back up track during fireworks
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by stickboy1971 : 3rd of August 2010 (Tue) at 23:40.
stickboy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 4th of August 2010 (Wed)   #2
tantragna

Default Re: Night Under Fire - Norwalk, OH

What the hell is that shot #4? Is that truck on fire? Dang!! Awesome & scary scene of the flames!
tantragna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th of August 2010 (Wed)   #3
NeherPhoto

#4 is great!
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 4th of August 2010 (Wed)   #4
stickboy1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantragna View Post
What the hell is that shot #4? Is that truck on fire? Dang!! Awesome & scary scene of the flames!
That is this guy given permission to do this (picture 1) to the 30 ft tall backboard you see behind him (picture 2). The truck has a GE j-79 like they used in an f4 phantom. Approximately 20,000 horsepower. The 8000 lb truck can run the 1/4 mile in under 7 seconds at over 225 mph (as seen in picture 3), and has been over 350 mph on airshow runways.

It is a tradition at that race for him to burn down the billboard as the last vehicle down the track before they start the incredible fireworks show. (not my video, but check out the last 2 minutes of the youtube video below)

fireworks video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U7_RjDRyOo
stickboy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote