Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories
Thread started 07 Aug 2010 (Saturday) 22:31
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

B+W Kaesemann vs. B+W MRC Circular Polarizer

nonick
Goldmember
1,587 posts
Joined Jun 2009
NYC
Aug 07, 2010 22:31 |  #1

Just want to know the differences between the two circular polarizers. Are they optically the same?

Gear|Searching for 7DII, Buying 5DIII 35L II, 24-70 2.8L IS

sponsored links
keitaro
605 posts
Joined Dec 2005
Vancouver, BC
Aug 07, 2010 22:54 |  #2

I beileve that I have read that they are optically the same. The only difference is that the Kaesemann is a sealed CPL. Dust and moisture can't get between the two surfaces.

My flickrexternal link
My Gear

ben_r_
-POTN's Three legged Support-
15,884 posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sacramento, CA
Aug 08, 2010 02:16 |  #3

Opitically yes, but the KSM versions are sealed around the edges of the polarizing film and are therefore built better and to last longer. For the minimal cost difference I went with the KSM version.

[Gear List | Flickrexternal link | My Reviews] /|\ Tripod Leg Protectionexternal link /|\
GIVE a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

ninhja
867 posts
Joined Nov 2009
Southern California
Aug 08, 2010 02:39 |  #4

I was also curious. Thanks for the info guys.

Flickr
external link

argyle
Cream of the Crop
8,187 posts
Joined Apr 2007
DFW, Texas
Aug 08, 2010 05:52 as a reply to ninhja's post |  #5

The Kaesemann version also uses a higher grade of polarizing foils (according to B+W literature).

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son". - Dean Wormer

GEAR LIST

nonick
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,587 posts
Joined Jun 2009
NYC
Aug 08, 2010 14:53 |  #6

Thank you all for your help.

Gear|Searching for 7DII, Buying 5DIII 35L II, 24-70 2.8L IS

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
39,147 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Belmont, CA
Aug 08, 2010 20:48 |  #7

argyle wrote in post #10681420external link
The Kaesemann version also uses a higher grade of polarizing foils (according to B+W literature).

This statement is true. I have never seen any tests that demonstrate the value of the higher grade of foil.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support http://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
39,147 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Belmont, CA
Aug 08, 2010 20:55 |  #8

Schneider information states, "Compared with conventional polarisers Kaesemann film polarisers are distinguished by their consistant neutrality of colour and excellent polarisation properties."

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support http://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

sponsored links

4,729 views & 0 likes for this thread
B+W Kaesemann vs. B+W MRC Circular Polarizer
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.