Thread started 12 Aug 2010 (Thursday) 16:46   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

The ­ Ran
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2010
1,555 posts
Hertford, England
[MORE/SHARE]

I've got a really annoying problem here. I've installed the EOS Viewer Utility and EOS capture that came on the disk with my 20D, it's never worked on my desktop or netbook. I eventually managed to download something on my desktop that made it work but I can't remember what it was to put it on my netbook. I've tried downloading the latest versions from the Canon website but all it does is give me some .hqx and .dmg files that I can't do anything with (I was expecting something more logical like a .exe).

Now my specific problem is that when I connect the camera, turn it on and start up EOS Viewer Utility and press the button for EOS Capture it come up with "Failed to initialize application", however it comes up with the control panel at the right which displays the correct settings from the camera, but I can't do anything else. Also when trying to browse the files on the camera through the same program it just crashes.

So, anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong or need to download? I'm using Windows 7 if that helps.

Post #1, Aug 12, 2010 16:46:07

Gear List

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
The ­ Ran
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2010
1,555 posts
Hertford, England
[MORE/SHARE]

Okay, turns out the .dmg and .hqx were for Mac so I tried downloading the Windows version. EOS Capture installed so I assume I didn't have the latest version of that, however EOS Viewer Utility just told me that it's already installed and did nothing. None of this has fixed the problem, still comes up with the same ****.

Is there any other program that will allow me to shoot tethered? It doesn't matter if I can't control the camera, I mostly need to review the photos (and before anyone mentions Lightroom, I've tried the beta and it's a load of ****).

Post #2, Aug 12, 2010 17:40:10

Gear List

LIST NEARBY THREADS
1,847 views & 0 likes for this thread
EOS Capture and 20D not working
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES