Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th of August 2010 (Thu)   #1
The Ran

Default EOS Capture and 20D not working

I've got a really annoying problem here. I've installed the EOS Viewer Utility and EOS capture that came on the disk with my 20D, it's never worked on my desktop or netbook. I eventually managed to download something on my desktop that made it work but I can't remember what it was to put it on my netbook. I've tried downloading the latest versions from the Canon website but all it does is give me some .hqx and .dmg files that I can't do anything with (I was expecting something more logical like a .exe).

Now my specific problem is that when I connect the camera, turn it on and start up EOS Viewer Utility and press the button for EOS Capture it come up with "Failed to initialize application", however it comes up with the control panel at the right which displays the correct settings from the camera, but I can't do anything else. Also when trying to browse the files on the camera through the same program it just crashes.

So, anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong or need to download? I'm using Windows 7 if that helps.
Old 12th of August 2010 (Thu)   #2
The Ran

Default Re: EOS Capture and 20D not working

Okay, turns out the .dmg and .hqx were for Mac so I tried downloading the Windows version. EOS Capture installed so I assume I didn't have the latest version of that, however EOS Viewer Utility just told me that it's already installed and did nothing. None of this has fixed the problem, still comes up with the same ****.

Is there any other program that will allow me to shoot tethered? It doesn't matter if I can't control the camera, I mostly need to review the photos (and before anyone mentions Lightroom, I've tried the beta and it's a load of ****).