Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Birds 
Thread started 25 Aug 2010 (Wednesday) 15:12
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

He's baaaack....

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
17,633 posts
Gallery: 264 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Sep 2008

Aug 26, 2010 03:08 |  #16

Ray is right in that 'manners maketh man' but those manners have to be taught first and it seems that all too many don't learn them nowadays. Scary thing is, these idiots have offspring... Anyway, great series of your buddy and the heron, Sharon.

Levina
Please quote when responding to a post!!!
There is no such thing as ect. It's etc. (with period) from latin et cetera.
Colours are not complimentary but complementary.
My flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Shar824
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
11,948 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Aug 26, 2010 08:09 |  #17

Thank you Levina....you're so right, they either don't bother to learn them, or their parents don't bother teaching them. Somehow, I think it's a combination of both.

Sharon

"If you want to see birds, you must have birds in your heart." -- John Burroughs

GrizzlyMan
376 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Aug 26, 2010 21:08 |  #18

Super nice shots but the last one.. Thats just amazing. They must have seen you, how can you not care that you were photographing... amazing...

www.ThruKurtsLens.com (external link) & Flickr (external link) & 500px (external link)

Canon 1dmkIV, 7DII, 5DmkIII ~ 17-40 4.0 L, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 24-70 2.8 L, 500 L 4.0, 1.4x extender, 2x extender, 580 speedlight, Think Tank Backpacks & Bags.......

DWBlue
98 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Aug 26, 2010 21:13 as a reply to  @ GrizzlyMan's post |  #19

Very awesome shots....I liked them all...:D

CanaHolic
Goldmember
1,605 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Aug 26, 2010 21:17 as a reply to  @ DWBlue's post |  #20

Sharon,

You certainly can shoot, these are all outstanding,Just love the leg up poses captured here. Simply fantastic...

as for the rude people, I just don't get it...

Dan

Daniel Behm
My Gallery (external link)| (external link)flickr | (external link)Facebook (external link)

Shar824
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
11,948 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Aug 26, 2010 21:35 |  #21

GrizzlyMan wrote in post #10796716 (external link)
Super nice shots but the last one.. Thats just amazing. They must have seen you, how can you not care that you were photographing... amazing...

Thank you Kurt......oh, they saw me, they walked 2-3 feet in front of me.

DWBlue wrote in post #10796738 (external link)
Very awesome shots....I liked them all...:D

Thanks DW...I really appreciate the comment.

CanaHolic wrote in post #10796769 (external link)
Sharon,

You certainly can shoot, these are all outstanding,Just love the leg up poses captured here. Simply fantastic...

as for the rude people, I just don't get it...

Dan

Thank you Dan...I love the leg/feet up poses the best. And the rude people...the only thing I can say is they're just rude, ignorant, self centered idiots.

Sharon

"If you want to see birds, you must have birds in your heart." -- John Burroughs

m52
Goldmember
1,216 posts
Gallery: 49 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Aug 26, 2010 22:12 |  #22

great shots on the time you did have. seen the type around here a couple of times last year.good luck tomorrow

Randy

Shar824
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
11,948 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Aug 26, 2010 22:25 |  #23

m52 wrote in post #10797147 (external link)
great shots on the time you did have. seen the type around here a couple of times last year.good luck tomorrow

Thank you Randy....I went back today and it was one of those shades of gray days, and there wasn't anything around at all. Kinda a wasted trip.

Sharon

pttenn
Cream of the Crop
9,671 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Aug 27, 2010 14:10 |  #24

That tricolored heron is just gorgeous! I've had similar experiences with the only dumb species on the planet (other than an old English sheepdog that had no brain whatsoever.....) and it is all I can do to keep from making a sarcastic comment or two. They are just oblivious.
Karen

Canon 50D, 40D, Tokina 12-24,Canon 18-55,Canon 28-135 IS, Canon 50 1.8,Canon 75-300 5.6,
Canon 200 2.8 L, Canon 400 f/5.6 L, Bogen monopod and Sunpak Tripod with manfrotto Pistol ball grip.

Titus213
Cream of the Crop
19,400 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 27, 2010 15:59 |  #25

Amazing birds! I agree that heron is gorgeous.

As to the last shot - stupid is genetic. If it happens again get up quick, holler GATOR! and run like mad.

Dave
Perspiring photographer.
Visit NorwoodPhotos.comexternal link

Shar824
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
11,948 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Aug 27, 2010 16:31 |  #26

pttenn wrote in post #10801098 (external link)
That tricolored heron is just gorgeous! I've had similar experiences with the only dumb species on the planet (other than an old English sheepdog that had no brain whatsoever.....) and it is all I can do to keep from making a sarcastic comment or two. They are just oblivious.
Karen

Thank you Karen.....believe me I had to really bite my tongue to keep from telling them how stupid and ignorant they apparently were.

Titus213 wrote in post #10801741 (external link)
Amazing birds! I agree that heron is gorgeous.

As to the last shot - stupid is genetic. If it happens again get up quick, holler GATOR! and run like mad.

LOL I'll have to keep that one in mind, that's a good one. Thanks Dave.

Sharon

Stormin_24
Cream of the Crop
5,810 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2006

Aug 27, 2010 19:02 |  #27

Beautiful shots Sharon... As far as the idiots go, they are all over the place, no escaping them...

New Hampshire State Bird: Purple Finch
http://www.netstate.co​m …birds/nh_purple​_finch.htm (external link)
Gear
Norman
Did they get you to trade, your hero's for ghosts?

sugarzebra
Cream of the Crop
9,289 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Sep 2005

Aug 27, 2010 19:22 |  #28

Fabulous shots of my favourite egret Sharon & the colouring on the hero. Is wonderful. Next you see the people coming stand up and start shooting them....they will quickly go somewhere else :)

Scott

Website & Blog (external link)

Shar824
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
11,948 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Aug 27, 2010 20:22 |  #29

Stormin_24 wrote in post #10802793 (external link)
Beautiful shots Sharon... As far as the idiots go, they are all over the place, no escaping them...

Thank you Norman.....seems like the idiots are becoming a dime a dozen down at my favorite marsh.

sugarzebra wrote in post #10802863 (external link)
Fabulous shots of my favourite egret Sharon & the colouring on the hero. Is wonderful. Next you see the people coming stand up and start shooting them....they will quickly go somewhere else :)

Thank you Scott.....he's my favorite also, if the idiots hadn't walked between me and the birds the heron wouldn't have taken off like he did.

Sharon

Crimzon
Cream of the Crop
5,211 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined May 2009

Sep 05, 2010 02:27 as a reply to  @ post 10788888 |  #30

Well at least you got some wonderful shots in before Beevis and Butthead showed up.

My Flikr (external link)
My Imagekind gallery (external link)

Always feel free to provide constructive criticism to any of my pics.

sponsored links

2,274 views & 0 likes for this thread
He's baaaack....
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Birds 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.