Thread started 20 Sep 2010 (Monday) 13:22   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Headshotzx
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2007
4,395 posts
Singapore
[MORE/SHARE]

Hi all, I need some help here. i'm creating a rig to fulfill my 4 wants for when I do certain projects, which are stills, flying, run-and-gun and tripod work.

Now the LCDVF is the simplest. Only question is if I'm short sighted by 200degrees, the screen wouldn't be an issue right?

Now for the blackbird and manfrotto tripod setup. The tripod head I'm going to buy would be either a 701HDV or a 501HDV. Then the blackbird. I notice that the QR plate for the manfrotto head is for camcorders and thus is a little long for the camera itself.

For my still work, i use arca-swiss compatible plates. Is it possible that I rig two arca swiss / wimberley clamps, one on the manfrotto QR, one on the blackbird, and get them to work? Do i need special screws / nuts / bolts to do so? Not sure if the clamp bottom is 1/4 inch or 3/8 inch etc.

Post #1, Sep 20, 2010 13:22:53

Zexun - 21 y.o photographer/film-maker | Flickrexternal link | YouTubeexternal link |

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Dominic49
Mostly Lurking
Joined Aug 2010
13 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

http://cgi.ebay.com ...4cf1d817a1#ht_3114w​t_1139external link

for the tripod head imo

Post #2, Sep 20, 2010 22:41:28

Headshotzx
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2007
4,395 posts
Singapore
[MORE/SHARE]

Heard good things about that, but I'd rather purchase something that I've tried and tested, which is the 501/701 HDVs. Thanks though!

Post #3, Sep 21, 2010 02:55:09

Zexun - 21 y.o photographer/film-maker | Flickrexternal link | YouTubeexternal link |

LIST NEARBY THREADS
1,147 views & 0 likes for this thread
Quick release for fluid head, blackbird stabiliser etc
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES