Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Digital Video
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th of September 2010 (Mon)   #1
Headshotzx
Goldmember

Default Quick release for fluid head, blackbird stabiliser etc

Hi all, I need some help here. i'm creating a rig to fulfill my 4 wants for when I do certain projects, which are stills, flying, run-and-gun and tripod work.

Now the LCDVF is the simplest. Only question is if I'm short sighted by 200degrees, the screen wouldn't be an issue right?

Now for the blackbird and manfrotto tripod setup. The tripod head I'm going to buy would be either a 701HDV or a 501HDV. Then the blackbird. I notice that the QR plate for the manfrotto head is for camcorders and thus is a little long for the camera itself.

For my still work, i use arca-swiss compatible plates. Is it possible that I rig two arca swiss / wimberley clamps, one on the manfrotto QR, one on the blackbird, and get them to work? Do i need special screws / nuts / bolts to do so? Not sure if the clamp bottom is 1/4 inch or 3/8 inch etc.
Old 20th of September 2010 (Mon)   #2
Dominic49

Default Re: Quick release for fluid head, blackbird stabiliser etc

http://cgi.ebay.com/Photography-Vide...ht_3114wt_1139

for the tripod head imo
Dominic49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st of September 2010 (Tue)   #3
Headshotzx
Goldmember

Default Re: Quick release for fluid head, blackbird stabiliser etc

Heard good things about that, but I'd rather purchase something that I've tried and tested, which is the 501/701 HDVs. Thanks though!