This week's theme is Up or Down. How you interpret the subject is, as always, wide open, but I think there are a lot of fun things that can be done with this. Enjoy!
The challenge will end on September 28th at 7pm CDT
Standard Rules apply:
1. Camera - Any Canon DSLR Camera
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size - Please visit Image Posting Rules
4. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting - * ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge. * Photo Name in the message subject line.* Camera model & lens used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Have questions, PM me.
8. Have FUN!
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends - 7pm CST on September 28th.
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed
stu46 - I like it! Haven't we all felt like this at some point - where we just run out of gas and sleep is the only way to go, no matter where we might be? Good capture and nice B&W conversion.
Flo - Good capture Gail, I'm always envious of your location because you have so much nature to shoot. I liked your title too.
Maureen Souza - Up or Down indeed. Either way it looks like fun. Great colors.
philk54 - Nicely exposed and the flame gives it a nice touch. You'd never catch me in one of these but they are cool to look at. You've given us a colorful perspective and left no doubt we're on our way up.
Jason C - Very raw and quite honestly not what I was expecting in this challenge. I have looked at this image every day while monitoring the challenge because it is a strong self-portrait IMHO. Well done.
Pupsocket - I like the "up" perspective. I like the deep blue BG, but the flash is overexposing the sunflower though and drains a lot of the color from the primary subject.
sncy - Having spent 4 years in the USMC working in aviation (F-4 Phantoms) this type of shot always appeals to me. And it brings back fond memories of traveling all over the world and playing against other military branches and other countries.
airfrogusmc - I like this shot Allen. The penetrating eye contact is perfect, her confidence pops right out of the monitor, and I like the way you used the flooring to divide the image into approximate thirds.
John_B - Really nice mix of colors and tones and this looks like it was fun getting to the location where the photo was taken.
scubadaddy - This shot really cracked me up - and excellent use of the theme. My only nit is the crop at the elbows - sorry - but otherwise I enjoyed your entry.
geno.ca - Another image that had me smiling because I have never seen a kid that doesn't do this at this age when "dancing." BTW, my wife really like this shot - she laughed out loud.
dilorenzo 1954 - Very ominous downpour and well captured Ed. Mother Nature doesn't mind putting on a show every now and then.
(Just for the record everybody, Ed had to PM me last night to ask just exactly why I was trying to close the challenge a day early because he was trying to post. Well, I guess it's because I felt we had enough entries, OK?!! lol.)
jeev - Nice way to finish off the challenge! That is one horse about to park it's butt on the ground and look at that rider - wow. Really makes me want to see what happens next.