Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk 
Thread started 09 Oct 2010 (Saturday) 21:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

41 kids, no bleachers

Mike ­ R
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

Oct 09, 2010 21:49 |  #1

I need suggestions for settting up a team of 41 kids plus coaches without any bleachers to use for the team photo. It's HS soccer and they want the entire team in one shot (V,JV,F)

Mike R
www.mikerubinphoto.com (external link)

sponsored links
Viva-photography
Goldmember
1,442 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Oct 09, 2010 23:57 |  #2

Bring a ladder

jaredholtphoto.com (external link)
Canon 5D Mark II// Canon 85mm f/1.8//Sigma 35mm f/1.4//Canon 70-200 f/4L

asysin2leads
I'm kissing arse
6,328 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Oct 10, 2010 05:15 |  #3

Viva-photography wrote in post #11066688 (external link)
Bring a ladder

I'm going to agree with this. I would divide up the groups somewhat equally and have the front row on their butt sitting Indian style (criss-cross applesauce my 3 yo says). Have the second row kneeling and the third row standing. Have them form a slight arch. I've seen it down with even more people.

Kevin
https://www.google.com ….com&ctz=Americ​a/New_York (external link)

Mike ­ R
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

Oct 10, 2010 07:55 |  #4

I'll have a ladder but I'm concerned about how many rows and whether it will look good. Usually for large teams there are bleachers for me to put them in. I like the idea of the slight arch. They want all 41 in the same shot.

Mike R

dwarrenr
Goldmember
1,650 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Oct 10, 2010 17:07 |  #5

Using Kevin's suggestion you would only have three rows of 13...I think what Kevin suggested is a great ideal and should work for you very well.

D. Warren Robison
"All guys feel the need to compensate. Most compensate with sports cars. I compensate with a 400mm 2.8"
Flickr (external link) - Home Page (external link) - MaxPreps Gallery - (external link)Razzi (external link)
Equipment List

Dan-o
Goldmember
3,537 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Oct 10, 2010 17:22 |  #6

I line @8MM :)

yes Kevin has a good solution.

Danny.
DMunsonPhoto (external link)
Cycling Illustrated (external link)
FaceBook Page (external link)

Mike ­ R
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

Oct 10, 2010 18:42 |  #7

Thanks for all the input. They ended up agreeing with me that separate JV and V team photos would be better. This way the kids could pick which one they wanted and parents that had kids on both teams, purchased both.

Mike R

dmmiller
654 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Oct 10, 2010 18:55 |  #8

I'm a little late with this.. but another way i've seen it done, is to use the long seats along the sidelines (like the football players use) and have a row stand on them, a row standing on the ground and then one sitting or kneeling on the ground or both if you need it.

Michelle

My Gear: Canon 50d, Canon 200mm f/2.8 L II USM, Canon EF 50 1.8 II, Canon AF 70-300mm, Speedlight 420EX

sponsored links

1,299 views & 0 likes for this thread
41 kids, no bleachers
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.