Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge
Thread started 15 Oct 2010 (Friday) 13:49
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

7 things you really don't need to take a photo of

scobols
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2006
Waconia, MN
Oct 15, 2010 13:49 |  #1

7 things you really don't need to take a photo ofexternal link

www.scottbolster.comexternal link
facebookexternal link

sponsored links
AmandaMarie
Cream of the Crop
6,211 posts
Joined Jul 2009
Oct 15, 2010 14:01 |  #2

ahahahaha slutty orangutans.

hilarious.

Meow.

KCY
Unlocked the hidden 117 point AF
7,170 posts
Joined Jun 2009
I wish I knew...
Oct 15, 2010 14:29 |  #3

my word no.7 is scary!!!

KC - The Circle of PoTN - Member of the UCPC
My Gear|My Smugmugexternal link|Pong

DetlevCM
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2010
Europe
Oct 16, 2010 06:56 |  #4

I'm not really sure I agree fully.

1) agree - unless you are there to just take photos :D (my 2 attendances at the maths Christmas party was just to take photographs for the people doing maths - I'm NOT a party person - without the little photo task I wouldn't have gone there)

2) Depends on the food - if you do have a meal that is set up rather lovely it can be worth an image - even if only for the memory - however I agree that most food won't make a good photograph

3) Depends on how you shoot it - scenery can be nice - but it needs to be a "Bit different" from what everybody gets.

4) I think people underestimate the power of some technology - I actually used my mobile for images at a Jean Michelle Jarre concert - yes, they are only for me, and only for memories, yes they are 2MP, and obviously a point and shoot would be better (but I don't have one) and I don't think they would have liked an SLR - but still, you can get surprisingly good results (just keep of the video ;))

5) can't comment

6) Again - if people put in some artistic work with it it might work out very well - as long as it's not a snapshot

7) Definitely true :) (although I'll admit I've not seen many mirror images - I do know a mirror wipes out a fair amount of image quality)

So am I missing the point of that link? Maybe...

5D MK II AF Satisfaction Poll | Reduced Kit List
A Basic Guide to Photographyexternal link | Websiteexternal link
Flickrexternal link | Artflakesexternal link | Blurbexternal link

Vladimer
634 posts
Joined Dec 2009
Alberta, Canada
Oct 18, 2010 09:02 |  #5

DetlevCM wrote in post #11107330external link
I'm not really sure I agree fully.

1) agree - unless you are there to just take photos :D (my 2 attendances at the maths Christmas party was just to take photographs for the people doing maths - I'm NOT a party person - without the little photo task I wouldn't have gone there)

2) Depends on the food - if you do have a meal that is set up rather lovely it can be worth an image - even if only for the memory - however I agree that most food won't make a good photograph

3) Depends on how you shoot it - scenery can be nice - but it needs to be a "Bit different" from what everybody gets.

4) I think people underestimate the power of some technology - I actually used my mobile for images at a Jean Michelle Jarre concert - yes, they are only for me, and only for memories, yes they are 2MP, and obviously a point and shoot would be better (but I don't have one) and I don't think they would have liked an SLR - but still, you can get surprisingly good results (just keep of the video ;))

5) can't comment

6) Again - if people put in some artistic work with it it might work out very well - as long as it's not a snapshot

7) Definitely true :) (although I'll admit I've not seen many mirror images - I do know a mirror wipes out a fair amount of image quality)

So am I missing the point of that link? Maybe...

The humor maybe? :lol:

funny link :)

scobols
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2006
Waconia, MN
Oct 18, 2010 09:18 |  #6

Vladimer wrote in post #11118397external link

Yes, it's just a joke...

www.scottbolster.comexternal link
facebookexternal link

DetlevCM
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2010
Europe
Oct 18, 2010 09:29 |  #7

Vladimer wrote in post #11118397external link

scobols wrote in post #11118473external link
Yes, it's just a joke...

Maybe...

5D MK II AF Satisfaction Poll | Reduced Kit List
A Basic Guide to Photographyexternal link | Websiteexternal link
Flickrexternal link | Artflakesexternal link | Blurbexternal link

DStanic
Cream of the Crop
6,148 posts
Joined Oct 2007
Canada
Oct 18, 2010 17:45 |  #8

Being a car guy and having friends that are even more "car guy" I can't stand to see regular shots of their vehicles. Unless it is done in some interesting/artistic manner I really don't want to see a regular Autotrader quality portrait of their mid-90s winter beater...

Sony A6000, 16-50PZ, 55-210, 35mm 1.8 OSS
Canon 60D, 30D
Tamron 28-75 2.8, Tamron 17-35, Sigma 50mm 1.4, Canon 85mm 1.8

sponsored links

965 views & 0 likes for this thread
7 things you really don't need to take a photo of
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.