Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > Motorsports
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th of October 2010 (Sun)   #1
spotz04

Default 5-Hour Energy 250 @ GIR

My first time shooting a NASCAR race. 5-Hour Energy 250 @ Gateway International. Used the T1i w/55-250. That's some fast moving stuff when trying to shoot directly in front of you in the bleachers as the cars whiz by. The fence didn't help at all while trying to get the center AF point between the grid.

Shot from my seat - Ricky Stenhouse Jr., reentering the race after he spent time behind pit row due to being involved in a 10 car crash that stopped the race for ~20 minutes. He finished in 23rd place (behind #7 Danica Patrick who finished 22nd).

Tried MF near the finish line for attempting to catch the winner (Brad Keselowski) cross over it but that didn't work very well. Fence looks great in the pic, car is a total blur - dang it! Thought I had the checkered pattern in focus but then someone bumped me back a bit while the crowds rushed the fence to see the finish.

At least a decent shot of Keselowski smoking the tires for the fans after the race. I had switched the lens back on AF again.

spotz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member