Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 30 Aug 2005 (Tuesday) 23:26
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

By popular request....workflow tutorial.

BrandonSi
Nevermind.. I'm silly.
Joined Sep 2004
Chicago
Jan 09, 2012 08:35 |  #121

So to summarize the PDF.. Adjust WB, HSL, crop and sharpen.. you don't even need PS for that, LR will do just fine.

Definitely an out-dated workflow, but it's got solid fundamentals.. If works for you, go for it...! Cute kid, too.

[ www (external link)· flickr (external link)]

sponsored links
chauncey
Cream of the Crop
9,696 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2007
MI/CO
Jan 09, 2012 08:39 as a reply to post 13672607 |  #122

Hey Andy, purely as an example...What do you do when shooting a group of people? If you're anything like me, trying to control micro-expressions is akin to herding cats...can't be done.
What I do is to take a series of images in AI Servo, choose the best image to use as a recipient and clone-in micro-expressions from the other images into that recipient. This way there is nobody blinking or sticking out their tongue or any of the other subject screw-ups.

All I'm suggesting is that Photoshop is capable of so much more than what your PDF indicated, at least to me but, it does give the neophyte out there a great starting point.

The things you do for yourself die with you, the things you do for others live forever.
A man's worth should be judged, not when he basks in the sun, but how he faces the storm.

My stuff...http://1x.com/member/c​hauncey43external link

cagenuts
860 posts
Joined Mar 2011
Johannesburg, South Africa
Jan 09, 2012 08:44 |  #123

chauncey wrote in post #13672848external link
What I do is to take a series of images in AI Servo, choose the best image to use as a recipient and clone-in micro-expressions from the other images into that recipient.

How does AI-Servo help with this? Surely there are no moving targets?

Why not just use One shot hi speed?

...Ask me anything, I'm an ultracrepidarian.
Hilton

BrandonSi
Nevermind.. I'm silly.
Joined Sep 2004
Chicago
Jan 09, 2012 08:46 |  #124

cagenuts wrote in post #13672867external link
How does AI-Servo help with this? Surely there are no moving targets?

Why not just use One shot hi speed?

Wondering the same.. unless he's not using a tripod, and he's the one moving..

[ www (external link)· flickr (external link)]

schmoelzel
THREAD ­ STARTER
Lord of the Holy Trinity
1,889 posts
Joined Aug 2001
London (Canada)
Feb 24, 2012 10:20 |  #125

Whoa........good to see this still generates interest after 7 years!! Maybe too limiting for some but I think it can still help others with the starting point for post-processing. Believe it or not, I still use this basic procedure with most portrait pics. Sorry that the original pics have disappeared........cha​nged servers and forgot that I had all these links at this site. Will try and rectify!

Chris
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2006
Algonquin, IL
Feb 27, 2012 19:45 |  #126

I hope you can. I would love to see those pics back up again.

Chris

70D | 24-70 2.8 | 400 5.6 | 580 EXII | 2X Yongnuo 622C |

Jvandagriff
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Nov 2013
Dec 15, 2013 19:43 |  #127

I applaud this tutorial and the efforts of many to keep the photos and links available. I don't understand why some criticize the demonstration as out of date or lacking in relevance. White balance, sharpening, highlights and shadow adjustments -- aren't these basic post-processing tools we can all use to improve the final result?

tonylong
...winded
54,592 posts
Gallery: 55 photos
Joined Sep 2007
Vancouver, WA USA
Dec 15, 2013 23:43 |  #128

Jvandagriff wrote in post #16530208external link
I applaud this tutorial and the efforts of many to keep the photos and links available. I don't understand why some criticize the demonstration as out of date or lacking in relevance. White balance, sharpening, highlights and shadow adjustments -- aren't these basic post-processing tools we can all use to improve the final result?

Hmm, I don't know that anyone is criticizing the post-processing techniques...even though the capabilities of apps like Lightroom have soared since this thread, over the past 8 years. The great majority of responders here have really appreciated this thread, read all the comments!!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBaseexternal link
Wildlife project pics hereexternal link, Biking Photog shoots hereexternal link, "Suburbia" project hereexternal link! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics hereexternal link

sponsored links

78,194 views & 0 likes for this thread
By popular request....workflow tutorial.
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.