Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk
Thread started 08 Jan 2011 (Saturday) 08:07
Prev/next

NEED Boudoir for Mature women Inspiration

Shayebryd
111 posts
Joined Jul 2008
Jan 08, 2011 08:07 |  #1

Anyone know of any sites or have any images to share for inspiration for boudoir sessions for mature women 50 and up?

Thank you so much in advance!!!

Canon 5D MKII, Canon 50D, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Canon 70-200mm L f/4 IS, Canon 17-55mm IS, Panasonic Lumix LX3
http://shayebryd.smugm​ug.com/external link

FastFred
Joined Dec 2009
Northfield, NJ
Jan 08, 2011 10:43 |  #2

Great question. I'm going to tag along on this one because it's a genre of photography that I'm very interested in.

Feel free to C&C my images if you think that you can help me improve my photo work.
My Website: http://kisbyphotograph​y.zenfolio.com/ (external link)

Shayebryd
THREAD ­ STARTER
111 posts
Joined Jul 2008
Jan 08, 2011 20:38 |  #3

Anyone??

Canon 5D MKII, Canon 50D, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Canon 70-200mm L f/4 IS, Canon 17-55mm IS, Panasonic Lumix LX3

chrisvl
Goldmember
1,569 posts
Joined Nov 2006
Canada
Jan 09, 2011 15:21 |  #4

Use the same inspiration that you shoot for under 50.
She's a woman, I'm assuming beautiful so why treat them any different.
That's my take

ChrisVLinton.comexternal link - Glamour
sportsNaction.comexternal link - Sports
Become a Fan on Facebookexternal link
Follow me on Twitterexternal link and Instagramexternal link and Blogexternal link at Tumblrexternal link
My Gearlist

focus.pocus
Goldmember
3,423 posts
Joined Jul 2009
Geneva Switzerland / South Carolina U.S.A.
Jan 09, 2011 15:46 |  #5

agreed

I know, right? I'm just sayin'...

Shayebryd
THREAD ­ STARTER
111 posts
Joined Jul 2008
Jan 09, 2011 18:51 |  #6

That was the advice I got prior to my 1st boudoir with a gorgeous 54 year old women.... But trust me.......it is A LOT different.............​..a 20-30 and many 40 years olds still have much of their youthfulness........50 and over are still very beautiful but age is starting to show........and that is not what they to see in their images.

You really have to be much more careful in how you pose them and on some poses you have to imply rather than reveal.

There is a difference......a huge one.

But thank you both all the same............

I'll keep searching for inspiration :)

chrisvl
Goldmember
1,569 posts
Joined Nov 2006
Canada
Jan 09, 2011 19:20 |  #7

So is it an age or body thing that you're concerned with?
Whether they're fat or wrinkled or stretched marked to death it doesn't matter if they're young or old. They all have something to camouflage and that's where props (shirts, cardigans, lingerie, jackets, sheets) and photoshop come in.
I've shot from 48 to 57 completely nude and the only time I'm concerned with the age is doing any over the top poses that look age in appropriate. Now if they wanted to do them I would go right ahead but usually they're looking to me for guidance.
Look at Playboy for tons of ideas and keep them simple.

The other thing you could be dealing with is the models perception of themselves and that my firend is a whole different problem. :-)

ChrisVLinton.comexternal link - Glamour
sportsNaction.comexternal link - Sports
Become a Fan on Facebookexternal link
Follow me on Twitterexternal link and Instagramexternal link and Blogexternal link at Tumblrexternal link
My Gearlist

kfyount
821 posts
Joined Jan 2010
Germany
Jan 10, 2011 03:20 |  #8

chrisvl wrote in post #11606970external link
So is it an age or body thing that you're concerned with?
Whether they're fat or wrinkled or stretched marked to death it doesn't matter if they're young or old. They all have something to camouflage and that's where props (shirts, cardigans, lingerie, jackets, sheets) and photoshop come in.
I've shot from 48 to 57 completely nude and the only time I'm concerned with the age is doing any over the top poses that look age in appropriate. Now if they wanted to do them I would go right ahead but usually they're looking to me for guidance.
Look at Playboy for tons of ideas and keep them simple.

The other thing you could be dealing with is the models perception of themselves and that my firend is a whole different problem. :-)

Maybe the OP is asking about dealing with the effects of age on the body. In that case your are exactly right, that doesn't matter if young or old. All the techniques to get the best perspective for any model, regardless of age, will work for "mature women."

You are also correct that the models' self perception is the biggest challenge. But I would disagree a bit about "age inappropriate" poses - some mature women might really like to try some of those poses and if they work out, those shots could be their favorites. If they don't work out, oh well - nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Kevin

Starburst
33 posts
Joined Jan 2011
Jan 11, 2011 02:28 |  #9

So far the responses have not really addressed the OP's request.

I think what shayebryd is asking for are some boudoir images of mature women......or links to some examples.

If anyone is able to supply some examples I'd be interested also.

burnet44
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2012
Robinson, Texas
Jul 29, 2017 12:40 |  #10

flattering poses?

Canon 70D Gripped, Canon 1DII, 7D2 Canon gripped 70-200 2.8 ISM II, Canon 50 1.8, Sigma 17-50 2.8, Canon 400 5.6 on loan, Canon 1.4 TC, Canon 550 EX flash
C and C welcome, Brutality Encouraged, Help Always Welcome Editing OK
www.firstdownphotos.ph​otoreflect.com (external link)
Flicker Page http://www.flickr.com/​photos/72506283@N03/ (external link)

5,874 views & 0 likes for this thread
NEED Boudoir for Mature women Inspiration
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.