Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > Competitions
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st of January 2011 (Fri)   #1
Robert Zurfluh

Default National Parks Photo Contest Idea - Thoughts?

Playing with this idea in my mind. So many National Parks out there, and I did not see any contest for this. Post your best National Park picture...

Different National Park - US only - or US, Canada, and Mexico? Run one Park for 2 weeks, then move on to a different one. Winner chooses next destination? Anyone interested?

If so, I'll set something up.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 22nd of January 2011 (Sat)   #2
MephitBlue

Default Re: National Parks Photo Contest Idea - Thoughts?

Sounds interesting, though I personally only have images from a couple of US national parks. Just haven't traveled to that many yet.

I could see a reverse contest to this as well. Post an image from a national park and others have to guess which park it is from.
MephitBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd of January 2011 (Sat)   #3
Robert Zurfluh

I started one....see if it takes off....
Old 22nd of January 2011 (Sat)   #4
Robert Zurfluh

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=989508
Old 22nd of January 2011 (Sat)   #5
Robert Zurfluh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MephitBlue View Post
Sounds interesting, though I personally only have images from a couple of US national parks. Just haven't traveled to that many yet.

I could see a reverse contest to this as well. Post an image from a national park and others have to guess which park it is from.
Reverse contest could work, but I am a little bit worried that people either start posting landmarks which are too easy, or that people start posting pictures that are too general and generic....

If my NP idea does not find anyone willing to play, then maybe we'll go with that one

I have been to a bunch, but only had my digital SLR in 2010 when I went to Grand Teton and Yellowstone. Whenever I look for pictures from a specific NP there are a bunch of threads here, but it would be cool to have a bunch of great shots in one place. This way when one visits a new NP then the photo hot spots will be covered.