Version 1.3 (revised July 7th, 2014 )
Agreement to Rules of use:
1. (The ownership legalese)
- This forum is international discussion forum about photography, photos, gear and techniques.
- By registering and making posts on the photography-on-the.net Digital Photography Forums, you agree to abide by the Forum Rules of Use, both stated and unstated.
- By posting messages to the photography-on-the.net Digital Photography Forums you give forum owner and maintainers permission to permanently store all message content, present it for public viewing, backup it to any location and media, present it in other form, modify *, delete, or make any use whatsoever in the Forums.
- All images posted are copyrighted to their respective owners.
- You agree to post only content that you have copyright for, or with written permission from the copyright owner.
- Content copied in it's entirety from other websites, Forums or other media must be accompanied by a link or reference to the material, along with credit given to the original author.
- photography-on-the.net Digital Photography Forums is not responsible for the content of any uploaded files, nor is it in affiliation with any entities that may be represented in the uploaded files.
- All messages express the views of the author, and owners of photography-on-the.net Digital Photography Forums will not be held responsible for the content of any message.
- Posts can be edited or deleted within 7 days by the poster. After that only mods can edit or delete them.
* Most often this is just the daily work of editing BBCODE problems, fixing non-working links or correcting blatant spelling errors. Content is, of course, not touched if it does not violate rules.
2. (The liability legalese)
3. (The "Anti-Spam" jargon)
- Message content must conform with content guidelines outlined in each forum's description on forums front page.
- You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of the photography-on-the.net with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
- You agree, through your use of the Forums, that you will not post any material or links to any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, libelous, inaccurate, rude, racist, disrespectful, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, threatening, obscene, profane, pornographic, racially or ethnically offensive, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.
- You will not upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- You agree not to violate the rights of others, such as content which infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or violate any right of privacy or publicity, or otherwise violates any applicable law or reputation.
- You will not impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- You will not register to the Forum with multiple identities.
- Linking or giving information about any site that distributes illegal software, ROMs, media, or emulators, seeking help to circumvent any copyright laws, admitting to possessing and/or distributing illegal copyrighted material, or encouraging software or media piracy is grounds for an immediate ban.
4. (The "don't be a jerk" language)
- Direct selling of any product and/or service on the Forums, in any other area than Marketplace Section, is strictly prohibited and the rules enforced. In Marketplace Section forum members can sell merchandise or services related to cameras, lenses and accessories. You agree to Marketplace Rules when posting and replying there.
- Message bumping is prohibited.
- Chain letters, pyramid schemes, "spam", multi-level marketing, blatant cross-posting or other solicitations are strictly prohibited.
- Private Messaging is for personal use only - using it as a mass-marketing tool is forbidden.
- You will not collect, record or otherwise use any other users' e-mail addresses or other personal information for any purpose other than those pertaining to participation in the Forums.
- Political or religious discussions and promotion of political or religious agendas or ideas in posts, signatures, images or avatars is prohibited. Promoting any 'ism or ideology unrelated to photography is not allowed.
- User names may not be rude, racist, disrespectful, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, threatening, obscene, profane, pornographic, racially or ethnically offensive. Moderators have right to force a user name change if needed.
- User signature should go into the dedicated signature box and NOT in the actual post. Signature must not contain large fonts or distractive elements.
5. (And of course, Big brother is watching)
- Have fun!
- See Rule Number 1!!!
- We think empathy ,caring and sharing is cool
- Intelligence is valued but not required
- People cannot see your face, use smileys when needed
- Though we encourage members to engage in healthy debate, we do not condone personal attacks on members. Ideas can be disputed or challenged, but attacks on a personal level are unacceptable and when they are discovered or brought to the attention of the staff, will be dealt with accordingly. Ideas can be attacked, but individuals cannot.
- You will not "stalk" or otherwise harass other members.
- Goodbye posts (post seeking attention when you are abandoning the forums) are forbidden.
- If you know an answer to a question either answer it or say nothing. Giving newbies blunt answers like "search the forum" is not allowed - please use the typing effort to giving the answer instead. Or just give the link to that post you wished the newbie should have searched for. Respect newbies - you were a newbie once.
- Falsifying your identity to promote a site or business in which you are involved and/or solicitations are expressly prohibited on these Forums.
- Falsifying your identity with numerous postings under different names is not permitted and can be cause for deletion of your postings regardless of the content.
- You will not upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- You will not attempt to access any protected sections of the sites or Forums, nor make use of any hacks, cracks, bug exploits, etc. to bypass or modify the features of the Forum software at Canon-Digital-Photography.
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO READ https://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=574001 BEFORE MAKING THE FIRST POST.
DISCLAIMER: Although the operators of Canon-Digital-Photography do not and cannot review the messages prior to being posted, and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. Further, we reserve the right to make any modification we deem necessary or desirable to any message posted to the Forums.
COOKIES DISCLAIMER: By using this site you agree that some cookies will be stored on your browser.
- Forum leaders such as Administrators and Moderators are entrusted with the ability and responsibility of removing objectionable posts. Warnings may also be sent out to the offending party or parties involved.
- If violations to these rules are severe, or they continue after warnings, a user's privileges to this forum may be suspended for any length of time, up to and including a permanent ban..
- You will, if asked by a Forums leader, cease posting any content, and/or links to content, deemed offensive, objectionable, or in poor taste by a Forum leader. NOTE: If you really need help in deciding if your intended post is acceptable, PM the text to admin or moderators for review.
- Personal Messages (PM) between user and moderator are not to be discussed in public. Note that moderators may share moderator related PM content between other moderators.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE RULES THEN DO NOT DISCUSS IT IN THE FORUM. CONTACT AN ADMINISTRATOR OR MODERATOR AND PRESENT YOUR REASONING TO THEM.
If you do not agree to be bound by these conditions of use, or should you consider any future amendments made to these conditions of use to be unacceptable, you should not post to photography-on-the.net Digital Photography Forums.
Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!
version 2.1 /
code and design
by Pekka Saarinen ©
|Latest registered member is ShantelLynn|
577 guests, 238 members online
Simultaneous users record so far is 15144, that happened on Nov 22, 2018
Photography-on-the.net Digital Photography Forums is the
website for photographers and all who love great photos, camera and post processing techniques, gear talk, discussion and sharing. Professionals, hobbyists, newbies and those who don't even own a camera -- all are welcome regardless of skill, favourite brand, gear, gender or age. Registering and usage is free.