Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
Thread started 23 Apr 2010 (Friday) 03:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

BIG tires!!! corvette

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 24, 2010 06:04 |  #16

I think we just found the answer to the proverbial question "Why?" :lol:

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

sponsored links
ForumForker
690 posts
Joined May 2006

Apr 24, 2010 08:51 |  #17

Anytime a vehicle is this extensively modified, it is not going to be driven in any rain. It was meant for straight line acceleration, and it does this quite well I would suppose. It is not intended to be an all-purpose ride anymore. Your comments seem to reflect a resentment for any major mods to the car. The owner knew what he wanted to do with the car and built it accordingly. Nicely done. A fun street car.

PhotosGuy
75,848 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

Apr 24, 2010 09:12 |  #18

Mark1 wrote in post #10054734 (external link)
Its not bad if you behave. I had a pro street Blazer, for a while, it was my only car. I was able to even drive it in 6 inches of snow with no problem.

"Behave" covers a lot of territory? I'm hearing Tiny Tim singing "Tiptoe through the traffic..." ;)
I've seen a guy enter the E-way in the rain & do a loop in the middle of traffic because he got on it just a bit too hard trying to enter a hole between cars.
I'm glad that you had a better experience with the Blazer.

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

Old ­ Coot
295 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 24, 2010 11:02 |  #19

petercall wrote in post #10055873 (external link)
im a car fanatic !...
and in the nascars! go jimmy johnson.:)

It is Talladega race weekend and the weather in Alabama is terrible right now :(
I live about 20 minutes down the highway from the speedway and on racedays, I can hear the cars from my house. What an amazing sound! Oh, and go Jimmy Johnson :)

5d | 50d | 1d mii | Rebel G 35mm | Polaroid 100, 210, 360 | Bigma | Tokina 80-200 | Promaster 19-35 | 580ex | Olde Tyme Novatron strobes

MikeMcGowan
238 posts
Joined May 2009

Apr 24, 2010 11:08 |  #20

petercall wrote in post #10055873 (external link)
im a car fanatic !
i know we are down under but over the last 70 years or so we have had the odd american classic wash up on our shores!:)
the lines on the old classics are just stunning ! my favourite is the 1957 chev!
our holden brand cars have come out with chevy engines since about 1968 0r so! wich i think was the hk holden monaro coupe with the 307 cubic inch chevy engine!what a sound !
now we have our holden monaro that you guys call the pontiac gto!
we have the 5.7 ltr chevy engine in ours but i think you's in the usa have the 400 ci !is that right.
if it was legal to marry a chev i would!
and in the nascars! go jimmy johnson.:)

I'm pretty sure the GTOs come in a 5.7 and a 6.0 or 6.1, and supposedly the 6.0/6.1 is a hell of a lot faster. They're boats though, way too heavy to even take the 400hp seriously.

Canon 50D | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 VC | Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm f/2.8 | Peleng 8mm f/3.5 | Canon 580ex | Vivitar 285hv(3) | PW Plus II Transceiver(4)
flickr (external link)

Jon ­ Foster
is it safe?
4,517 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Apr 24, 2010 11:25 |  #21

Those tires a bit over inflated too.

Jon.

I shoot with a Little Canon

Check out my photos @ PBase.com (external link) & ModelMayhem.com (external link)

Merkin
319 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 24, 2010 11:35 |  #22

MikeMcGowan wrote in post #10056859 (external link)
I'm pretty sure the GTOs come in a 5.7 and a 6.0 or 6.1, and supposedly the 6.0/6.1 is a hell of a lot faster. They're boats though, way too heavy to even take the 400hp seriously.

Yes, they come in a 5.7 in 04 and 6.0 in 05/06.

The 6.0 is faster, but not that much.

- 50D - 50mm 1.4 -Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 - 580 EX II
Flickr! (external link)

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 24, 2010 12:21 |  #23

ForumForker wrote in post #10056312 (external link)
Anytime a vehicle is this extensively modified, it is not going to be driven in any rain. It was meant for straight line acceleration, and it does this quite well I would suppose. It is not intended to be an all-purpose ride anymore. Your comments seem to reflect a resentment for any major mods to the car. The owner knew what he wanted to do with the car and built it accordingly. Nicely done. A fun street car.

Leave the sense of humor in another suit, did we? :rolleyes:

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

petercall
134 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 24, 2010 18:28 |  #24

Old Coot wrote in post #10056835 (external link)
It is Talladega race weekend and the weather in Alabama is terrible right now :(
I live about 20 minutes down the highway from the speedway and on racedays, I can hear the cars from my house. What an amazing sound! Oh, and go Jimmy Johnson :)

i just hope that the taladega series is shown on aussie tv this weekend !
i seen on last nights coverage that for about 15minutes the race had to be stopped due to a little black bird playing around up near the fence!
i could not believe how steep the track was from the bottom up to the fence !
could you just not drive through this little bird !
it's not a bald eagle !!:lol::lol:

http://s598.photobucke​t.com …/car%20shows%20​n%20bikes/ (external link)

jrad4real
545 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Apr 24, 2010 19:25 |  #25

I bet its slow as heck. Just kidding that thing looks sick.

7d, Rokinon 8mm, Canon 24-105L (coming soon) 430exII
Jared Levine Photography Flickr (external link)

Holster
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,102 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Oct 2007

Apr 25, 2010 21:52 |  #26

jdando wrote in post #10054109 (external link)
Nice picture. Was that at Car Craft? I have not seen that car before.

yeah its a couple years old now. i found it in a folder and did a quick touch up.

i bet the owner of the corvette would love the comments but my photography doesnt get better from car comments. how does this one work?

WEBSITE (external link)
Flick (external link)r

jdando
Goldmember
1,037 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Apr 25, 2010 22:24 |  #27

It is pretty much a "snapshot" of an interesting car. It is darn near impossible to get good pictures at Car Craft or Back to the 50's. Too many people, too many distracting background, inconsistent lighting, etc. I pretty much only shoot details or panning shots. I have seen some great shots from shows at the fair grounds, but they are the exception rather than the rule.

Jeremy
Chimping away in MN

Holster
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,102 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Oct 2007

Apr 26, 2010 02:14 |  #28

jdando wrote in post #10065286 (external link)
It is pretty much a "snapshot" of an interesting car. It is darn near impossible to get good pictures at Car Craft or Back to the 50's. Too many people, too many distracting background, inconsistent lighting, etc. I pretty much only shoot details or panning shots. I have seen some great shots from shows at the fair grounds, but they are the exception rather than the rule.

ah that being true there are other things that play into presenting a carshow snapshot well. exposure, contrast, saturatioin and so on. i know what your saying but in this case everything besides composition and some lighting details are out of control. limitations can lead to exrtodonary photography. it just takes courage and patience to come up with something significant.

"how well have i presented this photo?" should have been my question for critique.

WEBSITE (external link)
Flick (external link)r

4g63
Goldmember
2,266 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Oct 2009

Apr 26, 2010 15:09 |  #29

those tires are huge!

flickr (external link)

Mark1
Cream of the Crop
6,725 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 26, 2010 18:11 |  #30

Jon Foster wrote in post #10056930 (external link)
Those tires a bit over inflated too.

Jon.

Depends on how it is being driven. You want them about 15-20 PSI for street driving. Then drop them to about 5-7 for track duty. If they are "under inflated" on the street the week sidewall wears out in only a few thousand miles.

www.darkslisemag.com (external link)

sponsored links

3,304 views & 0 likes for this thread
BIG tires!!! corvette
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.