Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
Thread started 17 May 2009 (Sunday) 14:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

red tint in G7 images

Mark ­ Johnson
Hatchling
1 post
Joined May 2009

May 17, 2009 14:26 |  #1

I have a two-year old PowerShort G7. Somewhat randomly, some of my images have exaggerated red tones. Instead of 'sepia,' my images have a 'pink' emphasis to them. But then, some images appear natural and completely unaffected. Any clues what might be going wrong?

sponsored links
tpieples
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 27, 2010 07:04 |  #2

I had a G9, a G10, and now a G11...all with the same problem. I am very frustrated with this and am ready to switch back to Sony because I cannot find a solution. I use the AUTO and the P Modes almost exclusively, so it can't be operator error. I even sent my G10 back to Canon...they did something to it, but it did nothing. One or every five photos come out with a pastel tint to flesh tones...with and without the flash...and even in the brightness of daylight. I am going to post a new thread and ask others...so stay tuned!

Leonard ­ Wong
206 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Apr 27, 2010 08:38 |  #3

tpieples, could you post a few examples? This is a rather old thread, so the OP may not respond as this was his first and only posting on this forum.

40D | 10-22 | 17-55 | 30 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 85 1.8 | 70-200 F4 IS | 2x580EXII | YN CTR-301P | Lowepro Slingshot 200 | Kata R-103 | Manfrotto Monopod 679B
HV20 | WD-H43 | DM-20 | Manfrotto 390RC2
G12 | D10

tpieples
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 27, 2010 12:58 as a reply to  @ Leonard Wong's post |  #4

Here are a couple of shots taken just this past weekend.
The details on my G11 are showing:
#1: AUTO; 1/60; ISO 500; F4.0; +/- 1/3; AWB; iContrast
#2: AUTO; 1/15; ISO 800; F2.8; +/- 0; AWB
I would appreciate whatever you can see I am doing wrong.
Thank you very much for your willingness to help!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

xhack
Goldmember
1,283 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Apr 27, 2010 16:24 |  #5

On the basis of the images posted, I'd suggest the obvious - the temperature of a relatively feeble flash competing with overall tungsten lighting (fairly accurate rendition in the foreground, warming up as distance increases). And AWB making the best of a bad job.

ETA - Mt son's G7 and my G10 are both crazily 'warm' using AWB in tungsten light. Custom WB helps in these circumstances. Somewhat.

~ Wallace
Gear List

Mr. ­ Brightside
317 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 28, 2010 00:01 |  #6

I'd agree with xhack, my G9 does the same indoor or under some difficult lighting conditions. Not in daylight though.

It may be worth capturing raw and adjusting temp in camera raw if that is available to you, just to prove it to yourself, you should see the skin tones return to near normal as you move the slider.

Manually setting WB in camera should help as xhack suggested.

It's likely just the evils of artificial light.

I guess now I've turned to Sony I am an Alpha-Male. Did have a blast with Canon though : )

sponsored links

3,938 views & 0 likes for this thread
red tint in G7 images
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.