Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions 
Thread started 16 Apr 2010 (Friday) 13:13
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Rebel Challenge #33 "Nature In Black & White"

soliwit
545 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 26, 2010 12:20 |  #31

wooooh yah, WAY difficult challenge!!
I was going back and forth the whole week, tried all kinds of stuff, but the one I ended up picking was the one with the most pop indeed.......
Thank you so much Kent for the compliment!
Geeee and now I got to vote and there are actually several that catch my eye.
I love Kent's picture for indeed how sweet your girl looks, she is a natural for sure ;-)a
Cuba's is also great, love the way those clouds are built up, but somehow I feel like there should have been a 'resting point' in the picture where my eyes can settle, does that make sense?
Then the two dandelions, funny thing is I was trying to find something like that, find something in nature that is built out of something repetitive, where it becomes almost something 'mechanical' (again, does that make sense?) so I made several pictures in the same category but just could not find the right one and then you guys make it extra hard by having 2 of those, hahahahaa, I am going to settle though for Purple Puppy, I like the amount of black in the picture, more than I do where it fills the whole picture, weird thing is that when I myself would have made the pic I would probably have made it the way chopper did.........maybe that is why I vote for Purple's, it's different than what I would have done
All compliments to everybody that participated, this one was tough!

[edit] thanks photomom!!!!!!

[Rebel XSI, kit lens, nifty two-fifty]
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Oberlaa
57 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 26, 2010 12:53 as a reply to  @ soliwit's post |  #32

My vote for Greenman, I love the structure of the wood in b&w.
But this round there a many entries which could be a winner...

blsvlo
141 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Apr 26, 2010 13:53 |  #33

Ducklabdad gets my vote:) It was so hard to decide lots of great photos!!

I love my family:)
I use a Canon EOS rebel xs

Purple ­ Puppy
284 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 26, 2010 15:23 |  #34

I vote for jk0662. The bee looks furry!

Thanks soliwit, for voting for me! :D

Canon EOS Rebel XS | Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 VC | Tair 11a (135mm f/2.8, M42, manual) | Cheapo aluminum tripod from dealextreme.

Green ­ Man
682 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Apr 26, 2010 15:37 |  #35

Wow, tough ones this week. I think I have to go with jerryx, something surreal about that picture and I like his abstract approach to the "nature" theme. He and kent reminded me that humans are, after all, still a part of nature...

Both dandellions were dandy and oberlaa's lake reflection is a beautiful picture...

-Chris

TammyC
THREAD ­ STARTER
400 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 26, 2010 16:12 |  #36

Thanks for all the great entries this week everyone! It's very hard to chose this week. After debating for awhile I gotta go with Kent. Even in black and white she still seems to pop from the photo (I'm also a sucker for cute little ones and shes adorable!!). I love it!! Really tough to chose this week everyone, great pics!!! Can't wait for the next challenge!

Tammy Christopher
www.tammychristopher.n​et (external link)
Gear List

A.Christopher
388 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 26, 2010 16:35 |  #37

My pick goes to Green Man- The texture and detail in the wood makes this a really great Black & White photo. Good job to all that entered this week!

Adam Christopher
www.adamchristopher.ne​t (external link)
Gear List

jk0662
84 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 26, 2010 17:35 as a reply to  @ A.Christopher's post |  #38

As always, it was very difficult to pick one out of the many wonderful pictures. Kent that is a great photo of your daughter, I assume she is your daughter, and my wife fell in love with it. The entry I kept going back to was Greenman. As someone else said the wood really comes out from the picture and he is my choice. Great job to everyone.

Canon XS, Canon 18-55, Canon 55-250, Nifty Fifty, Nissin Di622

ckort
Goldmember
1,756 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 26, 2010 20:51 as a reply to  @ post 10068318 |  #39

Wow, there are some great entries this week...hard to pick a favorite. I cast my vote to Kent. This little girl is so adorable and the sharpness of her eyes is just incredible! Also love the shallow DOF, it really makes the subjects pop. Well done sir ;). As always, great job by all.

Chris

Canon EOS Rebel XSi / BG-E5 Grip / EF 17-40L / EF-S 18-55mm IS / EF-S 55-250mm IS /EF 100mm 2.8 / EF 50mm f1.8 II / 430ex II Speedlite / Slik pro 700dx tripod

-|Lee|-
38 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 27, 2010 17:04 |  #40

soliwit takes my vote. I love that lizard! Very nicely done. ckort had an amazing shot too, so he gets an honorable mention from me. It was very tough to choose between the two! Great job everyone.

Funny how most things get better when I kick 'em...

kent ­ andersen
Goldmember
1,071 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 29, 2010 03:12 |  #41

If I haven't counted totaly wrong Greenman goes out as the winner this week... well, there is still some hours left for the voting. So there could be some suprices.

soliwit - 3
Greenman - 4
kent - 2
Jerryx - 1
jk0662- 2
Ducklabad - 1
Purple puppy - 1
cubatahabana - 1

Living in Austria, I am so glad that there is stuff like Gimp out there...
I am a happy giver, so if you find any misspelling in my text, you can keep them... :)
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/41388512@N05/ (external link)

Green ­ Man
682 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Apr 29, 2010 08:45 |  #42

Actually soliwit has 3 votes: Kent, photomom, lee

-Chris

soliwit
545 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 29, 2010 22:24 |  #43

Can I get a ROOOAAAAR for Greenman!!!!! WOOHOOOOOO!
Congrats!!!! BIG time!
Dang this one was HARD I tell you, thanks a lot Tammy, good job on picking this challenge! (btw too bad you did not get a picture in yourself!)
I really had to dig deep, I used to make b-w pictures all the time back in the analog days and I made so many this time and none of them seemed to come out right, pfeww, I am flattered that I still managed to get 3 votes, thanks for that kent, photomom and lee!!!!!
It is exactly what has been mentioned several times, how to get that POP in your picture, not make it look flat and boring, it is so much harder in b-w!!!

[Rebel XSI, kit lens, nifty two-fifty]
flickr (external link)

kent ­ andersen
Goldmember
1,071 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 30, 2010 01:49 |  #44

Congratulation Green Man!!! I am looking forward to see what you give us as challenge for next week.

Living in Austria, I am so glad that there is stuff like Gimp out there...
I am a happy giver, so if you find any misspelling in my text, you can keep them... :)
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/41388512@N05/ (external link)

TammyC
THREAD ­ STARTER
400 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 30, 2010 06:46 |  #45

soliwit wrote in post #10093094 (external link)
Dang this one was HARD I tell you, thanks a lot Tammy, good job on picking this challenge! (btw too bad you did not get a picture in yourself!)

I'm glad you enjoyed this one Soliwit!! A little late for this question but was I able to enter the challenge since I started it?

Congrats GreenMan!! And great Job everyone! I'm glad everyone seemed to enjoy this one!! Looking forward to the next one and hopefully I can enter! I had to send my camera and lenses in to be calibrated so I'm on pins and needles to get it back! Congrats again GreenMan!!

Tammy Christopher
www.tammychristopher.n​et (external link)
Gear List

sponsored links

6,871 views & 0 likes for this thread
Rebel Challenge #33 "Nature In Black & White"
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.