Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 23 Apr 2010 (Friday) 02:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What got you into photography?

promocop
223 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 28, 2010 23:49 as a reply to  @ post 10086736 |  #61

My uncle Frank had a darkroom. loved the smell of the chemicals and the dark, cold, smelly air..and the naked pictures of all the africanwoman in NATGEO...

sponsored links
kinghong1970
Goldmember
2,093 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Apr 28, 2010 23:59 |  #62

10+ years of traveling and staying on SPG (Starwood Preferred Guest) partner hotels (Westin, Sheraton, W...) and so i had roughly 400,000 hotel points... i used 100K on upgrades, the rest on Amazon.com gift certificates... and i splurged...

Albert the Clumsy Ape
GEAR | FEEDBACK | REVIEW | KING OF GREENE STREET (external link) | FS: Gitzo GT1550T, Photoclam PC30N

wibubba
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 29, 2010 00:32 |  #63

All the cute high school girls who wouldn't look at me sideways, but always posed when I had my old Yashica film camera. That's when I figured some stuff out!

asty80
586 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Apr 29, 2010 10:30 |  #64

My work related move from NY to Delaware and the resultant tons of spare time...

Canon 5D Mark iii, Canon 40D
24-105mm f/4 L IS, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.8, 100-400L, 100mm macro, 430ex ii, SLIK 700DX tripod
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/shyamyag (external link)
:)

E3_Photo_Studio
362 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Apr 29, 2010 17:26 |  #65

Not really sure exactly....I just remember begin a little kid and loving to look at photographs....studyin​g them, their details, colors, etc. I remember looking at an Ansel Adams photograph once and feeling like I was there in the moment there was just so much detail and depth to it. It just made me want to know more about that place, and isn't that what a great photograph is supposed to do? Provoke emotion and thoughts.....

So, then I just started snapping away....and got talked into doing pictures for our local county paper (yes I said county, I'm from a very small rural town) I loved it!! Getting the action of the girls spiking the V-ball, or the boys running in the winning touch down....it was a total rush and it made me want to learn more and do more with photography.

Erika
http://www.e3photograp​hystudio.com/ (external link)Website (external link) | Facebook (external link)

deloreangirl
110 posts
Joined Apr 2010

May 01, 2010 22:19 |  #66

I was into it in high school. Then I was a photographer at Universal Studios Hollywood for a few years out of high school (2002-2004).

Then....I got hooked here:
www.kellehampton.com (external link)

And it started it all. Sitting with my Canon right now because of Kelle.

;) Emily
Rebel T2i | EFS 18-55mm | EF 50mm 1.8 II | EF-S 55-250mm | EF 35mm 2.0

sk82712
227 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Feb 2006

May 02, 2010 14:33 |  #67

I remember back when i was young (i'm 23 now sorry older people), i was sitting in my "tree fort" with an old point and shoot kodak waiting for some birds to come to our back yard feeder. it must have been hours. I honestly don't know what happened to the shots, but it got me hooked on the visual arts.

During high school, i was very much into the video side of the house. I then went to film school for two years in philly...I got bored, dropped out, and joined the army. Once I got through EOD school, i was stationed in Germany. I figured it was a once in a lifetime sort of thing to be over here in europe, so i bought an XTI with a kit lens and never looked back. (oh yeah, a 100% disposable income helps too)

I love seeing how much i've progressed in the past few years. looking back at shots i thought were awesome from when i first started, only to see how wrong they were. haha

And i still have A LOT to learn.

-Adam

A7R3
instagram.com/heller.p​hoto (external link)

SnapShot621
223 posts
Joined May 2009

May 03, 2010 12:14 as a reply to  @ post 10055118 |  #68

My dogs!
They are all so photogenic and such hams for the camera!
I have now upgraded to a Canon SX10 IS but have yet to leave the AUTO MODE after 7 years now of being stuck in it!
I am hooked on all kinds of photography. I know I eventually need to leave the AUTO MODE behind. Scary!

Canon A630, Canon SX10 IS

Faenevaeh
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined May 2010

May 03, 2010 17:35 |  #69

I wanted a hobby, and enjoyed photography before but never had an amazing camera to take pictures with. Then started getting into the photoshop ideas. (That's where I really want my photo's to evolve.

sponsored links

6,564 views & 0 likes for this thread
What got you into photography?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.