Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 25 Apr 2010 (Sunday) 15:12
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

[REVIEW] ThinkTank Streetwalker (lots of pics)

FLiPMaRC
967 posts
Joined May 2006

Apr 29, 2010 08:43 |  #16

deadpass wrote in post #10063315 (external link)
Good write up! you should review more bags, haha.

+1 :cool: One of the most in depth reviews I've seen. Thank you for your review. :)

Gear List

sponsored links
vmdc
302 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 02, 2010 15:46 as a reply to  @ FLiPMaRC's post |  #17

Awesome review Al!

Have you flown with this bag yet? Are you able to put it under the seat in front of you? I really hate to put my gear in the overhead and watching people trying to stuff their bag in there, shuffling crap around! I've seen a couple broken laptop LCD's come back from our engineers at work because of this.

~Matt
Facebook Fan Page (external link)|MDC Imagery (external link)

7D | Tokina 11-16 ƒ/2.8 | Sigma 17-50 ƒ/2.8 EX DC OS | EF 24-70 ƒ/2.8L | EF 70-200 ƒ/2.8L IS | 580EX II | PowerShot S90

kinghong1970
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,093 posts
Joined Jun 2009

May 02, 2010 15:59 |  #18

vmdc wrote in post #10107957 (external link)
Awesome review Al!

Have you flown with this bag yet? Are you able to put it under the seat in front of you? I really hate to put my gear in the overhead and watching people trying to stuff their bag in there, shuffling crap around! I've seen a couple broken laptop LCD's come back from our engineers at work because of this.

my next trip is coming up in a week... i have not flown with it yet... nor do i plan to.

reason is that for my trips, i need a way of taking my 17" lappy and my camera gear... so i'll have to reconsider a think tank rolling bag or something...

this is for my daily excursions with the family or by myself in the city...

and it will fit in the compartment in front of you (you're not supposed to put it under you because that's for folks behind you...) but i rather stretch out and i hate to see the person next to me put his foot on top of my bag...

but yes, it will fit.

Matt, if you're looking at this bag, it's a fine bag... but if you're taller than 5'6" then load it up and test it.

like i said in PM's an empty bag will ride high on your bag and the shoulder strap length will not matter... but loaded bag will put this where it will sit IRL and that is something to consider in a backpack.

Albert the Clumsy Ape
GEAR | FEEDBACK | REVIEW | KING OF GREENE STREET (external link) | FS: Gitzo GT1550T, Photoclam PC30N

vmdc
302 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 02, 2010 16:10 as a reply to  @ kinghong1970's post |  #19

Thanks Al. I'd rather have it under the seat in front of me, and if the guy next to me puts his foot on my bag, I'll let him know he's in my "zone"!

~Matt
Facebook Fan Page (external link)|MDC Imagery (external link)

7D | Tokina 11-16 ƒ/2.8 | Sigma 17-50 ƒ/2.8 EX DC OS | EF 24-70 ƒ/2.8L | EF 70-200 ƒ/2.8L IS | 580EX II | PowerShot S90

kinghong1970
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,093 posts
Joined Jun 2009

May 02, 2010 16:12 |  #20

vmdc wrote in post #10108083 (external link)
Thanks Al. I'd rather have it under the seat in front of me, and if the guy next to me puts his foot on my bag, I'll let him know he's in my "zone"!

hahaha... i've had those moments...

btw, i edited the score of the bag... i was a bit too harsh...

Construction: 9/10
Material Fabrication: 8/10 (yes the webbing bothers me that much)
Ergonomics/Utility: 8/10 (may not be comfortable for taller folks)

Overall: 8.33/10

i've thought it over and decided to be a bit more neutral and fair...
and also, i've seen the next bag i'm about to review... and this one shines in comparison to that...

Albert the Clumsy Ape
GEAR | FEEDBACK | REVIEW | KING OF GREENE STREET (external link) | FS: Gitzo GT1550T, Photoclam PC30N

berniesiao
115 posts
Joined Jun 2006

May 03, 2010 19:57 |  #21

Great review...I like your take on this bag...much different from the norm. I have this bag as well....I specifically chose this bag for the size. Not too big and not too small, but just right. Also, I'm a TT fanboi. :)

5DII | 24-70/2.8 | 35/1.4 | 17-40/4 | 85/1.2

Travelller
138 posts
Joined Apr 2010

May 04, 2010 06:44 |  #22

Travelller wrote in post #10087365 (external link)
...I read that you will review the Kata 3N1-xx in the near-future...

kinghong1970 wrote in post #10088100 (external link)
i will have a Kata 3n1 30 coming in soon...

I just bought the 3N1 33... I just couldn't wait... :oops: lol!

Unfortunately I'm not a textile expert but I hope your review will be favorable... after all, I just dropped €180 for this puppy... :|

Traveller
my photo gear (external link)

EcoRick
Goldmember
1,863 posts
Joined Nov 2006

May 04, 2010 07:07 as a reply to  @ Travelller's post |  #23

Great review! I purchased this bag primarily due its low profile size, weight and construction. Your review would have been great to know prior to my decision. Hopefully you can do a few more!

Gear: Canon 1Ds MkII, 35L, 85L, 135L, 24-105L

kinghong1970
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,093 posts
Joined Jun 2009

May 04, 2010 10:13 |  #24

Travelller wrote in post #10117936 (external link)
I just bought the 3N1 33... I just couldn't wait... :oops: lol!

Unfortunately I'm not a textile expert but I hope your review will be favorable... after all, I just dropped €180 for this puppy... :|

Travelller, i'm sure it's a great bag... when i quickly saw what it in my local camera shop, i thought the materials was a bit soft and light...

there's a tradeoff in this... it's light weight and also the structure of the bag can be softer... kinda like a hard traveling case vs a soft duffel bag or a semi-hard travel case... when i get my Kata, i will try to measure the weight... i'm not sure where i placed my scale but... one thing... i LOVE the color pop... hahaha...

berniesiao wrote in post #10115511 (external link)
Great review...I like your take on this bag...much different from the norm. I have this bag as well....I specifically chose this bag for the size. Not too big and not too small, but just right. Also, I'm a TT fanboi. :)

thank you very much... it's my new daily family excursion bag... and it does it's job fine... i know i can stuff this bag with all my lenses but for my use, i'll take this bag, 70-200 (if zoo and/or required) and 2 other lenses, one on body... the rest of space serves for my family duty... lol...

EcoRick wrote in post #10118005 (external link)
Great review! I purchased this bag primarily due its low profile size, weight and construction. Your review would have been great to know prior to my decision. Hopefully you can do a few more!

hope so too... i enjoyed doing reviews and i'm glad it is of some use to my fellow peers at PoTN!

maybe i can talk to my local camera shop and ask to "borrow" bags for reviews... hahaha...

Albert the Clumsy Ape

Sauchterlonie
466 posts
Joined Jan 2009

May 04, 2010 14:11 |  #25

This is a great review mate and I have to agree with everything you've said, its just a fanfastic bag!

I have a little review that I've just posted on my blog if people fancy a generalised opinion of the bag. I haven't gone into anything as deep or thorough as the great review here by KingHong.

Simon

Church Green Studios Website (external link)
Church Green Studios 500px (external link)
Church Green Studios Blog (external link)
My Flickr (external link)

kinghong1970
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,093 posts
Joined Jun 2009

May 04, 2010 14:17 |  #26

Sauchterlonie wrote in post #10120486 (external link)
This is a great review mate and I have to agree with everything you've said, its just a fanfastic bag!

I have a little review that I've just posted on my blog if people fancy a generalised opinion of the bag. I haven't gone into anything as deep or thorough as the great review here by KingHong.

Simon

Thanks Simon and also thanks on that review of the Streetwalker Hard Drive... (yes, quite a mouthfull... who comes up with these long names...)

i'm still in the search for my "travel" bag... but i'm a bit tricky...

i need a bag to carry on in the airplanes with my 17" lappy and 7D + 3~4 lenses and perhaps even a compact tripod inside... then when at destination, i need to carry most BUT the laptop.

i was considering the TT rolling bag line... then i'll still need a flat bag for my daily walks...

anywhoo, i'm still in the search for a good bag... will go take a looksee at the TT SW HD...

Albert the Clumsy Ape

Sauchterlonie
466 posts
Joined Jan 2009

May 04, 2010 14:29 |  #27

The HD is a great bag and it well may fit all your kit in, even your tripod depending on size, I think you'll just have to be clever about your packing! Tripod down the centre with the camera body and lenses on either side, laptop in the back.

Simon

kinghong1970
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,093 posts
Joined Jun 2009

May 04, 2010 14:32 |  #28

yea, but i've jsut read tat the HD is for 15"... damn me and my big screens... lol?

Albert the Clumsy Ape

Sauchterlonie
466 posts
Joined Jan 2009

May 04, 2010 14:36 |  #29

I'm sure I read somewhere that it will get a 17" MacBook Pro in....take yours along to you local shop and have a shot...thats what I did with my kit. LOL, just stripped out the bag and tried the bag with my kit in!

Simon

Travelller
138 posts
Joined Apr 2010

May 05, 2010 05:33 |  #30

kinghong1970 wrote in post #10120528 (external link)
Thanks Simon and also thanks on that review of the Streetwalker Hard Drive ... i'm still in the search for my "travel" bag... i need a bag to carry on in the airplanes with my 17" lappy and 7D + 3~4 lenses and perhaps even a compact tripod inside...

1. Ditto for Simon's review :cool:
2. Funny, I was also looking for the same thing*, only I don't need room for a 17", just a 13" (+sleeve, which amounts to a small 15"). That's why I opted for the 3N1-33, but I have to say that I am rather dissapointed with it. At that size, it's no longer a 3N1 it's a 1N1 and it will certainly not be the best "classic" backpack out there... :confused: I could go on but seeing as this is a TT review, I kind of feel like I am threadjacking (sorry)... maybe you won't mind if I add my 2cents to your future 3N1 review - I'm not "seasoned" enough to write my own review ;)

*Just checked Delta's carry-on limits (seeing as they are now one bigbadass carrier...) their limit (external link) is 56x36x23 (22"x14"x9") which implies that at 46x32x24, my 3IN1-33 just makes it. Keep in mind that this is for a standard-sized plane (100 seats+); if you're taking a "hopper" (<80 seats) they will most likely force you to turn it over just before boarding the plane... :shock:

*EDIT* I ended up posting my thoughts here for the time being...

Traveller
my photo gear (external link)

sponsored links

21,739 views & 0 likes for this thread
[REVIEW] ThinkTank Streetwalker (lots of pics)
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.