Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 30 Sep 2009 (Wednesday) 22:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

F-Stop Tilopa Review

keitaro
605 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Apr 20, 2010 21:17 |  #76

Fstop-Ian wrote in post #10033948 (external link)
hey guys,

A Medium fits a mounted 70-200 L vertically. The width is the same,

A Small fits a Pro body/ 70-200L and 16-35L (or similar) broken down, it is 20cm vertical same width, there is some left over room for smaller items... cables etc. Ideally the top row has the tele and the wide and body on the lower. All arranged by dividers... so you can change that according to your needs.

They sound pretty much the same size, but its hard to visualize. I can't wait for some photos to see.

Also for the ICU, the straps on the side, they are supposed to go through the rings on the inside of the pack along the frame? Does that help the pack in anyway, or is it just to hold it in place better?

Also neat spot for the rain cover :)

My flickr (external link)
My Gear

sponsored links
sheawyatt
Goldmember
1,406 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Apr 20, 2010 21:40 |  #77

Fstop-Ian wrote in post #10033948 (external link)
hey guys,

A Medium fits a mounted 70-200 L vertically. The width is the same,

A Small fits a Pro body/ 70-200L and 16-35L (or similar) broken down, it is 20cm vertical same width, there is some left over room for smaller items... cables etc. Ideally the top row has the tele and the wide and body on the lower. All arranged by dividers... so you can change that according to your needs.

Is that 70-200 with or without the hood mounted? I'm interested to know if the medium would fit a 1D with 400 f/5.6, which is a few cm longer than the 70-200 without hood.

I'll probably get the large ICU anyway, but getting the medium for when I want to pack more "other stuff" would be great, IF it can handle the 400 5.6 mounted.

X-T3 | 10-24 f/4 | 18-55 f/2.8-4 | 16 f/1.4 | 80 f/2.8 Macro | 55-200 f/3.5-4.8 | 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 | 1.4x TC |
Marketplace Feedback: Link
www.sheawyatt.ca (external link)

Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Apr 20, 2010 23:53 |  #78

Hi sorry, I should have mention about the hood. Yes both are sized to fit with hood on (reversed).

As for the ICU tabs yes they attached to keep it in place. Although generally are not needed with the Large and XL.

Size wise, yes the are similar. But it could be said the XL and L are similar as well. :)

I designed the small to be as compact as possible but still able to hold the bread and better pro glass (wide and tele zoom) and body.

The Medium will take that and more. It will also allow for mounted body/lens access and storage. Which a lot of us like.

I should have some medium pics to share in the next week.

If you have support related questions regarding F-Stop Gear, please email an@fstopgear.com (external link) or visit www.fstopgear.com (external link)

keitaro
605 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Apr 21, 2010 00:07 |  #79

Fstop-Ian wrote in post #10035069 (external link)
Hi sorry, I should have mention about the hood. Yes both are sized to fit with hood on (reversed).

As for the ICU tabs yes they attached to keep it in place. Although generally are not needed with the Large and XL.

Size wise, yes the are similar. But it could be said the XL and L are similar as well. :)

I designed the small to be as compact as possible but still able to hold the bread and better pro glass (wide and tele zoom) and body.

The Medium will take that and more. It will also allow for mounted body/lens access and storage. Which a lot of us like.

I should have some medium pics to share in the next week.

sweet, looking forward to the pics!

My Gear

keitaro
605 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Apr 21, 2010 23:30 |  #80

Does anyone know what the bungee strap that is in the mesh pocket area for? It just seems to be a loop and a cord lock.

My Gear

Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Apr 22, 2010 00:04 |  #81

We put those there so you can lock your keys or other important items to the bag. Nothing worse than loosing your car keys after a big day out....

If you have support related questions regarding F-Stop Gear, please email an@fstopgear.com (external link) or visit www.fstopgear.com (external link)

keitaro
605 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Apr 22, 2010 00:14 |  #82

Hrm... interesting thanks!

My Gear

blackzzz
282 posts
Joined Feb 2008

May 03, 2010 23:55 |  #83

Placed my order this afternoon for a Tilopa in foliage/green. Looking forward to getting it and hoping I like the color. First time I've had a bag other than black!

Canon 7D * Canon 7D Mark II * Canon 50D * Canon 40D * Canon 20D * Canon S95 * EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM * EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM * EF 100-400L f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM

YseanY
160 posts
Joined Oct 2009

May 04, 2010 17:33 |  #84

does anyone have any pictures showing an accurate color of the foilage green? the pictures i've seen looks like it is somewhat of a grey color with a hint of army green, is this correct?

also, with th ICU in, can one fit 1 or 2 change of clothes for overnight trips?

jklewer
Goldmember
1,292 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 04, 2010 20:07 |  #85

YseanY wrote in post #10121702 (external link)
does anyone have any pictures showing an accurate color of the foilage green? the pictures i've seen looks like it is somewhat of a grey color with a hint of army green, is this correct?

also, with th ICU in, can one fit 1 or 2 change of clothes for overnight trips?

Barely. However, I just took mine to Haiti for two weeks, left the ICU at home since it is a huge waste of space, packed all my clothes and food in there and had room for my entire kit packed into my Domke f-3x to slide into the top of the pack. That worked. For some reason, the ICU (mine is Large) is just so awkwardly shaped to me. I can fit my whole kit into that Domke and it takes up so much less space and is still adequately padded in my opinion.

Gear

azncarbos
513 posts
Joined Sep 2008

May 04, 2010 20:09 |  #86

I just got my bag today and there is good amount of space there on top of the ICU probably pair of hiking pants, shirt and windbreaker.

Peter Pham
P.Pham Photography
http://www.pphamphotog​raphy.com (external link)
Instagram
https://www.instagram.​com/outdoorpete/ (external link)

YseanY
160 posts
Joined Oct 2009

May 05, 2010 00:18 |  #87

would the medium ICU fit a 5D classic (no grip), 24-70mm, 17-40mm, and 35L (with one mounted) or any combination of the two?

azncarbos
513 posts
Joined Sep 2008

May 05, 2010 00:26 |  #88

I sure it can... because the large fit my XT grip & 30D grip with Tamron 28-70mm, Tokina 12-24mm, Sigma 70-200, Canon 100mm, and Canon 17-40mm with still space to fit more...

Peter Pham
P.Pham Photography
http://www.pphamphotog​raphy.com (external link)
Instagram
https://www.instagram.​com/outdoorpete/ (external link)

YseanY
160 posts
Joined Oct 2009

May 05, 2010 03:02 |  #89

azncarbos wrote in post #10123877 (external link)
I sure it can... because the large fit my XT grip & 30D grip with Tamron 28-70mm, Tokina 12-24mm, Sigma 70-200, Canon 100mm, and Canon 17-40mm with still space to fit more...

thanks! might order a medium ICU with the bag then!

SkullE
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined May 2009

May 07, 2010 22:07 as a reply to  @ YseanY's post |  #90

just ordered one in black. thank you all for the recommendation.

sponsored links

39,003 views & 0 likes for this thread
F-Stop Tilopa Review
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.