Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 19 Apr 2010 (Monday) 20:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Bag decision

lannes
Goldmember
4,370 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Apr 27, 2010 20:24 as a reply to  @ post 10078767 |  #16

Both of these bags are great, except for one issue, there is no protection or padding built into the top flap. I had a friend who snagged his 7mdh on a outcrop and it fell to the ground on it's head, the lcd screen on his body got damaged by the impact. He now places a padded divider in the top zip section under the flap, but this takes away storage space.

1Dx, 1DM4, 5DM2, 7D, EOS-M, 8-15L, 17-40L, 24 TSE II, 24-105L, 50L, 85L II, 100L, 135L, 200L f/2.8, 300L f/4, 70-200L II, 70-300L, 400Lf/5.6

sponsored links
Sauchterlonie
466 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 28, 2010 08:55 |  #17

I've just bought bought my first ThinkTank, Streetwalker HardDrive, and its sweet!!

Simon

Church Green Studios Website (external link)
Church Green Studios 500px (external link)
Church Green Studios Blog (external link)
My Flickr (external link)

Sauchterlonie
466 posts
Joined Jan 2009

May 04, 2010 13:09 |  #18

Just put a quick review of this great bag up on my blog it people are interested?

S

wizard13
Goldmember
1,169 posts
Joined Apr 2006

May 04, 2010 16:41 |  #19

For what it is worth I am waiting on the Think Tank Retrospective 20. The internal dimensions will allow for a gripped camera with a 70-200 2.8 attached where the 7MDH will not as far as I know.
According the Think Tank the bag is supposed to reach the US the first week of May since the original shipment was delayed from the manufacturer. So hopefully any day now!!!

Photography = a constant learning process
Website (external link) || Facebook (external link) || Gear/Feedback

TheArchitect
326 posts
Joined May 2009

May 04, 2010 17:00 |  #20

wizard13 wrote in post #10121417 (external link)
For what it is worth I am waiting on the Think Tank Retrospective 20. The internal dimensions will allow for a gripped camera with a 70-200 2.8 attached where the 7MDH will not as far as I know.
According the Think Tank the bag is supposed to reach the US the first week of May since the original shipment was delayed from the manufacturer. So hopefully any day now!!!

I've been waiting for the Retrospective 20 as well. It looks like the perfect bag for me. The only question I have is padding. It doesn't look like there's much of it. I don't want a big puffy bag but I do want some padding.

kinghong1970
Goldmember
2,093 posts
Joined Jun 2009

May 04, 2010 17:22 |  #21

wait till both can be held on your hands in a shop and decide...

from what i've had, (Crumpler ?MDH vs Thinktank Streetwalker) the TT SW will have more utility within the bags... crumpler has this image they maintain by using the same materials and strap and minimal utility as for pockets and whatnot... cool bags, not knocking it at all.. i like my funky black and neon green bag... my gear just outgrew it...

tt got pockets whenever you open any zipper.... but then i've not seen the Retro line...

again, decide when you see it... and take your gear and load it up...

loaded bag feel =/= empty bag, especially back packs...

Albert the Clumsy Ape
GEAR | FEEDBACK | REVIEW | KING OF GREENE STREET (external link) | FS: Gitzo GT1550T, Photoclam PC30N

Sauchterlonie
466 posts
Joined Jan 2009

May 05, 2010 02:35 |  #22

I have to agree with KingHong here guys and was the point I tried to put across in my little review of the Think Tank on my blog. Always try and take your kit along to a shop and try out the bags you're interested in! I went looking for two bags which I had read great reviews about on the internet, but when I got there they just didn't suit me and I ended up coming away with something completely different!

Simon

wizard13
Goldmember
1,169 posts
Joined Apr 2006

May 06, 2010 16:36 |  #23

Just found out from Think Tank that the Retrospective series should be shipping on Friday, May 14th. Got caught in customs for a bit. So finally they are state side and heading to retailers.

Photography = a constant learning process
Website (external link) || Facebook (external link) || Gear/Feedback

DarenM
670 posts
Joined Feb 2009

May 06, 2010 18:45 |  #24

Sauchterlonie wrote in post #10081587 (external link)
I've just bought bought my first ThinkTank, Streetwalker HardDrive, and its sweet!!

Simon

I also just received my ThinkTank Streetwalker harddrive, love it!

Canon 1D MK IV, Canon 1D MK III, Canon 5D, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8 L IS MK II, 17-40 F4 Canon, 430 EX, Canon A2E, 530EX Canon 1.4 Extender, 580 II, 600EX-RT, ST-E3-RT, (Way too much stuff for an amateur)

xMClass
Goldmember
2,203 posts
Joined Jun 2008

May 06, 2010 20:15 |  #25

wizard13 wrote in post #10134385 (external link)
Just found out from Think Tank that the Retrospective series should be shipping on Friday, May 14th. Got caught in customs for a bit. So finally they are state side and heading to retailers.

Fantastic news.

-Mikey

Sauchterlonie
466 posts
Joined Jan 2009

May 07, 2010 05:16 |  #26

DarenM: Good to hear you love your ThinkTank, mate, they are great bags! I just love the fact that you can attach your tripod two different ways!

Simon

sponsored links

3,372 views & 0 likes for this thread
Bag decision
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.