Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 24 Mar 2010 (Wednesday) 12:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

CS4 Image Processor - Won't close image?

taygull
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Jan 2006

May 10, 2010 10:13 |  #16

Just an FYI...

The same thing is happening is CS5...dang it!

www.chrisfritchiestudi​os.com (external link)
McKinney, TX

sponsored links
drisley
"What a Tool I am"
8,883 posts
Joined Nov 2002

Mar 24, 2011 13:16 |  #17

I just came across this trying to run FlexNR action (a rather complex action) on my images, they run and save fine, but Photoshop CS4 wont close the files when it's done with them.

EOS R - 50/1.8 STM - Sigma 35/1.4 Art - Sigma 85/1.4 Art - Sigma 14-24/2.8 Art - 70-200/2.8L Mark II - Godox Xpro-C - Godox TT685C x2

René ­ Damkot
Cream of the Crop
39,856 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 24, 2011 13:27 |  #18

Hmm. I'd forgotten about this one ;)
What exactly do you mean by "won't close"? Does Alt+Ctrl+W work?

There's a script here (external link) to force close all open documents.

Google found this: http://www.dtg-forums.com/forum/showt​hread.php?t=3623 (external link) No idea if it's correct. (Since I had an up to date version when I encountered it, yet no Open GL supporting graphics card)

"I think the idea of art kills creativity" - Douglas Adams
Why Color Management.
Color Problems? Click here.
MySpace (external link)
Get Colormanaged (external link)
Twitter (external link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

drisley
"What a Tool I am"
8,883 posts
Joined Nov 2002

Mar 24, 2011 13:51 |  #19

Well, using Image Processor and Bridge, I select my files to run FlexNR, Photoshop runs the action to get my image squeaky clean, then saves it as JPG as specified, but doesn't close the image before moving on to the next image in the batch. So then that one stays open after the action is run and it is saved as a JPG, and so on and so on.

So, if you are batching 400 images, you will soon have 400 images open in Photoshop and it chugs to a hault! Actually, it eventually gives an error message saying after a certain number of images (PS only allows so many open at once).

I can't say, make another action that points to FlexNR, then closes the image, because that would mean the image was closed before Image Processor got to save it (so nothing is saved).

Thanks for the info Rene, I will go have a look.

EOS R - 50/1.8 STM - Sigma 35/1.4 Art - Sigma 85/1.4 Art - Sigma 14-24/2.8 Art - 70-200/2.8L Mark II - Godox Xpro-C - Godox TT685C x2

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 24, 2011 18:18 |  #20

So are you saying this only happens with FlexNR and not with other actions? Could it be an issue with the FlexNR action itself?

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

drisley
"What a Tool I am"
8,883 posts
Joined Nov 2002

Mar 25, 2011 17:09 |  #21

Well, it appears when reading this thread that this "bug" occurs with any complicated, long action. We aren't sure exactly what it is in certain actions that cause this, but it seems like it still appears even in CS5.

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 26, 2011 06:02 |  #22

Hmm, it sounds like something that should be entered in to the Adobe "bug reports" forum?

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

drisley
"What a Tool I am"
8,883 posts
Joined Nov 2002

Mar 27, 2011 15:10 |  #23

Yeah, I don't know how it made it from CS4 to CS5

taob
Mostly Lurking
10 posts
Joined Mar 2003

Apr 30, 2011 12:31 |  #24

drisley wrote in post #12092775 (external link)
Well, it appears when reading this thread that this "bug" occurs with any complicated, long action.

Yep, that's the clue. Increase the number of history states to exceed the number of steps in the action (included nested actions), and the problem should go away.

aspka
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Nov 2011

Nov 14, 2011 17:58 |  #25

taob wrote in post #12322454 (external link)
Yep, that's the clue. Increase the number of history states to exceed the number of steps in the action (included nested actions), and the problem should go away.

I've been having the same trouble. The steps of the action itself is NOT the issue, as I've successfully been able to use very complicated actions using Image Processor. I usually find the "won't close the images" problem just after reformatting my computer and reinstalling Photoshop, and later somehow manage to fluke it working again.

The advice above was the key - not too long after reinstalling Photoshop, I always increase the number of history states from 20 to 80! I just never connected the two ideas.

Now, Image Processor works perfectly and closes every image.

THANK YOU!!

sponsored links

7,443 views & 0 likes for this thread
CS4 Image Processor - Won't close image?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.