Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 28 Apr 2010 (Wednesday) 02:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Anyone else psyched for the TT Retrospective series?!

xMClass
Goldmember
2,203 posts
Joined Jun 2008

May 20, 2010 17:59 |  #76

TheArchitect wrote in post #10216890 (external link)
Any chance we could get a picture of you wearing the R10 messenger style? I've see the R20 like this but like to see the shorter R10.

I will get pictures of that ASAP probably won't be until next week though.

For now, I'll be adding some gear profile pics to this thread:

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=875885

-Mikey

sponsored links
StephenPG
116 posts
Joined Jul 2009

May 20, 2010 19:00 |  #77

I was going to get an R30 but based on what I have been reading it looks like an R20 is in my future. The hight is perfect and I will be able to work out of it like my beloved Domke F2.

Now just to decide on color.

Me!
flickr  (external link)
Twitter (external link)
Stephen Grasso on Krung Stock (external link)

pkphotography
199 posts
Joined May 2009

May 22, 2010 21:01 |  #78

lkorell wrote in post #10214277 (external link)
I ordered mine from Adorama on May 3 and it is now May 19. TT has them but I called Adorama and they did not. Now they are gone for their holiday and won't be back in until Friday. I cancelled my order and just ordered it directly from TT. I'll have it no later than Monday...maybe sooner!

Anyone get it from Adorama yet?

Canon 5D Mark III + BG-E11 | Panasonic GX7 | Sony A7R (on order)
Canon 24-70L II | Canon 70-200L IS II | Canon 35L | Canon 40 STM | Canon 85L II
Panasonic 14-42 | Olympus 17 | Olympus 45 | Olympus 75 | Olympus 40-150
M-Hexanon 50 | Jupiter-8 50 | Nikon 105 AIS
Other Gear

hfgarris
Goldmember
1,760 posts
Joined Feb 2009

May 22, 2010 21:14 |  #79

pkphotography wrote in post #10228673 (external link)
Anyone get it from Adorama yet?

I received another "backorder notification" on Friday May 21 saying they did not have them yet and had no estimate for delivery.

I switched my order to TT direct, although I will now have to pay for shipping. Using the referral link posted earlier will get you a bonus gift bag which sort of compensates for the additional shipping.

https://photography-on-the.net …p?p=10214901&po​stcount=35

-howard

ChristopherMadison
527 posts
Joined Mar 2009

May 22, 2010 22:23 as a reply to  @ hfgarris's post |  #80

ThinkTank direct and upgraded the shipping to Priority, is what I did. Ordered Tues and got it Thursday. Got the Cable Management 20 as a bonus...nice. Love the RP20 in pinestone....Hope ThinkTank made enough because they have a real winner here, otherwise it will be out of stock in no time...

My Gear

Malsam
382 posts
Joined Feb 2010

May 22, 2010 22:42 as a reply to  @ ChristopherMadison's post |  #81

same, got the cable mgt bag....was wondering abt the tag...it costs the most among the 4 choices!

Gear Stuffs

pkphotography
199 posts
Joined May 2009

May 23, 2010 08:40 |  #82

I guess I will have to switch my order to TT. I'm going for the 10 in black. Is the cable management bag better or the tag? I usually don't carry much cables. Hm.

Canon 5D Mark III + BG-E11 | Panasonic GX7 | Sony A7R (on order)
Canon 24-70L II | Canon 70-200L IS II | Canon 35L | Canon 40 STM | Canon 85L II
Panasonic 14-42 | Olympus 17 | Olympus 45 | Olympus 75 | Olympus 40-150
M-Hexanon 50 | Jupiter-8 50 | Nikon 105 AIS
Other Gear

hfgarris
Goldmember
1,760 posts
Joined Feb 2009

May 23, 2010 11:43 |  #83

pkphotography wrote in post #10230489 (external link)
I guess I will have to switch my order to TT. I'm going for the 10 in black. Is the cable management bag better or the tag? I usually don't carry much cables. Hm.

I like the TT cable management bags, I have several. I use them for "support gear" and can travel with them in my camera bag, or in my suitcase if I don't have room.

They are useful for keeping track of the chargers, cables, card readers, etc. which I may not want to carry around all day in my bag. I can remove the non-photo stuff in one piece and leave it in the hotel room or car while I am out shooting. The clear sides make it easy to see what is in the bag without having to open it. Having it all together makes it easy to grab as I pack, and helps with not leaving something in the hotel room when I check out. I also have one packed as a computer support bag with charger, cables, network interface, flash drive, etc.

The pixel rocket cases are also great, but I already had several and could always use another cable bag. I don't know why the ID tag was so expensive, unless it had a recovery service/reward included in the cost.

-howard

Tommydigi
Cream of the Crop
5,652 posts
Gallery: 54 photos
Joined May 2010

May 23, 2010 11:45 |  #84

Yes get the Cable management bag, its really useful. I ordered the 10 in black as well. The 10 is still a pretty large bag so I would not be surprised to see an even smaller version like an R5 in the future.

Website (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Instagram (external link)
Canon EOS R • 5DII • 7DII • G7XII • 35 1.8 RF • 24LII • 50L • 100L • 135L • 40 STM • 16-35L F4 IS • 100-400L II • 600EX II • 270 EX II

hyt
114 posts
Joined Feb 2010

May 23, 2010 14:21 |  #85

Tommydigi wrote in post #10231169 (external link)
Yes get the Cable management bag, its really useful. I ordered the 10 in black as well. The 10 is still a pretty large bag so I would not be surprised to see an even smaller version like an R5 in the future.

I already asked them about this. I even called it a "hypothetical," slimmer R5 for us ungripped SLR and micro 4/3 users. Was told there are no plans for this, and to look into UD 10/20 instead. But those are too Lowepro/boxy-like for me.

I guess that's my problem with Think Tank; they primarily cater to photojournalists who typically carry these ginormous cameras and f/2.8 zooms.

Tommydigi
Cream of the Crop
5,652 posts
Gallery: 54 photos
Joined May 2010

May 23, 2010 20:12 |  #86

Hyt you may want to look into a Domke F-5xc. It has that same design style as the Retro 10 but smaller and lighter. So far its my favorite bag when I go with just a camera and extra lens and flash. I do like the Thinktank UD 20 as well. My R-10 is actually going to be my large bag.

Website (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Instagram (external link)
Canon EOS R • 5DII • 7DII • G7XII • 35 1.8 RF • 24LII • 50L • 100L • 135L • 40 STM • 16-35L F4 IS • 100-400L II • 600EX II • 270 EX II

TheArchitect
330 posts
Joined May 2009

May 23, 2010 20:45 |  #87

Domke has also recently announced a new line of bags (F-831, F-832 and F-833) that might be worth looking at if the Retrospective line isn't what you're looking for.

http://www.tiffen.com …ame=domke&itemn​um=701-01B (external link)

hyt
114 posts
Joined Feb 2010

May 23, 2010 23:27 |  #88

Thanks for the suggestions - I actually ended up ordering another F-803 this afternoon. I've always hated the top stiffening bar in the ones I had before but as usual I'll be taking it to a nearby luggage repair shop to have it surgically removed.

palwin
137 posts
Joined Jan 2005

May 24, 2010 01:05 |  #89

Retrospective is the best looking camera bag I have seen in a long time, just can't decide if it will be 20 or 30. I'm a bit worried the 20 will be too small, like to carry more than just camera stuff like laptop, magazines plus plenty of space for my camera with 3 lenses and flash. But also space to grow as my gear will expand over the next few years.

Here are some video reviews of the bags that may have not been posted before:

Retrospective 20 review:
http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=bLBh0KbodpI (external link)

Retrospective 20 review #2:
http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=vvvinCPYh28 (external link)

Retrospective 30 unboxing and review:
http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=nqjlaE1P1hY (external link)
http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=7f8Ow9CTsjg (external link)

Tobias
Flickr (external link) | Gear

lawrencelatency
Mostly Lurking
10 posts
Joined May 2010

May 24, 2010 02:35 |  #90

the R20 review #2 could probably convince anyone to buy it.

Gear: Canon 400d, "Nifty Fifty", 85mm f1.8.

sponsored links

13,395 views & 0 likes for this thread
Anyone else psyched for the TT Retrospective series?!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.