Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Transportation Talk 
Thread started 25 May 2010 (Tuesday) 00:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Subaru Poster Help

williamsr815
98 posts
Joined Jun 2009

May 25, 2010 00:54 |  #1

I was at a Subaru car meet the other day at the local Subaru Dealer and right after the prizes for the car show were over, they started handing out free showroom posters from the past few months and i was lucky enough to get this beauty:

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i571.photobucke​t.com …ODMtMjAxMDA1MjQ​tMjMyN.jpg (external link)

Its about 2ft x 3ft and framed , not too shabby for free:cool:

Anywho, i have been examining this picture and am having trouble figuring out how they did this image. Here is a copy of the picture i found online, however, the picture is "flipped" and badges corrected.
http://www.google.com …6ndsp%3D20%26tb​s%3Disch:1 (external link)
I cant really see how they could of used a rig because of the angle but please, correct me if im wrong.
I know the people who did this are masters of the photo shop kung foo, but how much editing do you think this shot took?
Thanks for the help guys, ive been staring at it for 3 days trying to figure it out.

There are no bad pictures, just deleted files

Canon 300D, Kit Lens, Nifty Fifty, 75-300 f/4-5.6, Wide Angle Attachment, Promaster 5750, Circular Polarizer, ND8, Apollo Bag
http://myspace.com/boo​stedphotography (external link)

sponsored links
PhotosGuy
Cream of the Crop
75,941 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

May 25, 2010 10:09 |  #2

Here is a copy of the picture i found online,

If you want to show images that you haven't personally shot, or other material, just post a link to it as there are © issues?
IMAGE POSTING RULES

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

williamsr815
THREAD ­ STARTER
98 posts
Joined Jun 2009

May 25, 2010 11:08 as a reply to  @ PhotosGuy's post |  #3

Sorry about that, fixed it.

Canon 300D, Kit Lens, Nifty Fifty, 75-300 f/4-5.6, Wide Angle Attachment, Promaster 5750, Circular Polarizer, ND8, Apollo Bag

Caspita
687 posts
Joined Jan 2008

May 25, 2010 15:25 as a reply to  @ williamsr815's post |  #4

Odds are it was a rig shot, although you never know now a days. When big time car manufacturers shoot their ad campaigns they have access to some of the most unreal rigs I have ever seen. They attach to the bottom of the car, and can extend more meters away than anybody would ever dream of.

Casp
Fine Art Site (external link) | Commercial Site (external link)

williamsr815
THREAD ­ STARTER
98 posts
Joined Jun 2009

May 25, 2010 15:58 |  #5

Thats what i was thinking it just seemed like an odd angle for a rig. Ive seen some of those rigs that are so big it looks like its gonna tip the car over, pretty incredible. Another question, the picture i received, vs the one i found online, they are inverted, if thats the correct term, but the driver is visible in one but not the other and that really threw me off, any ideas?

Caspita
687 posts
Joined Jan 2008

May 25, 2010 21:49 |  #6

williamsr815 wrote in post #10244716 (external link)
Thats what i was thinking it just seemed like an odd angle for a rig. Ive seen some of those rigs that are so big it looks like its gonna tip the car over, pretty incredible. Another question, the picture i received, vs the one i found online, they are inverted, if thats the correct term, but the driver is visible in one but not the other and that really threw me off, any ideas?

Unfortunately I can't see yours too well, but odds are they just cloned the driver out when flipping the photo (if indeed it is the same photo). Can't have a driver on that side of the car for stateside advertising.

And the more I look at the photo you linked the more I realize that it might not necessarily be a rig shot. It wouldn't make sense that the trees so far in the background would have the same amount of motion blur as the trees in the foreground. Even the clouds seem to have a pretty consistent motion blur throughout the frame.

Casp
Fine Art Site (external link) | Commercial Site (external link)

williamsr815
THREAD ­ STARTER
98 posts
Joined Jun 2009

May 26, 2010 12:26 |  #7

Im starting to agree with you, the picture looks almost too perfect,meaning its probably mostly fake...

GVal
235 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 07, 2010 17:47 |  #8

This blog post (external link) may provide some insight into how these are typically done commercially.

AWDTerror
178 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jun 12, 2010 11:17 |  #9

Also since it is a big company....look a software program called virtual rig.
http://www.virtualrig-studio.com/ (external link)

My guess is that it is a virtual rig shot.

Adaptive
don't defend yourself, call modday
1,018 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jun 17, 2010 01:18 |  #10

AWDTerror wrote in post #10348763 (external link)
My guess is that it is a virtual rig shot.

Nailed it on the head! :cool:

sponsored links

3,276 views & 0 likes for this thread
Subaru Poster Help
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Transportation Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.