Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 17 May 2010 (Monday) 22:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

F-Stop Loka - teaser pics for those who are waiting....

jacobsen1
Cream of the Crop
9,629 posts
Joined Jan 2006

May 24, 2010 07:30 as a reply to  @ post 10231632 |  #31

Ian, what's on the side of this tilopa:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

?? ;)

And I can't wait. Move the top zipper opening to the side and it'd be PERFECT, but even as it is, I want one BADLY. :D

My Gear List

my sites:
benjacobsenphoto.com (external link) | newschoolofphotography​.com (external link)
GND buyers FAQ

FOR SALE: 5Dii RRS L-bracket, 430II, 12mm macro tube PM ME!

sponsored links
MBrown9nu
Mostly Lurking
18 posts
Joined Nov 2009

May 25, 2010 18:00 |  #32

Ian,

Can you tell me if I put a small ICU into one of the packs... Loka, Tilopa... how much room is going to be left in the bag? Can i get a tripod INTO the bag? Say a Gitzo 1541T that folds up to 17"? Make it a little bit more covert...

Thanks!

7D ~ 24-105L ~ 11-16 ~ 30 1.4

hfoto
106 posts
Joined Mar 2007

May 26, 2010 01:04 |  #33

just placed my order! now the wait.

Fstop-Ian
THREAD ­ STARTER
329 posts
Joined May 2009

May 26, 2010 01:37 |  #34

yes you could but you would place the small ICU vertical. It is 20cm tall so you would have to flip it 90 degrees. Then put the tripod beside it. So it would not be on top of the ICU.

the bags vertical is about 55cm.

Is this for travel?

MBrown9nu wrote in post #10245326 (external link)
Ian,

Can you tell me if I put a small ICU into one of the packs... Loka, Tilopa... how much room is going to be left in the bag? Can i get a tripod INTO the bag? Say a Gitzo 1541T that folds up to 17"? Make it a little bit more covert...

Thanks!

If you have support related questions regarding F-Stop Gear, please email an@fstopgear.com (external link) or visit www.fstopgear.com (external link)

jacobsen1
Cream of the Crop
9,629 posts
Joined Jan 2006

May 26, 2010 08:05 |  #35

preorder questions....

when do you guys expect it to ship?
how long is the code good for? right up until the day they start shipping?
when do you charge my CC? order date or ship?

My Gear List

my sites:
benjacobsenphoto.com (external link) | newschoolofphotography​.com (external link)
GND buyers FAQ

FOR SALE: 5Dii RRS L-bracket, 430II, 12mm macro tube PM ME!

hfoto
106 posts
Joined Mar 2007

May 26, 2010 14:11 |  #36

jacobsen1 wrote in post #10248408 (external link)
preorder questions....

when do you guys expect it to ship?
how long is the code good for? right up until the day they start shipping?
when do you charge my CC? order date or ship?

The Loka is suppose to available sometime in June.
They charge your card when they ship the backpack.
Hope that helps.

MBrown9nu
Mostly Lurking
18 posts
Joined Nov 2009

May 26, 2010 18:17 |  #37

Yes, I would be looking to travel with the bag as well as boarding, so it would be nice to get one body, a couple lenses, and the tripod into the bag, so that it was a bit more inconspicuous.

Size-wise, I take it I could do this in either the Loka or Tilopa?

Hmm...traveling, I'd like to take a laptop too... are the new Loka colors going to be availble in the Tilopa soon-ish?

Thanks!

Fstop-Ian wrote in post #10247484 (external link)
yes you could but you would place the small ICU vertical. It is 20cm tall so you would have to flip it 90 degrees. Then put the tripod beside it. So it would not be on top of the ICU.

the bags vertical is about 55cm.

Is this for travel?

7D ~ 24-105L ~ 11-16 ~ 30 1.4

Fstop-Ian
THREAD ­ STARTER
329 posts
Joined May 2009

May 27, 2010 03:06 |  #38

MBrowne

Yes you could do it with both bags, although I am not 100% on your Tripod size...

The colors are the same except for the Grey Mist will replace Red. But the new Tilopa will not be available for some time and is also the same size.

I think I mentioned it but Tilopa is built for bigger loads, the Loka can take it but the Tilopa has more to it for support. So if your looking for a bag for more serious use (by that I mean weight and longer days) go with the Tilopa. If you want something a little more agile go with Loka.

Also Ben... the preorder deal is set for expiration on June 1st. Not sure if will be extended... The Pre Order has been on for months and has already gone from $50 - $35... If you want to save I would suggest doing so ASAP. I think I have explained many times how our preorders are a no risk win win situation...

If you have support related questions regarding F-Stop Gear, please email an@fstopgear.com (external link) or visit www.fstopgear.com (external link)

cfnz
105 posts
Joined Apr 2010

May 27, 2010 04:03 |  #39

Fstop-Ian wrote in post #10254092 (external link)
The Pre Order has been on for months and has already gone from $50 - $35... If you want to save I would suggest doing so ASAP. I think I have explained many times how our preorders are a no risk win win situation...

Ok. If I wanted a Loka, a small ICU and a large ICU what is the best way to proceed? Pre-order the Loka now and add the others later?

highv0lt6ge
126 posts
Joined Oct 2008

May 27, 2010 14:02 |  #40

Ian,

Sorry for piling on the questions, but the current Tilopa is not available in the Grey Mist color correct? If this is true, do you have any idea when it will be available? I could really use a new camera bag but want the Grey Mist color plus a laptop pouch.

Thanks for the help

Greg
Cincinnati Ohio
http://cincypics.com/G​reg/ (external link)
Canon 50D | XT
28-135 IS | 70-300 | 18-55 | Sigma 70-200 f/2.8

John ­ Schell
819 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Apr 2010

May 27, 2010 20:23 |  #41

New member here to the forum and really excited to see the Loka. If you can bear another question, here goes: How would the Loka fare as a day bag for travel? I have a big Euro trip coming up this summer and my main travel pack is set, but my day bag (walking around the city, hiking, etc) has yet to be purchased. The Loka looks like it might be perfect for walking around town (I need a backpack - I don't like slings or messenger bags).

Wish there were some full frontal images to look [drool] over.

What do you think?

Website (external link) || Instagram (external link)

Fstop-Ian
THREAD ­ STARTER
329 posts
Joined May 2009

May 28, 2010 07:49 |  #42

cfnz wrote in post #10254205 (external link)
Ok. If I wanted a Loka, a small ICU and a large ICU what is the best way to proceed? Pre-order the Loka now and add the others later?

yes... but the Large ICU is available now.

Fstop-Ian
THREAD ­ STARTER
329 posts
Joined May 2009

May 28, 2010 07:50 |  #43

highv0lt6ge wrote in post #10256751 (external link)
Ian,

Sorry for piling on the questions, but the current Tilopa is not available in the Grey Mist color correct? If this is true, do you have any idea when it will be available? I could really use a new camera bag but want the Grey Mist color plus a laptop pouch.

Thanks for the help

I do not know the date yet but would think somewhere around October- November.

Fstop-Ian
THREAD ­ STARTER
329 posts
Joined May 2009

May 28, 2010 07:59 |  #44

jtschell wrote in post #10258550 (external link)
New member here to the forum and really excited to see the Loka. If you can bear another question, here goes: How would the Loka fare as a day bag for travel? I have a big Euro trip coming up this summer and my main travel pack is set, but my day bag (walking around the city, hiking, etc) has yet to be purchased. The Loka looks like it might be perfect for walking around town (I need a backpack - I don't like slings or messenger bags).

Wish there were some full frontal images to look [drool] over.

What do you think?

It would be great... ;)

Seriously... its a 40L bag, depending what ICU you get and what gear you have will say a lot about your extra space. But as far as fit, it is ideal for long days of wondering. i image the Medium ICU would be great for your day treks.

The back pocket will be a zip(waterproof) down the middle pouch like pocket. Great for jackets and similar stuff-able items. The top pouch will also be similar to the Tilopa... in the pics you have likely seen, the top pocket is touch flatter. That pocket also has some updated accessory sleeves (iphone size).

I give it a two thumbs up for backpacking Europe... and of course it does not look like a camera bag so there is some travel security there.

John ­ Schell
819 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Apr 2010

May 28, 2010 09:21 |  #45

Ian, thanks. That's what I was hoping to read. I've been searching around and trying to find something that isn't strictly a camera bag - when I hike, my camera isn't in my bag and, for obvious reasons, I don't go lugging everything I own up the mountain or down into the canyons with me - my water, survival gear, food, clothing, etc., takes precedence over an extra lens or my flash (duh) and it's nice to see a company that seems to get that.

Walking through the city, (Urban hiking, haha), carrying nearly all my stuff is important (and having a bag that doesn't scream "CAMERA BAG" on it helps, too).

Thanks again for responding.

Jt

Website (external link) || Instagram (external link)

sponsored links

16,159 views & 0 likes for this thread
F-Stop Loka - teaser pics for those who are waiting....
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.