Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 17 May 2010 (Monday) 17:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Looking for alternative for Movie Maker

KSP1139
Mostly Lurking
15 posts
Joined Apr 2005

May 17, 2010 17:47 |  #1

I was ask to make a movie using several JPG files client wants wedding photo's put on DVD set to music to play for parents etc. I would like to hear some suggestions concerning good, inexpensive, userfriendly software I can do this with. I tried Windows movie maker and was not able to burn to dvd playable in DVD player. Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Hope this is the right place for this thread.
Thank you in advance.
David

:rolleyes:

sponsored links
benesotor
Goldmember
1,827 posts
Joined Mar 2009

May 18, 2010 16:35 |  #2

KSP1139 wrote in post #10198264 (external link)
I was ask to make a movie using several JPG files client wants wedding photo's put on DVD set to music to play for parents etc. I would like to hear some suggestions concerning good, inexpensive, userfriendly software I can do this with. I tried Windows movie maker and was not able to burn to dvd playable in DVD player. Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Hope this is the right place for this thread.
Thank you in advance.
David

:rolleyes:

What version of windows do you have?

Vista and 7 have 'dvd maker' built in. The DVD's I made with it worked fine on TV's.

KSP1139
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
15 posts
Joined Apr 2005

May 18, 2010 21:57 |  #3

I have been trying xp. I have a lap top with Vista, I will look at that thank you for your help.

LSV
335 posts
Joined Feb 2010

May 19, 2010 10:32 |  #4

DVD maker came with "Plus" feature pack. Pack sold so few copies that people just got it all as a free download with vista and 7. You may be able to buy the plus package for very cheap though, maybe $10-20, but i have no clue as to actual prices or availability.

KSP1139
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
15 posts
Joined Apr 2005

May 20, 2010 21:56 as a reply to  @ LSV's post |  #5

Thank you both for your input. I am very thankful for your help.

-AP-
Goldmember
2,293 posts
Gallery: 190 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2008

May 20, 2010 22:01 as a reply to  @ KSP1139's post |  #6

Believe it or not, Googles Picasa has this feature. I needed a real quick down and dirty Photo slideshow for a friends brothers birthday party and it work great. Selected the song and it automatically adjusted the time between frames.

So if you know how many photos you have and the length of the song, you can figure out what the time between would be.

I know for sure there are much better software packages out there for this, but my experience with Picasa was to good not to mention it.

Cheap too..

Best of luck.

WEBSITE (external link) | FACEBOOK (external link) | Canon 5d3 | SX50 HS | 7D2 |70-200L | 24-70L | 50mm f1.4 | YN-622c | Bunch of lights, a few more lenses and lots of other stuff..

gking
120 posts
Joined Nov 2006

May 31, 2010 09:42 |  #7

I have been using Movie Maker since I had XP. The updated version in Vista was very good.
Movie Maker is the easiest to use and provides extensive free transitions, titles and effects.
Unfortunatelly, Microsoft decided to change MM on Windows 7 and they screwed it up royally.
They eliminated the valueble Timeline. Lucky that you can still use the Vista version on Windows 7 and get the Timeline feature.
I purchased Sony Vegas and it is too complicated and not as easy to use.
DVD Maker is free and comes with Vista and Windows 7. I created DVDs that play on TV.

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi ; Canon EOS 650 35mm; Canon Zoom Lens EF-S 18-55mm 58mm -1:3.5-5.6 II; Canon EF 70-210mm 1:4; Canon EF 50mm1:1.8; Canon EF 28mm; Sigma 70-300 APO DG Macro; Canon Speedlite 420 EX

nduralt
126 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Jun 01, 2010 02:38 |  #8

Upgrade to a Mac and get Final cut... you'll be thankful you did!

7D w/BG-E7 || 50D (Naked) || 480EX || Sigma 24-70 || Canon 70-200 2.8 IS || Canon 50 1.4 || Several kit lenses || TC-80N3 || SanDisk Extreme || Lexar Professional || Redrock Micro Cinema Kit || Manfrotto 190XPROB W/804RC2 || Manfrotto 501HDV+525MVB Pro Video Kit with 520BA || (Internet Marketer 1st, Photographer 2nd, Videographer 3rd) SEO Toronto (external link), Internet Marketing Toronto (external link), Digital Marketing Toronto (external link).

Docthomas
203 posts
Joined May 2008

Jun 01, 2010 03:02 |  #9

haven't tried 7's MM but I've been using this on someone else's recommendation on this forum and I love it. as easy or as complicated as you want to make it

http://www.photodex.co​m/products/producer (external link)

80D, 28-135 IS F3.5-5.6, 70-300 IS USM f4-5.6, Tamron 17-50 2.8, nifty-fifty, sigma 10-20,

sponsored links

1,591 views & 0 likes for this thread
Looking for alternative for Movie Maker
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.