Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 30 May 2010 (Sunday) 20:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sigma 30 1.4 deal?

htsht
117 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 30, 2010 20:40 |  #1

Anyone know of some good deals on the Sigma 30 1.4? Had mine for about a month, set it down to switch lens and found my 1 year old has faster hands then I do. Looking to pick up another one.

Gear List

sponsored links
vitacura
Goldmember
1,514 posts
Joined Nov 2009

May 30, 2010 20:44 |  #2

I know Abes of Maine has 10% off Sigma lenses using code AALOYAL
add Bing and you may have a good deal!

Gear & Feedback

dtsang
253 posts
Joined Mar 2003

May 30, 2010 21:34 |  #3

^^^+1

BLUEONION
275 posts
Joined Dec 2008

May 30, 2010 22:17 |  #4

I'm looking for a deal too..

Canon 6D: Rokinon 14 2.8 I Sigma 50 1.4 I Rokinon 85 1.4 I Canon 135 2.0 I Tamron 70-200 2.8
WTB: Skills :)

shagaholik
478 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 30, 2010 22:27 |  #5

i think vitacura stated the best price for this lens. 10% off coupon and 2% bing cb at abe's of maine. final price $387.20.

[Feedback]

dchoe
64 posts
Joined Oct 2009

May 30, 2010 22:55 |  #6
bannedPermanent ban

clicked on link from bing, the 10% code was already applied as with the free lens cleaning kit. the 2% bing is already showing up in my account

thanks @vitacura

Photos (external link) ||| POTN Feedback/Gear ||| Amazon Price Tracking (external link)

htsht
THREAD ­ STARTER
117 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 30, 2010 23:00 |  #7

Thanks!

Gear List

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,567 posts
Joined Nov 2008

May 31, 2010 01:01 |  #8

WHat happened to the first one? Unless it was submerged, it would likely be cheaper to fix than replace. I would at least send it in for an estimate first.

Taylor
Galleries: Flickr (external link)
60D | ELPH 330 | iPhone 5s

dchoe
64 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 01, 2010 16:18 |  #9
bannedPermanent ban

btw, this will probably be the last time i order from abes.. wtf with sending me an email in all caps telling me to call them, only to try to upsell me

Photos (external link) ||| POTN Feedback/Gear ||| Amazon Price Tracking (external link)

rjx
Goldmember
2,670 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jun 01, 2010 16:25 |  #10

A tiny (if any) price to pay for getting a great deal. I know I am not made of money and if I can save a total of at least 12% off retail price on a really nice lens, by all means, they can throw whatever sales tactics they have at me. :)

"It doesn't matter what camera you have if your photography has nothing worthwhile to say"
“Photos are everywhere. You just have to know how to look.”

dchoe
64 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 01, 2010 16:42 |  #11
bannedPermanent ban

well, it's only 10% instant, then ~1.8% bing after 60 days (since bing pays post coupon price)

with ebay, using bing + mrrebates + ebay bucks, it's 13% (since each discount is based on the actual price) after 60 or so days, unless instant bing.

i went with abes since the ~1% difference is worth getting 10% off at the time of purchase. but had i known this is what abes does (and apparently i got added to their mailing list after opt-ing out during checkout), i would've never ordered from them.

rjx
Goldmember
2,670 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jun 01, 2010 17:25 |  #12

10% instant, 2% Bing, $15 off instant coupon (about 3.4% off) which comes to almost 15.5% off retail. $439 - $67.68 = $371.32

"It doesn't matter what camera you have if your photography has nothing worthwhile to say"

dchoe
64 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 01, 2010 17:43 |  #13
bannedPermanent ban

i'm actually cancelling my order..

but every coupon code i tried wouldn't stack with the 10% sigma instant code.. and even if it would, the bing would be 2% of the final purchase price making the total 376.32

with ebay, the final cost is 381.93. so 5 and change is not worth it to support a company that makes me call in for an upsell.

rjx
Goldmember
2,670 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jun 01, 2010 18:01 |  #14

The 10% is good for full retail. And bing's 2% is also good for full retail. But I just checked and none of the three $15 off codes I knew about work. I think they expired at the end of May. That sucks.

I respect you're concerns about the up-selling though. I'm just frugal MF :)

sponsored links

1,588 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sigma 30 1.4 deal?
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.