Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
Thread started 02 Jun 2010 (Wednesday) 20:38
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Looking for Post Production Tips on Interior Shots

VincentPeete
98 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jun 02, 2010 20:38 |  #1

I did a shot of the interior of a car and was trying to clear the windshield and windows from seeing the outside mess. How are these photos achieved?

Here is the photo I did...

IMAGE: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4008/4664517551_990bb71c67.jpg

Below Jeff Creech...
http://farm4.static.fl​ickr.com …2723113257_1905​336af6.jpg (external link)

Facebook (external link) \ Peete-Productions (external link) \ Flickr (external link)
Nikon D80 | Nikon MB-D80 Battery Grip | Tamron 18-200mm | 50mm f/1.8 | Nikon SB-600 (3) |
Tamron 28 - 75mm f/2.8 | Tamron 70 - 200mm f/2.8 | Sigma 10-20mm | Canon HV30 |  MacBook Pro

sponsored links
PicSniper
Goldmember
1,017 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jun 02, 2010 20:42 |  #2

Nice job on your pic, but on the second one, I don't think you're allowed to post another person's pic. You might want to change that second pic to a link.

Hello, my name is Victor.
My Gear List

VincentPeete
THREAD ­ STARTER
98 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jun 02, 2010 20:43 |  #3

PicSniper wrote in post #10292098 (external link)
Nice job on your pic, but on the second one, I don't think you're allowed to post another person's pic. You might want to change that second pic to a link.

changed... thanks

Facebook (external link) \ Peete-Productions (external link) \ Flickr (external link)
Nikon D80 | Nikon MB-D80 Battery Grip | Tamron 18-200mm | 50mm f/1.8 | Nikon SB-600 (3) |
Tamron 28 - 75mm f/2.8 | Tamron 70 - 200mm f/2.8 | Sigma 10-20mm | Canon HV30 |  MacBook Pro

cccc
Goldmember
2,016 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Jun 03, 2010 01:57 |  #4

try a color scheme that goes better with the car and that looks semi-natural. Notice how the original has a radial gradient applied rather than a "linear" one. Focusing on less of the interior (ie not the entire thing, but one side, no sunroof, or less distortion even?) may give you a more realistic look.

PhotosGuy
75,531 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

Jun 03, 2010 08:51 |  #5

try a color scheme that goes better with the car and that looks semi-natural.

I agree. The light on the interior looks pretty good. I'd straighten the wheel, & maybe shoot with the dash lights on for what little difference they might make.

trying to clear the windshield and windows from seeing the outside mess.

And lets not forget that there's the option of shooting where there isn't an "outside mess", too. ;)

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

oomus
313 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jun 03, 2010 09:06 as a reply to  @ PhotosGuy's post |  #6

I agree with straightening the steering wheel. I would also even out the recline on the seats to make it more symetrical and show more of the door panel on the left.

The gradients for the background would look better in a more complementing color.

+1 on the dash lights (just enough to show the guages)

Another subtle thing I might look at is to make a HDR to bring out the deepest shadows in the dash and sunroof just a hair. Just dont over do it, only what the eye would see not artificial. You could fix the glare on the right side of the dash with it as well to make it look more natural.

Or use reflector to light it up just a little and make the light more even. (watch for glare on the dash lens, mirror and dash trim from external light though)

Also is that your knee in the bottom of the shot?

Scott G.
WWW.AzClockStoppers.co​m (external link)
The Gear List

PhotosGuy
75,531 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

Jun 04, 2010 08:46 |  #7

:D I missed that!

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

PicSniper
Goldmember
1,017 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jun 04, 2010 11:34 |  #8

These are all great suggestions, including the elimination of the knee! :) I always find it interesting to see the different perspectives that people have on these types of shots. That's what makes POTN such an interesting place for ideas.

My Gear List

VincentPeete
THREAD ­ STARTER
98 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jun 05, 2010 11:33 |  #9

oomus wrote in post #10294822 (external link)

WOW... I just noticed that too. I was worrying too much about the glass I didn't even notice my knee. This photo officially sucks.

PicSniper
Goldmember
1,017 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jun 05, 2010 16:05 |  #10

VincentPeete wrote in post #10307388 (external link)
WOW... I just noticed that too. I was worrying too much about the glass I didn't even notice my knee. This photo officially sucks.

It doesn't suck! The reason for posting was to gain insight as to how to improve the original pic, right? I believe the great ideas that others have given will certainly help you to set up the shot better on your next attempt and walk away with a much better image. By the way, a little Photoshop and you know that knee is gone... ;)

My Gear List

VincentPeete
THREAD ­ STARTER
98 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jun 06, 2010 01:19 |  #11

PicSniper wrote in post #10308438 (external link)
It doesn't suck! The reason for posting was to gain insight as to how to improve the original pic, right? I believe the great ideas that others have given will certainly help you to set up the shot better on your next attempt and walk away with a much better image. By the way, a little Photoshop and you know that knee is gone... ;)

True, but I'm a real critic to my own photos and I should've noticed that. However, I think it is time to reshoot the car. :cool:

sponsored links

3,099 views & 0 likes for this thread
Looking for Post Production Tips on Interior Shots
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.