Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes 
Thread started 07 Jun 2010 (Monday) 19:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lake Louise From Above, Banff National Park

Biker010
165 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 07, 2010 19:33 |  #1

Hi All,

I've never actually posted on here before, but I though it was time I gave it a shot. I've seen this place photographed many times on here, but this was taken from on top on the Little Beehive, a shot no-one seems to post. Well, hope you like it, taken with a 10-20mm sigma, hand held.:D

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

Glyn
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/glyn8/ (external link)

sponsored links
sparker1
Cream of the Crop
29,308 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Jun 07, 2010 19:37 |  #2

It's a lovely scene but looks unlevel, like all the water will run out of the lake. we can't have that, since I will be there in August.

Stan (See my gallery at http://www.pbase.com/s​parker1 (external link))

7D, 50D, 300D, EF-S 10-22 mm, EF-S 18-55 mm kit lens, EF 24-105 L IS, EF 50 mm 1.8, Sigma 150-500mm (Bigmos)

Biker010
THREAD ­ STARTER
165 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 07, 2010 19:52 as a reply to  @ sparker1's post |  #3

I see what you mean, its due to that tree line infront being the side of a mountain and at a funny angle. If I straighten the water the mountains look like their laying down ;)
When you go make sure to climb up to mirror lake, Agnes tea house and either of the beehives, hard work but the views are great!
Minnewanka is good, there's a great viewpoint from the miners trail thats quite easy to get to. Also go to Johnson Canyon (& the ink pots on a clear day), Emerald Lake, the entire icefields parkway, and generally anywhere is just amazing!

Glyn

johny39
567 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 07, 2010 20:36 |  #4

Nice shots!

Biker010 wrote in post #10320871 (external link)
, the entire icefields parkway, and generally anywhere is just amazing!

I agree! i've been in a road trip, 10-11 days ago from Calgary to Lake Louise through Icefields Parkway to Jasper/Mount Robson Park.
Imop ,Banff, Lake Loise,Moraine ,Canmore area is amazing also ,still kind of crowded:, But... the Parkway is wild,makes you feel you are not on Earth anymore,there are are 48 peaks over 3000m along the 230km section, glaciers, blue lakes and rivers no heavy comercial trafic,logging,mining,​hunting: i've seen 4 black bears, lots of elk,goats,wolfs just on the side of the road, i don't know what's deeper if you go few miles:godzila,dinos and BigFoot maybe,:)

Canon 6D /Rebel T1i |24-105mm/ 18-55mm /55-250mm/Toki 11-16

risingwolf
502 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 07, 2010 20:41 |  #5

Spent several weeks there. The climb beyond the lake was tremendous and beyond the tea house just got more spectacular. The hike across from the Columbia Ice Fields to the original pass is worth the trip. Up then level and you can look across the valley to the Ice fields

May there be peace
Canon 7D and 5D Mark III.

hawaiiboy
Goldmember
1,988 posts
Gallery: 69 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 07, 2010 21:43 |  #6

Very nice shots.

I lived in Calgary for a few years almost 30 years ago
did that hike a few times.....what a spectacular hike
it is. The whole area is full of incredible photo ops.

Thanks for bringing some good memories up to the surface.
My mother loved Lake Louise so much that we had a memorial
bench made and place there after she left us.

https://www.flickr.com​/gp/hawaiiboy/6V74P7 (external link)
https://www.instagram.​com/hawaiiboy59/ (external link)
Kevin

jrader
Goldmember
1,011 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jun 08, 2010 05:19 |  #7

The clouds are a bit over-exposed, but the view is impeccable.

Keep up the good work.

For those going to that area, I would highly recommend a stop at Peyto Lake as well (bring your polarizer!).

John

www.GreatEscapePhotogr​aphy.com (external link)
Facebook Page (external link)
Instagram: @greatescapephotograph​y (external link)

pudgy_groundhog
Goldmember
1,161 posts
Joined May 2010

Jun 08, 2010 09:30 |  #8

Pretty! (although I agree with sparker about the tilt and understand how it's hard to fix it). We liked Little Beehive better than Big Beehive (we had it to ourselves and the views were great). Unfortunately, we didn't get to finish our hike as on the way to Plain of Six Glaciers my husband slipped and caught himself on a sharp rock (earned himself five stitches and an up close and personal view of the Canadian health care system :-P).

- Katherine
pictures from the pudge (external link)

Tcon
169 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jun 08, 2010 10:45 |  #9

pudgy_groundhog wrote in post #10324086 (external link)
we didn't get to finish our hike as on the way to Plain of Six Glaciers my husband slipped and caught himself on a sharp rock (earned himself five stitches and an up close and personal view of the Canadian health care system :-P).

Was it as bad as the American media portrays it? :lol:

http://www.renekohut.c​om (external link)

Rayne
79 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jun 08, 2010 10:50 |  #10

Very nice shot. I love Banff!

Gear List | Flickr (external link)

Analog6
565 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jun 08, 2010 15:06 |  #11

Beautiful shots, and you were lucky to have such nice clouds to give interest in the sky. The far horizon line is actually pretty straight, so it must just be an optical illusion. Hope to visit there one day, my partner has been and says it is stunning.

Odille
---------------
My Facebook (external link) / Photo Blog (external link) / RedBubble shop (external link) / My Calendars (external link)

Biker010
THREAD ­ STARTER
165 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 11, 2010 21:15 as a reply to  @ Analog6's post |  #12

Thanks everyone, I have to admit that the photo was more or less straight out of the camera. I just tried to lower the highlights a bit, hide some of the over exposed clouds so hows this?

HOSTED PHOTO

Glyn

sparker1
Cream of the Crop
29,308 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Jun 12, 2010 06:28 |  #13

Thanks for the tips, everyone. I've been to Lake Louise a couple times, but never hiked above the lake. Plan to do that on this visit. Looking forward to Banff, the Parkway & Jasper. The last time there was smoke from forest fires killing the views. Glad you worked on the clouds, understand about the tilted lake.

Stan (See my gallery at http://www.pbase.com/s​parker1 (external link))

7D, 50D, 300D, EF-S 10-22 mm, EF-S 18-55 mm kit lens, EF 24-105 L IS, EF 50 mm 1.8, Sigma 150-500mm (Bigmos)

johny39
567 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 12, 2010 17:04 as a reply to  @ sparker1's post |  #14

Here http://s10.photobucket​.com …kway/?albumview​=slideshow (external link) is a slideshow captured 3 weeks ago,may 24-26th ,in a road trip from Calgary to Canmore ,Banff, Lake Louise,Parkway ,Jasper to Mount Robson,BC. The weather was not very good ,some are shot from a moving car and combined with my noob skills don't expect masterpices, but ohh well i'm just an amateur photographer saving memories:).

Canon 6D /Rebel T1i |24-105mm/ 18-55mm /55-250mm/Toki 11-16

BobL
159 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jun 25, 2010 08:04 as a reply to  @ johny39's post |  #15

Nice shots Biker,

A couple of LL panoramas I took last weekend.
All are hand held with a 50D using the basic 17 -85 mm Lens

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

sponsored links

3,521 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lake Louise From Above, Banff National Park
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.