Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 14 Jun 2010 (Monday) 03:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

first go at panorama et al - let me have it!

pelooyen
Goldmember
2,940 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 14, 2010 03:29 |  #1

Recenty west of Sydney, too a few pano shots (stitched) and a couple of others. Love ot get your feedback

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
MIME changed to 'text/html' | Content warning: data

IMAGE NOT FOUND

and some others close by...

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Does this one 'tell' the story of logging?? (and yes it IS close by)
IMAGE NOT FOUND

cheers, Paul
---------------
Flickr (external link) | My Website (external link) | Like me on Facebook (external link)
6D | 5Dc | 17-40mm L | 28-135mm IS USM | 70-200L f4 | 100mm f2.8 macro USM | MPE65 | MT-24EX | 580EX | Kenko extension tubes | 1.4x TC
| couple of umbrellas and softbox and other lighting stuff

sponsored links
JoYork
Goldmember
3,079 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Jun 14, 2010 03:59 |  #2

1) The man standing on the left-hand side really makes the shot more interesting, IMO. Without him, the shot would be a little boring.

2) Technically very well done, but I would have liked to have seen a bit more of the landscape and less of the sky. There's a rock on the left which looks like the ones from Avatar, I want to see all the way down :) By the way, you might want to try holding the camera in the vertical (portrait) orientation when you do panoramas as you'll get more in.

3) This looks a little soft and a little washed out. The softness could be due to the long exposure and the plants moving, perhaps. The photo seems to lack contrast and vibrancy.

4) No offence but this one is a little dull, to me. It's a very well taken shot of a not-very-interesting scene. You did an excellent job of nailing the exposure but there's just nothing compelling to look at.

5) Similar to above. Not sure what you were trying to achieve with the composition here. It might have benefited from a wider lens, but the trees growing out of the bottom of the photo are irksome.. I'd rather see where they were growing from.

6) This is a photo of some logs.

Jo
Flickr (external link)

pelooyen
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,940 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 14, 2010 06:31 |  #3

Thanks for the feedback

1. The man initialy got into the shot as I was taking the exposures. Decided to keep him in :-)
2. Actually, my camera was vertical! Unfortunately, looking any further down required me to move closer to the 100 m drop precipice - I was already close to the edge :eek:

3. Will try brighten it up a bit - stay tuned

6. :oops: Just logs heh - gues my composiion didnt quite get there :lol:

cheers, Paul
---------------
Flickr (external link) | My Website (external link) | Like me on Facebook (external link)
6D | 5Dc | 17-40mm L | 28-135mm IS USM | 70-200L f4 | 100mm f2.8 macro USM | MPE65 | MT-24EX | 580EX | Kenko extension tubes | 1.4x TC

dino211
174 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Jun 16, 2010 00:39 |  #4

#1 - The human scale really gives a good impression of the vastness of the country.
On the right hand side, maybe crop 20% of the black cliff.

Dean
Canon 7Dii, 5Dii, 100-400L, 70-200L f4is, 100 macro, 300L f4is, 24-105L f4i

pelooyen
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,940 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 16, 2010 02:31 |  #5

better?

IMAGE NOT FOUND

cheers, Paul
---------------

Jacob ­ Broësener
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jun 16, 2010 10:28 |  #6

JoYork wrote in post #10357745 (external link)
1) The man standing on the left-hand side really makes the shot more interesting, IMO. Without him, the shot would be a little boring.

I agree, this shot is great but without the man standing, it could be like any post card you could have bought.

You know, I know photo 6 is a picture of some logs, but I like the colour and focus in this shot.

Great work!

dino211
174 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Jun 16, 2010 11:49 as a reply to  @ pelooyen's post |  #7

That is a bigger crop than I proposed. It needs some of the cliff to balance the pic left to right.

Dean
Canon 7Dii, 5Dii, 100-400L, 70-200L f4is, 100 macro, 300L f4is, 24-105L f4i

sponsored links

1,172 views & 0 likes for this thread
first go at panorama et al - let me have it!
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.