Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 20 Jun 2010 (Sunday) 21:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Bird posing

nüborn
263 posts
Joined May 2010

Jun 20, 2010 21:40 |  #1

[IMAGE TOO SMALL, NOT RENDERED INLINE]

I think I reduced the noise so much that I might have lost some quality in the feathers... makes it look blurry, no? How's the cropping?

My Gear : XSi, 10-22, 18-55 MkII, 55-250, YN-468

sponsored links
dino211
174 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Jun 20, 2010 23:01 |  #2

A little blurry. Nice colors but clone out the hot spot behind the bird.
Is he standing on one leg?

Dean
Canon 7Dii, 5Dii, 100-400L, 70-200L f4is, 100 macro, 300L f4is, 24-105L f4i

Bend ­ The ­ Light
Cream of the Crop
6,098 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Jun 21, 2010 02:15 |  #3

dino211 wrote in post #10397967 (external link)
Is he standing on one leg?

Ha ha...looks like it. I do that all the time in panoramas and things. He may actually only have one leg, or maybe he thinks he's a stork?

BTW, I like it. I know where to find a few peacocks and have plans to go and shoot some (with the camera, of course!).

josef2982
93 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Jun 21, 2010 21:36 as a reply to  @ Bend The Light's post |  #4

nice! I really like the crop. If it were mine, I would experiment with added just a touch more vibrancy to the color (but not too much). Looks good though. Some of the feathers aren't tack sharp but the main guy is dead on so it doesn't really hurt the picture much. What was your aperture/shutter speed on this one?

Canon EOS 6D | BG-E13 grip | 24-105 f/4L | 40 f/2.8 | Gitzo 0531 | Gitzo 1177M

Bend ­ The ­ Light
Cream of the Crop
6,098 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Jun 22, 2010 01:26 |  #5

josef2982 wrote in post #10404027 (external link)
nice! I really like the crop. If it were mine, I would experiment with added just a touch more vibrancy to the color (but not too much). Looks good though. Some of the feathers aren't tack sharp but the main guy is dead on so it doesn't really hurt the picture much. What was your aperture/shutter speed on this one?

He used 1/60th at f5.6. The peacocks "shiver" their tail feathers when showing off, don't they...was he doing this when you shot him? Could that be why there was some blurring?

corkneyfonz
Goldmember
2,477 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 22, 2010 11:50 |  #6

One of those must have shots, a shame about the softness.

My Flickr (external link)

nüborn
THREAD ­ STARTER
263 posts
Joined May 2010

Jun 22, 2010 21:18 |  #7

I did everything I could, can't get anything good out of it. Will go back to the zoo just for that sucker (it's free anyways)

My Gear : XSi, 10-22, 18-55 MkII, 55-250, YN-468

sponsored links

837 views & 0 likes for this thread
Bird posing
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.