Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 04 Jul 2010 (Sunday) 14:36
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sports Poster - CC please

MT ­ Stringer
Goldmember
4,650 posts
Joined May 2006

Jul 04, 2010 14:36 |  #1

Before I go any further, I would like to get your opinion on my poster. I am not very well skilled with Photoshop tools so I used a template that I can drop pics into and edit colors and text as needed. Maybe someday I will get better. I am using Photoshop Elements 8.0 to make the changes.

It is sized for 8x10, so 16 x 20 should be OK also. I plan to print a sample once I get everything right.

Your thoughts.
Mike

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

MaxPreps Profile (external link)

My Gear List

sponsored links
MizzouMan_2000
Goldmember
1,651 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 04, 2010 15:09 |  #2

That's a pretty slick template & nice photos, too.

I'm not spectacular w/ Photoshop, but have made some designs in the past. Here's one of my most recent.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

http://cisp.zenfolio.c​om (external link)

ECPrevatte
127 posts
Joined May 2009

Jul 04, 2010 15:33 |  #3

Her name is a little hard to read, is there a way the template allows you to space the letters?

Gear List | Feedback

Biffbradford
Goldmember
2,784 posts
Gallery: 25 photos
Joined Jul 2008

Jul 04, 2010 16:50 |  #4

Boy, that name is hard to read. How about the second photo insert moved to the top? That arm sticking up in the air at the top bugs me. I'd put something more solid at the top.

My pictures: John Wilke Photography (external link), Flikr (external link) , Facebook (external link), Fine Arts America (external link), Canon 1D MkII N, 1D MkIII, various Canon and Tokina lenses. :D

82NoMe
Goldmember
2,268 posts
Gallery: 52 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2008

Jul 04, 2010 19:45 as a reply to  @ Biffbradford's post |  #5

I like the poster. I think it would have been nice to see the player eyes instead of mirrored Sunglasses. The emotion is always in the eyes...

Cheers... jim

MT ­ Stringer
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,650 posts
Joined May 2006

Jul 04, 2010 20:36 |  #6

Thanks for the feedback. I'll see if I can space the letters a little in her name. Mirrored sunglasses? That's just the way it is. Hot, hot, hot. It was 95 deg F. that day. I don't see how those kids can play all day. I quit after three games.

I hope to see her pitch for the local high school in a few years. She's only 10.

My Gear List

snyderman
Cream of the Crop
7,083 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jul 04, 2010 21:04 |  #7

I won't say anything about the name, but kids seem to like a font called 'teen.'

Also, a shot without the face-garb would be nice if you have one? If I could get shots of nearly every football player without a helmet on last season, I'd bet you have one of her somewhere!

dave

Canon 5D2 > 35L-85L-135L

CatchingUp
Goldmember
1,839 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jul 2006

Jul 04, 2010 22:49 |  #8

What do YOU like about it? And what are you not that thrilled with?

Tony
I use Canon gear...have several bodies and lenses and am quite pleased with them.

"A person's gift will make room for itself."

MT ­ Stringer
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,650 posts
Joined May 2006

Jul 04, 2010 22:56 |  #9

CatchingUp wrote in post #10478123 (external link)
What do YOU like about it? And what are you not that thrilled with?

Well, I like it just as it is. I am working on a second one and sure enough, the girl is wearing her sunglasses also.

I couldn't find a way to create space in the players name. I think that is called kerning but not sure. Maybe I need to send a note to the gal at easydigitals. She would know.

Thanks
Mike

My Gear List

CatchingUp
Goldmember
1,839 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jul 2006

Jul 04, 2010 23:05 |  #10

Well if you are pleased with it, and your subject is, then go for it and be happy. :-) I'm not saying you can't learn stuff here, but you'll find that anytime you post something on here, you'll get a dozen different opinions.

If there is something you are wanting to change or don't like and then you post it here for critique, that is one thing. If you were wondering about a color scheme or something, then ask specifically about that. Otherwise...take pride in what you have done. Looks like you have a good poster here and one that will make others order from you as well. Good luck.

Tony
I use Canon gear...have several bodies and lenses and am quite pleased with them.

"A person's gift will make room for itself."

MT ­ Stringer
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,650 posts
Joined May 2006

Jul 04, 2010 23:09 |  #11

Thanks Tony.

My Gear List

mtndo
235 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jul 05, 2010 08:14 |  #12

Hi Mike I think the poster, though simple, is very nice. How did you do it...where did you get your template?

Larry

Gear List: 5D II w/grip, 7D Mk. II, 50 /f1.8, 50/f1.4, 85/f1.8, 24/f3.5 II TS-E, 90/f2.8 TS-E, 135/f2, 180/f3.5 macro, 300/f4 IS, 300/f2.8 IS, 400/f5.6, 500/f4 IS, 17-40/f4, 28-70/f2.8, 24-105/f4 IS, 70-200/f4 IS, 70-200/f2.8 IS, 100-400/f4.5-5.6 IS, 1.4x II ext, 2x II ext, 2x III, 5-580 EX II & way too much other gear to list.

MT ­ Stringer
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,650 posts
Joined May 2006

Jul 05, 2010 10:56 |  #13

mtndo wrote in post #10479534 (external link)
Hi Mike I think the poster, though simple, is very nice. How did you do it...where did you get your template?

Larry

Easydigitals.com

http://easydigitals.co​m/pro-poster-quick-kit-vol-1/ (external link)

My Gear List

sch_photo
172 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Jul 07, 2010 01:06 |  #14

I use templates anytime I can... Photoshop is nice, but the last thing you want is to get bogged do laying these things out rather than shooting... trust me, I have been there

Equipment list: Canon 1Dx, Canon 1D mk III, 50D, 400mm 2.8L, 70-200mm 2.8L, 17-40 4.0L, 24-105 4.0L IS, Sigma 15mm 2.8 FE, (2) 580EX II

canons900
Goldmember
1,053 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jul 07, 2010 07:18 |  #15

Very nice poster. My only nit is the font. It is difficult to read the name. You should be able to change the font in the template. It is probably on a separate layer so you can move it around a little depending on your photo.

sponsored links

3,682 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sports Poster - CC please
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.