Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 18 May 2010 (Tuesday) 01:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Craigslist rant...

cacawcacaw
Goldmember
2,862 posts
Joined May 2010

Jul 04, 2010 15:41 as a reply to  @ post 10471881 |  #31

Hello,
am interesting to buy your item so please email me back with your mind price for your item so that l will pay for it.
Thanks.

Hi Dominic,
$915 is my best price. Please let me know if you are interested. What kind of camera and lenses do you have now?
Thanks,

Hello,
Thanks for your Quick Response to my mail. Am happy to hear your item is still available which the price is still OK by me. l would have love to arrange for the pick up but l traveled out of the state for a pastoral Visit to our New church program. l will appreciate your effort if only you will do me a favor to buy your item. l will pay through PayPal or you provide me with your details for money order. I want this item for my son Birthday gift He stays with his mummy who is a Pastor on a missionary work and l want the item to be ship directly to the destination where they are living. Which l will include the shipping tax of the item for you. Please specify any of the above mode of payment that will suit you.
Thanks.
God bless you.

Arggghhh - I can't believe that I responded to the first email through my normal email account. This "buyer" was right on the heels of a buyer for my older Rebel, which sold easily and immediately to a buyer who thought my best price was too low and kicked it up to where he thought the price should be. I guess you have to expect to run into all kinds with Craigslist.

Replacing my Canon 7D, Tokina 12-24mm, Canon 17-55mm, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.4, and 150-500mm with a Panasonic Lumix FZ1000. I still have the 17-55 and the 30 available for sale.

sponsored links
SkedAddled
Goldmember
2,010 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2008

Jul 04, 2010 23:12 as a reply to  @ cacawcacaw's post |  #32

cacawcacaw wrote:
Arggghhh - I can't believe that I responded to the first email through my normal email account.

Use a throwaway email account, and put a stipulation in every listing
to weed the garbageheads from the real people.

I tell people to reply with an actual dollar-amount offer, or they'll be ignored.
Works every time; the garbageheads get deleted while I communicate with those
who are capable of reading and following a simple instruction.

Figure this:
If they can't be bothered to look like an interested party on a simple term,
then why bother with time and energy? Look for something specific in their
responses, something YOU have stipulated, and if they can't be bothered to
adhere to it, then why should you expend the effort of a response?

State something specific in your listing, and don't back down from it.
You'll be much happier and less troubled at the end of a day.

Craig5D4|50D|S3iS|AF:Σ10-20|Canon 28-135 USM IS|MF:Tamron SP 28-80|Tamron SP 60-300|Soligor 75-260|Soligor 400|Soligor C/D 500|Zuiko 50 f/1.8|others
Support this exceptional forum
Of course I'm all right! Why? What have you heard?!?

MT ­ Stringer
Goldmember
4,650 posts
Joined May 2006

Jul 04, 2010 23:22 |  #33

How are you guys eliminating this?

I don't buy or sell on craigslist, period. If it sounds to good to be true, well...

MaxPreps Profile (external link)

My Gear List

cacawcacaw
Goldmember
2,862 posts
Joined May 2010

Jul 05, 2010 01:45 |  #34

SkedAddled wrote in post #10478206 (external link)
Use a throwaway email account, and put a stipulation in every listing to weed the garbageheads from the real people.

I tell people to reply with an actual dollar-amount offer, or they'll be ignored. ...

that's a great tip and it serves a dual-purpose by getting eliminating the low-ballers. Thanks.

Craigslist is a great resource and it seems a shame to not use it at all just because there are a few pitfalls.

Replacing my Canon 7D, Tokina 12-24mm, Canon 17-55mm, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.4, and 150-500mm with a Panasonic Lumix FZ1000. I still have the 17-55 and the 30 available for sale.

ECPrevatte
127 posts
Joined May 2009

Jul 05, 2010 14:30 |  #35

I make people say, "I'm not a robot scammer" in the email. It gives me a laugh, and makes me know they are real.

Gear List | Feedback

vid1900
557 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Jul 06, 2010 15:05 |  #36

I always just put in the ad: "be sure to include the word SPAMKILL in the title of your email. If you can't follow these directions, I assume you are a bot and will not open your email"

No bot has ever figured it out, so my love of Craigslist continues....

No bragging list - I just rent whatever the job requires.

bettyn
Goldmember
3,445 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2006

Jul 14, 2010 21:51 |  #37

Craig's list where I am is a joke. Nothing but spam.

My Gear: 6D, 7D, EOS-M w EF-M 22 f2 STM and EF-M 18-55 f3.5-5.6 IS STM, 17-40L f4, 24-70L f2.8, 100 f2.8 non-IS macro, 70-200L f/4 IS, 400L f5.6,, Canon 1.4x II TC, Canon Speedlite 430 EX II, Better Beamer. Manfrotto carbon fiber tripod, 2 monopods, Manfrotto ballhead and pistol grip tripod heads.

sponsored links

4,376 views & 0 likes for this thread
Craigslist rant...
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.