Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 05 Jul 2010 (Monday) 16:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Walmart, wow, Canon EF 50mm f1.2L for $230

this thread is locked
monk3y
Totally Saturated
46,198 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Jul 06, 2010 03:12 |  #46

stevetran23 wrote in post #10484454 (external link)
What they don't know won't hurt them.

hahaha... ohhhh if i'm only in the states...

www.monk3y.com (external link) | My GEAR

sponsored links
Rick1930
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jul 06, 2010 03:22 |  #47

i also ordered one. I'll scream bloody murder in the CS area if necessary. haha..

550D, S90, LX4

nekrosoft13
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,087 posts
Gallery: 185 photos
Joined Jun 2010

Jul 06, 2010 07:22 |  #48
bannedPermanent ban

so, those that placed the orders, any luck?

Gear List

alpha_1976
Goldmember
3,960 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jul 06, 2010 07:47 |  #49

and what is that "II"? Is there any mark II for 55-250mm or 50mm macro or even 50L?

I know more about gear than I know about photography :p
Gear List

Duckhunter250
252 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Jul 06, 2010 07:56 |  #50

I'm so glad to be a part of a group of people that have such great morals, your momma must have raised you right!!

60D|EF-S 18-55IS|EF-S 55-250IS|EF-S 18-135IS stm|EF 85-1.8|Tamron 17-50 2.8 non VC |Tamron SP 70-300 Di VC USD | YN 465|Domke F-3x

mswobo
Goldmember
1,322 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jul 06, 2010 08:15 |  #51

Walmart will figure this out and not honor any mistakes. Why should they?

Life is about taking the high road even if others dont.

Everyone here professional or newbie wouldnt want to be taken advantage of in anyway. What if you left your 580 exII on a table and the person who found it knew how to get it back to you, wouldnt you expect it back?

Nikon D850 and a bunch of stuff, I have learned a lot here when I was shooting Canon, staying to keep learning..."Every time I set up I learn something new".

Traci_Ann
I'm a masochist
3,595 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined May 2005

Jul 06, 2010 09:23 |  #52

How many of you are the same people who scream lawsuit when someone copies one of your photos? Its all ok as long as its not the photographer being taken advantage of right?

Sevas Tra

tb955
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jul 06, 2010 10:07 |  #53

I ordered with store pickup. If it turns out to be the 55-250 I want to make sure I'm in the store so I can return it right away and not show up to the store with a 55-250 in hand with a receipt for a 50 1.2l.

If I don't get the 50mm it's no big deal.

cpforyou
283 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 06, 2010 10:16 |  #54

Darn. Just tried to add it. It's now out of stock. Let me know what you guys get.

DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
18,344 posts
Gallery: 46 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Jul 06, 2010 10:56 |  #55

mswobo wrote in post #10485258 (external link)
Walmart will figure this out and not honor any mistakes. Why should they?

Life is about taking the high road even if others dont.

Everyone here professional or newbie wouldnt want to be taken advantage of in anyway. What if you left your 580 exII on a table and the person who found it knew how to get it back to you, wouldnt you expect it back?

the thing is though...what would you do if you went to a garage/estate sale and found someone selling a $1,000 lens for $50...do you tell them then?

i wouldn't waste my time on this because you're dealing with a big corporation that's already covered themselves in case of this happening...but the garage sale...you're not really screwing over the person selling it because they don't know the value of it...and they'll probably be happy to get what they were asking...

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)

spotz04
Goldmember
1,971 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jul 06, 2010 11:01 |  #56

Jaymz wrote in post #10485563 (external link)
How many of you are the same people who scream lawsuit when someone copies one of your photos? Its all ok as long as its not the photographer being taken advantage of right?

True, but this is Walmart! :lol: Everyone sues that company for something.

Bfromaz
99 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jul 06, 2010 11:09 as a reply to  @ DreDaze's post |  #57

These "GREEDY" corporations are 100% fair game. They would throw you under the bus in a micro second if it meant more profit. Just take a look at the shape of our country because of all the GREED.

Walmart has a long history of corporate abuse... The reason thier web site is so messed up is more than likely because some poor american sap got out sourced and the replacement wouldn't know a flash from a lens. I really hope they have to honor this. And if not heres hoping for some real bad publicity for them.

No mercy for the greedy corporations out there.

Bfromaz

During the day I belong to the world of pain. At night I belong to Morpheus.

nekrosoft13
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,087 posts
Gallery: 185 photos
Joined Jun 2010

Jul 06, 2010 11:13 |  #58
bannedPermanent ban

Bfromaz wrote in post #10486218 (external link)

Bfromaz

yap, just look how much they care about their employees, and yet they make huge profits

even if every single member on this forum would get a Canon EF 50mm f1.2L for $230 it would not hurt their bottom line

Gear List

bwilking
282 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jul 06, 2010 11:22 |  #59

Yeah, I mean If they happen to send me a 50 1.2 Ill be happy. Im not going to go there DEMANDING they give me a lens for that price.

Think about it this way- on any given item as you find a lower and lower price, at what point does it become "unethical" to purchase it?

Canon EOS M | 22mm f/2 | 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | 135mm f/2.8 with Soft Focus

mpix345
Goldmember
2,870 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jul 06, 2010 11:51 |  #60

I hate Wal-Mart more than most anyone I know. My family does not shop there. Ever. If they went out of business tomorrow I'd throw a party. But what the hell does that matter? Greed in general is a major issue, be it at the corporate, investor or consumer level. No one gets a free pass.

Bfromaz wrote in post #10486218 (external link)
These "GREEDY" corporations are 100% fair game. They would throw you under the bus in a micro second if it meant more profit. Just take a look at the shape of our country because of all the GREED.

Walmart has a long history of corporate abuse... The reason thier web site is so messed up is more than likely because some poor american sap got out sourced and the replacement wouldn't know a flash from a lens. I really hope they have to honor this. And if not heres hoping for some real bad publicity for them.

Bfromaz

sponsored links

23,568 views & 0 likes for this thread
Walmart, wow, Canon EF 50mm f1.2L for $230
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.