I am getting tired of Windows. Thought about making the jump to a Macbook Pro.
Here are the specs and prices between the MBP and a Dell Studio 15. I used to build my own rigs but I don't have the time or patience anymore. Please look these over and tell me your (rational) thoughts. The screen size is not that big of a deal to me since I will use my 21" Samsung monitor as a second screen for editing.
Macbook Pro 13
- 13" LCD
- 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
- 250GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
- Backlit Keyboard (English) /
Dell Studio 15
- 15" LCD
- NEW 2010 Intel® Core™ i5-520M 2.40GHz (2.93Ghz Turbo Mode, 3M cache)
- Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit
- 6GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz
- 500GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
- ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470, 1GB
The Mac is $1199.00
The Dell is $ 1054.99
Bigger screen, more RAM with the Dell, but the stability of the Mac? I mainly use PS, LR, ACR and Bridge. I just want the most reliable, fastest of the 2 listed.
Thanks for looking and your input.