Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 06 Dec 2005 (Tuesday) 17:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What do your business cards look like?

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jul 14, 2010 16:02 |  #2161

ChrisMc73 wrote in post #10536492 (external link)
I'm all Mac, no PowerPoint, wouldn't work for me.

I believe Microsoft makes MS Office for Mac's. :D Plus you can get "Powerpoint Viewer" a program that allows you to view/run a power point presentation file. They also have a Word Viewer and probably an Excel Viewer too. These viewers are free downloads from Microsoft's website.

sponsored links
ChrisMc73
Goldmember
3,212 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jul 14, 2010 16:43 |  #2162

HappySnapper90 wrote in post #10536589 (external link)
I believe Microsoft makes MS Office for Mac's. :D Plus you can get "Powerpoint Viewer" a program that allows you to view/run a power point presentation file. They also have a Word Viewer and probably an Excel Viewer too. These viewers are free downloads from Microsoft's website.

I could do that but its the last thing I want to do and go through to get to someones "business card" information. Therefore it doesn't work for me.

puzzle
347 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jul 15, 2010 03:39 as a reply to  @ ChrisMc73's post |  #2163

Not quite a full business card yet although it will probably be taking up one full side but my designer friend just came up with this draft logo for me so I thought it would be great to hear what you guys from the forum make of it.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Canon5D mkII | 50D | Canon 24-70 f2.8L | Canon EF 85 f1.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex ii *2 | Elinchrom Skyports | Macbook Pro
http://www.paulwills.c​om (external link)

mickeyjuice
Cream of the Crop
7,876 posts
Joined May 2003

Jul 15, 2010 05:14 |  #2164
bannedPermanent ban

puzzle wrote in post #10539943 (external link)
Not quite a full business card yet although it will probably be taking up one full side but my designer friend just came up with this draft logo for me so I thought it would be great to hear what you guys from the forum make of it.

I like it, but what is the star for?

cheers, juice (Canon shooter, Elinchrom lighter, but pretty much agnostic on brands.)

puzzle
347 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jul 15, 2010 06:04 as a reply to  @ mickeyjuice's post |  #2165

Well, actually the star doesn't hold any real significants ... yet but I guess the idea is that it will be my visual trademark, making my product instantly recognisable. But at least its not a picture of a camera right? ;)

Canon5D mkII | 50D | Canon 24-70 f2.8L | Canon EF 85 f1.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex ii *2 | Elinchrom Skyports | Macbook Pro

Mhappy
356 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jul 15, 2010 10:09 as a reply to  @ puzzle's post |  #2166

mickeyjuice wrote in post #10540169 (external link)
I like it, but what is the star for?

Well, Paul Stanley of KISS of course!!!

50D / XT (backup) / 17-85mm / 24-70mm f/2.8 L / 50mm f/1.8 / 2- 430 EX Speedlite and a Fonger (I know most photogs hate it, but I like it!) / Everything else I use... I rent! ;-)a

mickeyjuice
Cream of the Crop
7,876 posts
Joined May 2003

Jul 15, 2010 16:15 |  #2167
bannedPermanent ban

puzzle wrote in post #10540288 (external link)
Well, actually the star doesn't hold any real significants ... yet but I guess the idea is that it will be my visual trademark, making my product instantly recognisable. But at least its not a picture of a camera right? ;)

At least it's not that, agreed :-)

Was just asking because if it's NOT your symbol then it wouldn't belong, but if it is, then cool.

cheers, juice (Canon shooter, Elinchrom lighter, but pretty much agnostic on brands.)

puzzle
347 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jul 16, 2010 02:20 as a reply to  @ mickeyjuice's post |  #2168

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. Awesome! So now I just have to go out and take great pictures to make this symbol mean something. haha

dollei
557 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jul 16, 2010 03:58 |  #2169

What do you guys think of this? Just front for now. The back will have my contact info of course.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

5D | 17-40L | 50 1.4 | 135L | AB800 | 550ex
website (external link) |flickr (external link) | tumblr (external link) | facebook (external link)

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jul 16, 2010 08:56 |  #2170

dollei wrote in post #10546597 (external link)
What do you guys think of this? Just front for now. The back will have my contact info of course.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

Show the back too. How you show your contact info is as important as anything else on your card.

farelyk301
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Jul 18, 2010 22:13 |  #2171

StretchSTI wrote in post #10440918 (external link)
So then heres my question.

I shoot all different types of Photography. one weekend I can be shooting a wedding and then the next I can be sitting on the side of a road shooting motorcycle riders. I don't want to hand a motorcycle rider a card that has a wedding photo on one side. The way I have been solving this problem is have specific cards for specific types of photography. But what about the general public. Joe shmoe who walks up to me while I am walking around randomly with my camera. I need a general card. What is a good card to use, you know, coming for a design point like you all are...

Like most people said, aside from the name (even with some people that doesn't count) nothing says photography about their card. Like the lightbox card, aside from the name, nothing said photography. But I have to agree, its an awesome card

This may have been mentioned earlier... it is late, and I don't feel like reading every reply, but how about one side of the card being your info and the other side a collage of your work? This way it shows the versatility of your work? Just bomb your audience with all of your work? Besides who is to say that the motorcyclist doesn't like to look at pictures of weddings and flowers?

never mind... I'm going to use this for my own freelance graphic design business cards.. boo yah. See I knew I was awake for a reason!

shoryuken
38 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 18, 2010 22:26 |  #2172

Here is mine:

IMAGE: http://www.jeffkwok.com/jk_card.jpg

SamHunter
960 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jul 20, 2010 17:10 |  #2173

Finally got em in from Taste of Ink. In person, the red side is fine in a well lit area and impossible to read in a darker area.

IMAGE: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4139/4813022355_963991e131_b.jpg

Louisville, Kentucky Wedding and Portrait Photography (external link)
The Blog (external link)
5D - 7D - 35L - 70-200 2.8L IS - Sigma 10-20 UWA - 580EXII - (2) Vivitar 285HV
flickr (external link)

Karl ­ Johnston
Cream of the Crop
9,334 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jul 21, 2010 02:50 |  #2174
bannedPermanent ban

Looks awesome sam!

Adventurous Photographer, Writer (external link) & Wedding Photographer (external link)

SamHunter
960 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jul 21, 2010 11:41 |  #2175

Thanks. I wish the red site would show up a bit more, but what's important is the other side.

Louisville, Kentucky Wedding and Portrait Photography (external link)
The Blog (external link)
5D - 7D - 35L - 70-200 2.8L IS - Sigma 10-20 UWA - 580EXII - (2) Vivitar 285HV
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

1,460,947 views & 11 likes for this thread
What do your business cards look like?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.