Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 23 Jul 2010 (Friday) 20:34
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sakar 2x teleconverter

Kingnog
310 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jul 23, 2010 20:34 |  #1

I'm just wondering, will this teleconverter work and autofocus with any canon mount lens as long as it is f/2.8? Specifically, the sigma 50mm macro?

http://www.abesofmaine​.com …?item=SK2XAFC&i​d=SK2XAFC& (external link)

Thanks!

sponsored links
paradiddleluke
Goldmember
3,594 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jul 23, 2010 20:38 |  #2

as long as it is a canon mount sigma I'd assume so as they would all be EOS mounts, if you are dropping 250 on a teleconverter why not just get the canon and be sure about image quality as well as autofocus communication?

Website (external link) | Chicago Actor Headshots (external link) | Gear | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | 500px (external link) | Youtube (external link) | Facebook (external link)
- Luke S -

lannes
Goldmember
4,370 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jul 24, 2010 00:15 |  #3

paradiddleluke wrote in post #10592590 (external link)
as long as it is a canon mount sigma I'd assume so as they would all be EOS mounts, if you are dropping 250 on a teleconverter why not just get the canon and be sure about image quality as well as autofocus communication?

+1 a bit expensive for an unknown TC, best spend a bit more and get the Canon.

1Dx, 1DM4, 5DM2, 7D, EOS-M, 8-15L, 17-40L, 24 TSE II, 24-105L, 50L, 85L II, 100L, 135L, 200L f/2.8, 300L f/4, 70-200L II, 70-300L, 400Lf/5.6

nureality
Goldmember
3,611 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 24, 2010 00:28 |  #4

A) That TC is a non-reporting hunk of junk... plus $250 is more money than a Kenko TelePlus PRO300, or TelePlus TGX.

B) Abe's Of Maine is a bunch of crooks... that price is rediculous... those cheapo Sakar (a.k.a Digital Concepts, Digital Innovations, BOWER) TC's can had on ebay for $130 or less.

Here's one for $30 (external link)

C) The IQ is sooooooooooo bad on those that the fact that it mounts won't matter. Imagine putting a piece of plastic wrap on your lens, and you have an idea of the IQ. CA is off the charts, sharpness is a long-forgotten memory, AF never works well with those.

D) Lastly, why would you want to add this to a 50/2.8 Macro when you own the 100/2.8 Macro? You realize that the 50/2.8 will become a 100/5.6 and won't be all that sharp before f/8. Its not worth it.

Alan "NuReality" Fronshtein
Gear List | PBase |  (external link)flickr (external link)
Lots of Fun, Lots of Laughs, Happy Trigger Finger!

SiaoP
Goldmember
1,406 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jul 24, 2010 03:24 |  #5

Are you getting this as a gift or something? Save yourself the trouble and get the real one. The image quality already gets pretty distorted at 2x. Go with the canon.

My Flickr (external link) | Gear List

Kingnog
THREAD ­ STARTER
310 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jul 24, 2010 09:12 |  #6

Thanks for the replies. No need to be so upset! I was just asking because I am trying to sell the 50mm macro and someone asked me if it will be compatible with it.

I know better than to buy that :D

sponsored links

4,746 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sakar 2x teleconverter
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.