Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 23 Jul 2010 (Friday) 20:16
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Cyber Syncs

entrefoto
970 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Jul 23, 2010 20:16 |  #1

I just received my new cyber syncs in the mail a couple of days ago. I am very impressed with the quality of these compared to my old pocket wizard plus II transceivers. They are very well built and seem to function flawlessly so far. I will do a test shoot with them tomorrow night to test them with my 430 speedlites. I sold 2 pocket wizards to purchase 2 receivers and 2 transmitters and had $10 left over. Pretty sweet deal!

6D | 35mm f/2 IS USM | 200mm f/2.8 L II | Lensbaby Spark | 430EX II | MacBook Pro | Lightroom 4 | Lowepro Flipside Sport | pelican 1514

sponsored links
poloman
Cream of the Crop
5,442 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jul 23, 2010 21:53 |  #2

I have used mine since they first came out. They have never failed me...not one pop.

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my right hand!" Steven Wright

theextremist04
Goldmember
1,224 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Jul 23, 2010 22:25 |  #3

I love mine...flawless as far as I'm concerned.

-Michael
Gear - Flickr (external link) - Website (external link) - Facebook (external link)

dinanm3atl
Goldmember
3,123 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jul 23, 2010 22:31 |  #4

Flawless is the word I would use.

Halston - MotorSports Photographer
1Dx - 1Dx - A7r - 400L f/2.8 - 70-200L f/2.8 - 24-105L f/4 - 17-40L f/4 - 50 f/1.4 - 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye - 1.4x TC - 2x TC
Photography Site (external link)

HeadShotz
160 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jul 23, 2010 22:50 |  #5

Own six receivers and two transmitters. Over two years of solid use in all environments and not one single missed shot due to the cybersyncs......

entrefoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
970 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Jul 24, 2010 00:05 |  #6

HeadShotz wrote in post #10593136 (external link)
Own six receivers and two transmitters. Over two years of solid use in all environments and not one single missed shot due to the cybersyncs......

Good to hear. I am excited to start using them. I especially love the size of the transmitters compared to the pocket wizards.

6D | 35mm f/2 IS USM | 200mm f/2.8 L II | Lensbaby Spark | 430EX II | MacBook Pro | Lightroom 4 | Lowepro Flipside Sport | pelican 1514

Mothafizzy
292 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jul 24, 2010 14:36 |  #7

Agree'd. Though P-dubs are considered the "pro" choice you could say, Cyber's feel much more portable and just as reliable, having used both before. I haven't seen a good reason to pay the difference in pocket wizards, these are amazing.

Flickr (external link)

poloman
Cream of the Crop
5,442 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jul 24, 2010 15:34 |  #8

Make sure you keep a spare battery for the transmitter in your bag.

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my right hand!" Steven Wright

grewbek
243 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jul 24, 2010 21:43 |  #9

Yup, they're pretty sweet for the price. I've got 2 receivers and 1 transmitter (about a month after they were released) and they just work. And work. And work....

+1 on the spare coin battery for the transmitter.

Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

1,775 views & 0 likes for this thread
Cyber Syncs
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.