Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 27 Jul 2010 (Tuesday) 17:38
Search threadPrev/next
POLL: "Which one do you think works best?"
61.5%
15.4%
15.4%
7.7%
0%

13 voters, 13 votes given (1 choice only choices can be voted per member)). VOTING IS FOR MEMBERS ONLY.
BROWSE ALL POLLS
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Reshot: Concept shot

Mike787
222 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jul 27, 2010 17:38 |  #1

I posted a concept shot for a piece of marketing material about a month ago (Original Thread). The general consensus was that it was missing something, and I agreed.

I went back and reshot a modified scene and I like it much better right now - at the very least its a step in the right direction. I'd love to know what you guys think of it, which composition works best and if you like it with one/all the lights on or off (I have to digitally turn the lights on and I haven't gotten around to that yet). All cc welcome - #1 is my favorite right now but let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

I have a few more angles but they are somewhat similar to some here. If necessary I'll post them.

Canon EOS 1000D | Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG II | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | EF-S 18-55mm IS f/3.5-5.6
My Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
EmmaRose
Goldmember
1,311 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jul 27, 2010 18:43 |  #2

The reflections in the lightbulbs are very distracting

Gear. Flickr. (external link)

Mike787
THREAD ­ STARTER
222 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jul 27, 2010 19:37 |  #3

Thanks, I'll take those out.

Canon EOS 1000D | Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG II | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | EF-S 18-55mm IS f/3.5-5.6

joedlh
Cream of the Crop
5,319 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Dec 2007
Location: Long Island, NY, N. America, Sol III, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Cluster, Laniakea.

Jul 27, 2010 19:39 as a reply to  @ Mike787's post |  #4

Maybe you could try a reshoot without the white wall. I think the light bulbs get lost in it.

Joe
Gear: Kodak Instamatic, Polaroid Swinger. Oh you meant gear now. :rolleyes:
http://photo.joedlh.ne​t (external link)
Editing ok

corkneyfonz
Goldmember
2,477 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jul 27, 2010 20:24 |  #5

If I recall from your original thread you wanted to convey a going green type scenario. I therefore would be tempted to convert the terracotta pots to green and mask one bulb so that again it is green. Thus your message would be a little stronger. Unfortunately you do not have edit permission turned on so I will not insult you by posting my interpretation. Image no2 gets my vote by the way.

Mike787
THREAD ­ STARTER
222 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jul 27, 2010 21:15 as a reply to  @ corkneyfonz's post |  #6

I was experimenting with the bulbs on earlier. This was a quick edit, let me know what you guys think - I've also changed edit permissions to allow editing for the time being.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Flo
Gimmie Some Lovin
44,987 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jul 27, 2010 23:02 as a reply to  @ Mike787's post |  #7

Too many bulbs.even just two / one front one back, would convey the message for me?

Your African violets are also not in the best shape.pick off the spotted leaves.

I would leave them all in the terra cotta pots, the plastic doesn't say "green" to me?

Making things green doesn't mean it is green...:D It has to be environmentally green.
Again, you forgot the "energy saving" bulb?:cool:
I like this idea better though!

you're a great friend, but if Zombies chase us, I am tripping you.

WisconsinLens
43 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 27, 2010 23:24 |  #8

I agree. The first thing I noticed is that the pots don't match. Nice concept though.

Canon XTi | EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM | EF 50mm 1.8 USM | Sigma APO 70-200mm f/2.8 II EX DG Macro HSM | Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM | Speedlite 380ex

juxtagirl
185 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Jul 28, 2010 00:16 |  #9

Wet your soil down. It will look more appealing. You may also try a photo of one bulb in one pot and a couple leaves growing under the bulb as if the bulb was the fruit or flower of the plant.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Gripped :: Canon EOS 30D :: 24-105mm f/4L IS USM :: 50mm f/1.8 :: 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS :: 3 B800's :: ABR800 w/ moon unit :: AB 42" PLM v1:: AB 86" white PLM v2 :: AB 64" silver PLM v2 :: 32x40 AB Softbox :: AB White Beauty Dish :: Metz 48AF-1 :: and a pretty Cheeky Lime bag :)

Mike787
THREAD ­ STARTER
222 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jul 28, 2010 08:11 |  #10

Ok, these are great suggestions. The only reason I didn't use the fluorescent bulbs was because I didn't have enough to fill the display. I'll reshoot when I get back home and I'll isolate one pot with a 'green' fluorescent bulb and a plant.

telephoto500
155 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Jul 28, 2010 09:26 |  #11

get them to light up, 9V batteries and small light bulbs from radioshak

shuttertreasure.com
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/138443754@N08/ (external link)

sponsored links

1,436 views & 0 likes for this thread
Reshot: Concept shot
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.