CyberDyneSystems wrote in post #10624779
The results are impressive I must say, I would not have expected the TC to play nice with such a wide lens!
agreed, this has my wheels spinning all over again...
MichaelBernard wrote in post #10654020
I'm sorry why would you not just go Sigma 12-24mm and call it a day? You can get them used for about the same price as this combo no?
filter use would be awesome at 14mm on FF... If it's possible.
DreDaze wrote in post #10751814
i don't see the point of this...adding the 1.4X puts you at 15.6mm...i always thought i heard the 11-16mm stops vignetting on FF at ~15-16mm...so you're adding the 1.4X for no reason it seems
the 11-16mm is only good at 16mm and only stopped down and even then it's still got soft corners (if you were landscaping they're pretty obvious).
so, from what we've seen:
- this works very well with the 10-20mm sigma
- can that combo be used with filters?
- the 8-16 (11.2-22.4) seems to have enough issues, the 12-24mm is a better option
- the 11-16mm doesn't make sense on the grounds that it's basically 16mm once converted with 1.4...
- what about canon's 10-22? It's slightly better than sigma's 10-20 optically, AND it covers the whole FF sensor at about 14mm on it's own, so it could be BETTER? (needs to not have the EF-S baffle at the back).
I really wish I knew about this last week though. I was doing my 7D-vs-5Dii tests with a 10-22 that's already converted to EF. It mounts on FF but it's corners are ALWAYS soft (because you're at the edge of the image circle). But it looks like it'd work on 1.3 no problem, but if I'd had a 1.4TC I could have used the 10-22 on the FF w/o any issues?
Do, do filters work guys?
What TCs work for this? The kenko obviously, but do any of the others?