Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
Thread started 04 Aug 2010 (Wednesday) 02:13
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Newborn photography 8 days old i got 'the pose'

moeronn
Goldmember
2,516 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Aug 04, 2010 13:14 |  #16

These are all fantastic. The lighting, poses, props and "sets" are all perfect. glad you got to use the stump you spend so many days carving out.

A few questions if you don't mind - Bobbytannehill makes reference to a wood floor setup. Are your floors set pieces? If so, about how big? Are the background wallpapers actual walls in your place or are they also part of your set? Any information and especially a behind the scenes shot would be greatly appreciated.

flickr (external link)

sponsored links
SnapsbyPoteat
982 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Aug 04, 2010 13:18 |  #17

Sorry you've been asked so many questions but I have one more, hehe
What is the green shaggy looking prop? Something you made, or something you bought? I noticed it in another session you did. Can you find it in other colors as well?
You are so creative in your newborn sessions- such an inspiration! :)

Gear list: Canon 5D Mk II, 7D tokina 11-16/2.8, Sigma 30 1.4 , Canon 50 1.2 L, 85 1.8,100 2.8 L macro, 580ex,
www.snapsbypoteat.com (external link) . Facebook Page (external link)The Blog (external link)
The wedding page www.melaniepoteat.com (external link)

sma1mom
187 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Aug 04, 2010 16:09 as a reply to  @ SnapsbyPoteat's post |  #18

Not sure what scrummy means, but I could just eat him up!!! Great photography too!!

misssassylassy
THREAD ­ STARTER
524 posts
Joined May 2009

Aug 04, 2010 16:34 |  #19

The wooden floor is a bamboo mat that rolls up its about 6' x 5'
The backdrop is just material hung up
The shaggy rug is a bath mat from a local department sore called debenhams it came in light blue and light grey too

Here are a couple of pull backs from an old shoot but the set up is basically the same

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Blog (external link) | Website | (external link) Flickr (external link)

sf1
Goldmember
2,020 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Aug 04, 2010 16:51 |  #20

Sarah,

As usual, you don't disappoint! Fabulous shots, great B&W conversions and excellent props.

Thank you for sharing your "behind the scene" shots as well....your are helping out many of us by doing this.

Canon 5DII, Canon 1D Mark II N
Canon 24-70 mm f/2.8 L, Canon 85 mm f/1.8, Canon 70 -200 mm f/2.8 IS L, Canon 400 mm f/5.6 L, Canon 50 mm f/1.4, Manfrotto 055XPROB & 488 RC2
Canon Speedlites 580 EX, 430 EX II & 3 PW II, iMac I7, MacBook Pro, Aperture 3, CS5

Blossom101
418 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Aug 04, 2010 17:17 |  #21

These are awesome! I know the parents love every one of them!

I have a few questions.

What lighting did you use?

I really love the last pictures in your gallery. (With the parents' holding the baby, black background) Did you just have them wear black? Did you have to do a lot of post processing on those images?

Did you use a boppy on your beanbag, or just a beanbag when you got "the pose".

I'm with the others, where did you get the barnwood flooring?

Thank you so much for sharing tips and pictures of your set up with us! It is such a big help!

moeronn
Goldmember
2,516 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Aug 04, 2010 17:34 |  #22

Sarah -

Thank you very much for the information and pullback shots. That is a very clever and practical setup you have.

Also, as sad as many may be that you're not going to be knitting (as much), congrats on the success of your photo business. With your tallent, it's no wonder you are so busy.

flickr (external link)

JoShAdKa4
267 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Aug 04, 2010 19:35 |  #23

moeronn wrote in post #10662768 (external link)
Sarah -

Also, as sad as many may be that you're not going to be knitting (as much), congrats on the success of your photo business. With your tallent, it's no wonder you are so busy.

What, I haven't placed my order yet?

Thank you! once again Sarah for sharing your beautiful photo's and knowledge with us! Absolutely beautiful, I too am in awe of your work... thank you, again!

Cindy

misssassylassy
THREAD ­ STARTER
524 posts
Joined May 2009

Aug 04, 2010 20:35 |  #24

Thanks so much for your awesome comments

To answer some questions
The floor i got off ebay
Lighting all natural
In the last lot of pics i just put a black sheet over mom
I have just put my Etsy shop on holiday until i finish my last few sessions as i just cant keep up lol so after the 4th sept i have no more shoots booked so i can open it again!

Grimlock
Goldmember
2,912 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Aug 05, 2010 02:29 |  #25

What can I say that hasn't been said already? These are simply as good as they get.

Keep on rocking it, and can't wait to see what you come up with next.

P.S. Congrats on the 5d mkII. :)

- Jerry | Zenfolio (external link)

| 5DMarkII | 15FE | 35L | 85L |

Shayebryd
111 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Aug 05, 2010 02:49 as a reply to  @ misssassylassy's post |  #26

Absolutely stunning as always, misssassylassy!

I have a few newborn sessions upcoming and for the life of me I cannot get the baby to balance on his little arms as you do.......would you mind detailing exactly how you do this? Some say they do composites.......other​s say the baby actually holds his own little head up......any advice greatly appreciated......in my sessions, the babies little head just smooches all up and slumps.....lol!

Also, how old is the baby in theses pix?

Also, for anyone interested....I am order some of these........check it out here, bamboo rug (external link)! They just got more back in stock!!!! :p

Canon 5D MKII, Canon 50D, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Canon 70-200mm L f/4 IS, Canon 17-55mm IS, Panasonic Lumix LX3
http://shayebryd.smugm​ug.com/ (external link)

iadubber
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Joined May 2009

Aug 05, 2010 10:47 |  #27

These are great! your lighting is superb!!

Buyer/Seller Feedback
Flickr (external link)

Michelle ­ Brooks ­ Photography
Goldmember
3,192 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Sep 2009

Aug 05, 2010 11:08 |  #28

Sarah, maybe I missed it in the posts, but if you have a forum on a blog or website where you give tips to photogs, I would love to know about it. I haven't gotten into infant sessions yet, but want to & really need help with the how to's of posing, props, etc. These are so, so stunning.

Michelle Brooks Photography (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link)
Gear List

misssassylassy
THREAD ­ STARTER
524 posts
Joined May 2009

Aug 05, 2010 17:44 |  #29

Shayebryd wrote in post #10665323 (external link)
Absolutely stunning as always, misssassylassy!

I have a few newborn sessions upcoming and for the life of me I cannot get the baby to balance on his little arms as you do.......would you mind detailing exactly how you do this? Some say they do composites.......other​s say the baby actually holds his own little head up......any advice greatly appreciated......in my sessions, the babies little head just smooches all up and slumps.....lol!

Also, how old is the baby in theses pix?

Also, for anyone interested....I am order some of these........check it out here, bamboo rug (external link)! They just got more back in stock!!!! :p

You can see how to get the pose here this is what i did

http://www.littlemoon.​jensnyderphotography.c​om/ (external link)

Sure Michelle i will pm it you

bellsandbabies
49 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Aug 05, 2010 17:50 |  #30

Did you use a bean bag to pose the baby first? I've been looking for one but not sure where to buy...or what size/shape to get...any advice? I love that pose and am hoping to nail it sooner then later! Great shots... ;o)

~Live Love Laugh every moment of every day
Canon 5d ii, Canon 5d classic, 28mm 1.8, 50mm 1.2L, 85 mm 1.8, 70-20mm 2.8L , 100 macro
https://www.facebook.c​om …babiesphotograp​hy?fref=ts (external link)
http://www.bellsandbab​ies.ca (external link)

sponsored links

25,385 views & 0 likes for this thread
Newborn photography 8 days old i got 'the pose'
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.