Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 10 Aug 2010 (Tuesday) 16:13
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

HELP!!!! I'm Desperate

jb_browneyes
Goldmember
2,107 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 10, 2010 16:13 |  #1

I had 300+ pics in my filmstrip (Develope Mod) I tried to export about 290 pics (ctr A) then (Ctr click) to deselect the ones I wanted to work on. clicked File- export- selected folder where I wanted them saved to and then Export. Next I went back to my filmstrip (the exported files were still highlighted) so I clicked delete on my keyboard (hoping to leave only the ones I still wanted to work on) After I clicked delete LR gave me the choice to remove from LR or disk. I chose LR. Next I had a pop up asking me about deleted photos and the options were to chose either click "ok" or show in library. I chose show in library. Now I can't kind bue 22 pics- -where ARE THE REST ! I've searched everywhere I know of. PLEASE PLEASE HELP I am desprate. thanks in advance

Jennifer
I only answer to THE highest authority

gear and website (external link)

sponsored links
tzalman
Fatal attraction.
13,481 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Aug 10, 2010 16:27 |  #2

If you only chose to remove them from the catalog they should still be in the folder where you put them originally when you copied them from the memory card to your hard disc. Use Explorer/Finder to open that folder. Of course by removing them from the catalog you have lost all your editing.

Elie / אלי

jb_browneyes
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,107 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 10, 2010 17:17 |  #3

tzalman wrote in post #10696505 (external link)
If you only chose to remove them from the catalog they should still be in the folder where you put them originally when you copied them from the memory card to your hard disc. Use Explorer/Finder to open that folder. Of course by removing them from the catalog you have lost all your editing.

I was afraid of that. I just wonder why it put Some of the edited pic where I told it to, but not all. Thank you for you time.

Jennifer

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 10, 2010 18:20 |  #4

Jennifer, I'm not clear about the sequence of what you did and what exactly you are seeing. Are you looking at the Lightroom folder where you exported the 290 pics from then deleted them from the catalog? And the 22 pics that you had deselected from exporting should be there but are not?

If you have the folder open in the Library and it's empty, try right-clicking on the folder and choosing to View it in Explorer (or you file browser) -- are the files in the system folder but not in Lightroom? That is the most likely thing -- that you inadvertently removed them from the catalog. Like Elie mentioned, you can reimport them but will lose any editing and keywords, etc that you added.

If they are not in the system folder, then that's another problem -- let us know!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

jb_browneyes
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,107 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 10, 2010 19:23 |  #5

tonylong wrote in post #10697063 (external link)
Jennifer, I'm not clear about the sequence of what you did and what exactly you are seeing. Are you looking at the Lightroom folder where you exported the 290 pics from then deleted them from the catalog? And the 22 pics that you had deselected from exporting should be there but are not?

If you have the folder open in the Library and it's empty, try right-clicking on the folder and choosing to View it in Explorer (or you file browser) -- are the files in the system folder but not in Lightroom? That is the most likely thing -- that you inadvertently removed them from the catalog. Like Elie mentioned, you can reimport them but will lose any editing and keywords, etc that you added.

If they are not in the system folder, then that's another problem -- let us know!

I'm pretty sure I know wht happened now. I think I went back and hit delete before ALL the files had finished exporting. (talk about a lesson learned I'll be up all night) I feel so stupid. Thank you two for helping me out.

Jennifer

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 10, 2010 19:29 |  #6

jb_browneyes wrote in post #10697413 (external link)
I'm pretty sure I know wht happened now. I think I went back and hit delete before ALL the files had finished exporting. (talk about a lesson learned I'll be up all night) I feel so stupid. Thank you two for helping me out.

Well, I've never tried that:)! I typically let an operation like Import or Export finish before launching into another operation just because I don't like trying to do things while a significant job is going on in the background that can tend to make what I'm doing "clunky", but what you did sounds...interesting!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

sharrowm
682 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2005

Aug 10, 2010 22:23 as a reply to  @ tonylong's post |  #7

I'm not sure what you did either, but if you are using a PC and "deleted from disk" the deleted photos should be in your recycle bin and can be restored. Of course, your LR edits will be gone unless you backed up your catalog since the edits were done. If so, you can restore your backup and have the edits intact too.

Marc

5D Mark II | 7D |17-40L | 24-105L IS| 70-200L 4.0 IS | 50 1.8 | 100mm macro|100-400L | 580EX
It never looks the same on the wall as it does in the paint can

andrersa
48 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Aug 11, 2010 01:18 |  #8

Jennifer, I have found a bug when I export like you and then some photos are missing in the develop or Library modules. Then right click on the location and select synchronise folder which then adds the missing photos back into the catalogue. Try that.

Hope it helps

sponsored links

1,468 views & 0 likes for this thread
HELP!!!! I'm Desperate
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.