Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 16 Aug 2010 (Monday) 09:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Unable to import picture from 30D

Shutter22
I'm very sensitive
1,379 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Aug 16, 2010 09:14 |  #1

Hello everyone!

It's been quite a while since I posted, but I have run into a problem to which I cannot find the answer.

I have a 30D, I bought it, I believe, 3 or 4 years ago.

I've never ever ever had an issue importing photos. I took around 2000 pictures the other day[working on a stop motion] it imported about 200 pictures then it stopped because the batteries in my camera died[my charger broke and I had to order a new one and I was hoping to import them all before my batteries died]. I know, I know. Use a CF card reader. I don't have one and I am dead broke. I have never had an issue with importing directly from my camera in the years I have been using DSLRs.

When I finally got my batteries all juiced up I plugged the camera in, loaded lightroom[2] and it crashed. Froze entirely, I had to force quit to get out. I loaded lightroom first, then tried plugging my camera in. Again, froze and had to force quit.

Oddly enough, the same exact thing happened when I tried to import using iPhoto instead.

I have been trying every day to see if it changes and it does not.

Today I tried importing them onto my Dad's PC, but when trying to load them into lightroom the camera is recognized but it says "no photos were found to import."

I tried manually getting them off and using windows camera wizard, but it wouldn't allow it because ti said the device was in use.

I'm really desperate guys. I would like to try to reformat my card, but I have a paid job on here as well that I took right after the 2000 stop motion pictures.

Danielle
http://flickr.com/phot​os/danielledeleon/ (external link)https://photography-on-the.net/forum/danielle​.dphoto.com

Lowner
"I'm the original idiot"
12,924 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 16, 2010 09:33 |  #2

Your camera might be seeing files names already on your PC and refusing to upload. At least this happened to my 30D once when the upload was interrupted.

Canon helpdesk told me my only solution was to buy a card reader and upload via that (I normally upload directly from camera). This creates a different file structure which seems to fool whatever prevented it from uploading.

But I suggest you talk to them about your specific problem, because it might not be the same as mine.

I should warn you, if the problem and solution are the same as mine, you have a lot of work ahead of you sorting out the chaos and renaming everything, but at least you will have them. Meanwhile on no account reformat the card until all this is sorted.

Richard

http://rcb4344.zenfoli​o.com (external link)

Shutter22
THREAD ­ STARTER
I'm very sensitive
1,379 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Aug 16, 2010 09:36 |  #3

Lowner wrote in post #10730710 (external link)
Your camera might be seeing files names already on your PC and refusing to upload. At least this happened to my 30D once when the upload was interrupted.

I thought this may be the problem, but it wouldn't import pictures to my father's computer either. I haven't uploaded pictures to his computer for over a year.

Danielle
http://flickr.com/phot​os/danielledeleon/ (external link)https://photography-on-the.net/forum/danielle​.dphoto.com

Lowner
"I'm the original idiot"
12,924 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 16, 2010 09:46 |  #4

Maybe the camera remembers uploading somehow? I don't know what stops an upload duplicating itself but I bet Canon can help.

Richard

http://rcb4344.zenfoli​o.com (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,429 views & 0 likes for this thread
Unable to import picture from 30D
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.