Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 16 Aug 2010 (Monday) 22:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Thinking of making the switch - grass greener?

MichaelBernard
Goldmember
3,586 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Aug 19, 2010 12:57 |  #61
bannedPermanent ban

Pfft.....

-turns up nose at crop-

:lol:

http://www.Michael-Bernard.com (external link)"I think that there will be people disappointed in any camera short of the one that summons the ghost of Ansel Adams to come and press the shutter button for them." -lazer-jock

sponsored links
swerv927
THREAD ­ STARTER
108 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Aug 19, 2010 13:00 |  #62

hahaha be nice Mike. I tried going FF but your focus system was killing me. This will hold me out until some time next year. Ive done fine with crop so far, i can do a few more months. :lol:

Irving Jai
IrvingJai photography (external link)

MichaelBernard
Goldmember
3,586 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Aug 19, 2010 13:02 |  #63
bannedPermanent ban

swerv927 wrote in post #10751054 (external link)
hahaha be nice Mike. I tried going FF but your focus system was killing me. This will hold me out until some time next year. Ive done fine with crop so far, i can do a few more months. :lol:

Eh no big loss for you really, you came from a cropper.

p.s. My focus system is just fine thank you very much. :)

http://www.Michael-Bernard.com (external link)"I think that there will be people disappointed in any camera short of the one that summons the ghost of Ansel Adams to come and press the shutter button for them." -lazer-jock

vipergts831
Has the TF retired? Or just being utterly lazy?
43,923 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined Apr 2009
Location: Taking better shots with an iPhone than MDJAK with a 1DX

Aug 19, 2010 13:06 |  #64

Welcome to the other side:

IMAGE: http://www.freecomputerdesktopwallpaper.com/new_wallpaper/Darth_Vader_mask_Star_Wars_free_computer_desktop_wallpaper_800.jpg

...and better focus than the 5d family ;):lol::p

-Omar- Flickr (external link) , 5px (external link)
Phaseone 645DF+...because only the best will make up for my lack of skills.
Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

MichaelBernard
Goldmember
3,586 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Aug 19, 2010 13:44 |  #65
bannedPermanent ban

^ You know Vader dies at the end....right?

vipergts831
43,923 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Aug 19, 2010 13:48 |  #66

MichaelBernard wrote in post #10751338 (external link)
^ You know Vader dies at the end....right?

Oh im fully aware of it. We usually call Nikon the dark side. So im just welcoming him over ;):D

Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

enrigonz
Goldmember
1,637 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Aug 19, 2010 13:53 |  #67

Yeah, stay with Nikon.....

Canon Stuff :) |Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

MichaelBernard
Goldmember
3,586 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Aug 19, 2010 13:56 |  #68
bannedPermanent ban

vipergts831 wrote in post #10751360 (external link)
Oh im fully aware of it. We usually call Nikon the dark side. So im just welcoming him over ;):D

FYI- The Dark Side isn't better or stronger... It's just quicker, easier, and more seductive.

vipergts831
43,923 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Aug 19, 2010 14:00 |  #69

enrigonz wrote in post #10751389 (external link)
Yeah, stay with Nikon.....

Umm he posted up a pic of a canon 7D as his choice ;)

vipergts831
43,923 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Aug 19, 2010 14:00 |  #70

MichaelBernard wrote in post #10751412 (external link)
FYI- The Dark Side isn't better or stronger... It's just quicker, easier, and more seductive.

Just the way i like my wom....errr never mind ;):lol:

jdang307
780 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 19, 2010 14:02 |  #71

As long as Nikon doesn't top the 135L I don't think I'd ever jump. Although those outer points on my 5d II ...

monk3y
Totally Saturated
46,198 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 19, 2010 20:19 |  #72

nikon-canon-nikon-canon-nikon-canon-nikon...

haha we will always be curious as to what the other side is up to... it will never end :)

all Canon needs is something in the tune of the D700... IQ wise, build, AF speed,ISO performance. then I guess all these grass greener thing will stop (for a while) hehe...

and Nikon shooters will take a good hard look at that model and look at the gazillion amount of Canon lenses to use and might drool and shift to Canon.

then suddenly, Nikon ups the ante with a D3x mini with a $2000 price point. and people go gaga again and then we go in circles again. hehehe

oh well as long as the discussion is healthy, keep it coming guys :)

www.monk3y.com (external link) | My GEAR

RobDickinson
Goldmember
4,003 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Apr 2010

Aug 19, 2010 20:23 |  #73

hmmm that 50 looks good on the 7D!

www.HeroWorkshops.com (external link) - www.rjd.co.nz (external link) - www.zarphag.com (external link)
Gear: A7r, 6D, Irix 15mmf2.4 , canon 16-35f4L, Canon 24mm TS-E f3.5 mk2, Sigma 50mm art, 70-200f2.8L, 400L. Lee filters, iOptron IPano, Emotimo TB3, Markins, Feisol, Novoflex, Sirui. etc.

anthony11
Goldmember
2,148 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Aug 20, 2010 12:30 |  #74

monk3y wrote in post #10753615 (external link)
all Canon needs is something in the tune of the D700... IQ wise, build, AF speed,ISO performance. then I guess all these grass greener thing will stop (for a while) hehe...

They also need to start caring about QC. One sees far more reports of having to send gear in to Canon, especially OOTB, than to Nikon.

and Nikon shooters will take a good hard look at that model and look at the gazillion amount of Canon lenses to use and might drool and shift to Canon.

They're improving, but there's still no modern 85mm f/1.8. Canon's pricing, though, is increasingly comparable to Nikon's, so the appeal of less expense from Canon gear is disappearing.

5D2, 24-105L, 85mm f/1.8, MP960, HG21, crumbling G6+R72, Brownian toddler

monk3y
Totally Saturated
46,198 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 20, 2010 21:35 |  #75

anthony11 wrote in post #10757285 (external link)
They also need to start caring about QC. One sees far more reports of having to send gear in to Canon, especially OOTB, than to Nikon.

They're improving, but there's still no modern 85mm f/1.8. Canon's pricing, though, is increasingly comparable to Nikon's, so the appeal of less expense from Canon gear is disappearing.

yes, the new generation Canon lenses have all been almost at par with the Nikon equivalent. one advantage of Canon though is it still has a lot of old lenses that are still good and cheaper than the Nikon equivalent.

regarding QC, I am not sure, but I heard Nikon's lower end cameras also has a lot of issues. higher end though have lesser issues or maybe less buyer overall. so I guess it really depends on where/what forum you hang out.

here in POTN, all you will ever hear is complaints about Canon cameras...go to another forum and you will hear all about the complaints Re: Nikon cameras.

www.monk3y.com (external link) | My GEAR

sponsored links

8,056 views & 0 likes for this thread
Thinking of making the switch - grass greener?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.