Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 16 Aug 2010 (Monday) 01:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Wipe out hawaiian style

LONDON808
THREAD ­ STARTER
872 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Aug 17, 2010 00:53 |  #16

Well insurance ajuster called and told me he's got to do an investigation but it looks like I'm gona get paid 12-30 days, told me it will be at what they value it at (depricated) pity I can't find the recipt that says the camera cost me over 1k ( got it when xsi just came out)

So not realy sure what there Going to pay but think I'm gona upgrade to a t1 as I have batteries that will fit it

View My Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
neilwood32
Cream of the Crop
6,231 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 17, 2010 07:14 |  #17

Good news about the insurance - shame about the depreciation though.

It might still be worth a little mention (as Wilt suggests) of a "tort negligence" to the mall (they knew of the danger but were negligent in their failure to remedy the situation) as this would affect their insurance position (their insurer might be very wary of covering an ongoing maintenance issue). You may get an ex gratia payment from the mall for keeping your mouth shut!

Having a camera makes you no more a photographer than having a hammer and some nails makes you a carpenter - Claude Adams
Keep calm and carry a camera!
My Gear

neeko
Miss Film 2015
1,925 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Aug 17, 2010 07:20 |  #18

Nooooo! *sad face*

| Gear | Feedback | DA (external link) | NG (external link) | Flickr (external link) | UCPC | Pie |

kinghong1970
Goldmember
2,093 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Aug 17, 2010 09:54 |  #19

ya know, first thing i'd do in an event like this when a property is damaged, is to file a police report... and get a copy of it...

Albert the Clumsy Ape
GEAR | FEEDBACK | REVIEW | KING OF GREENE STREET (external link) | FS: Gitzo GT1550T, Photoclam PC30N

LONDON808
THREAD ­ STARTER
872 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Aug 17, 2010 10:36 |  #20

File a police report for what?
Th epolice have better things to do then stand around for an hour listing to me say a plant pot fell over

Only reason you have to call the police in a car accident is because it's the law

LONDON808
THREAD ­ STARTER
872 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Aug 17, 2010 18:59 |  #21

Just picked up a t1i kit
Priced 799
Price matched to SAMs club at 699
And saved another 10% because that's what thy give you if you find some one cheaper

Got it at sears

lespaulowner
809 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 18, 2010 04:40 |  #22

Wow. Hope to hear good results!

Antonio
I'm a level 14 photographer who can't defeat the Paintball Gym leader known as Gary Baum until I get the 300mm 2.8L IS II USM stone.
flickr (external link)

neilwood32
Cream of the Crop
6,231 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 18, 2010 06:39 |  #23

LONDON808 wrote in post #10740560 (external link)
Just picked up a t1i kit
Priced 799
Price matched to SAMs club at 699
And saved another 10% because that's what thy give you if you find some one cheaper

Got it at sears

Good result.

Glad everything worked out.

Having a camera makes you no more a photographer than having a hammer and some nails makes you a carpenter - Claude Adams
Keep calm and carry a camera!
My Gear

LONDON808
THREAD ­ STARTER
872 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Aug 19, 2010 14:32 |  #24

replace everything

$1328 total - got to get the recipts to the insurance adjuster and then wait for the $

LONDON808
THREAD ­ STARTER
872 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Aug 26, 2010 02:17 |  #25

Check received in the mail today -
the insurance company said the camera is mine to do with as i like - gona take it into canon and see what they can do

KenjiS
"Holy crap its long!"
21,388 posts
Gallery: 572 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Oct 23, 2010 19:44 |  #26

neilwood32 wrote in post #10736619 (external link)
Good news about the insurance - shame about the depreciation though.

It might still be worth a little mention (as Wilt suggests) of a "tort negligence" to the mall (they knew of the danger but were negligent in their failure to remedy the situation) as this would affect their insurance position (their insurer might be very wary of covering an ongoing maintenance issue). You may get an ex gratia payment from the mall for keeping your mouth shut!

Sadly, Welcome to the world of Small Claims, You're entitled to be made "whole" again in small claims, In this case, yes, thats the depreciated value of whatever it is you've had, Or what it costs to replace -precisely- what you had....

Honestly, its not fair if the OP got the original value of a 4 year old camera, Sorry OP if i sound harsh about this...

Gear, New and Old! RAW Club Member
Wanted: 70-200. Time and good health
Deviantart (external link)
Flickr (This is where my good stuff is!) (external link)

sponsored links

6,175 views & 0 likes for this thread
Wipe out hawaiian style
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.