Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 14 Aug 2010 (Saturday) 17:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Totally discussed!

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Aug 17, 2010 00:49 |  #76

Buckeye1 wrote in post #10735363 (external link)
Dude, you whole argument is based solely on an assumption as though you knew what happened and why I didn't pay right-a-way. You assumed that I am one of those buyers that would agreed to pay and do not. You know what they say, you assume that way because that is what you would do.

What would you rather me do...no responding to his pm after he sends me his paypal address or atleast give him a sense of peace that I got his pm and will pay soon....that is not "still hashing out", so don't add something to my post. Where did I say that my family was impatient? I just say they were important to me.

Do you not see the contradiction of your approach and in your posts in this thread? Forget emotions and opinions of honor, loyalty, etc etc etc. Think logically.

You already told us why you didn't send payment right away...you had to get to dinner, with family, on your birthday. That's all well and good. HOWEVER, you could have sent the payment instead of a message saying you'll send payment. You said your family was already waiting. If they're not getting impatient, they can wait a few more minutes while you fire off a PayPal payment. If they ARE getting impatient, then you probably shouldn't have kept them waiting while you were haggling - on your birthday - right up until dinner. Especially since you proclaim all three (family, dinner, birthday) are more important (as they should be) than making a deal over something that's commonly available and can therefore be purchased another day when the three (family, dinner, birthday) are not such pressing matters.

As a buyer, as soon as I get the PayPal address I'm logging onto PayPal. I'm not logging on to POTN to say I'll be logging on to PayPal later. One takes just as long as the other.

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

sponsored links
tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,567 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Aug 17, 2010 01:01 |  #77

I'm pretty sure the OP could have found another one of whatever he was trying to buy if the effort was put into that instead of this rant.

Taylor
Galleries: Flickr (external link)
60D | ELPH 330 | iPhone 5s

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Aug 17, 2010 01:11 |  #78

Probably. He said earlier there would be no problem finding another.

I just don't get why someone would send a message saying they will pay, when they can just pay right then and there instead. A message from PayPal saying I've just received a payment can substitute for a PM containing a few social graces just fine and dandy. :lol:

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

Buckeye1
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,385 posts
Gallery: 57 photos
Joined May 2005

Aug 17, 2010 06:38 |  #79

Rightly so, please do close the thread, thanks. I did try have have no way to do it myself.

Ben

T.D. wrote in post #10735450 (external link)
Folks, let's stick to the topic and stop the outlandish nonsense.

Otherwise, this thread is going to go down in flames. I'd hate to see some of you go down with it.

alpha_1976
Goldmember
3,960 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Aug 17, 2010 06:58 |  #80

And remember if you send an offer it becomes even more difficult to get (particularly if the offer you made is a little tight). If you send an offer and it's accepted pay it right away and make it your own.

Edit: And no one should assume that whoever is saying that you should have jumped on the item is going to do the same as a seller (what the seller did in your case) which is wrong.

I know more about gear than I know about photography :p
Gear List

tekkie
Goldmember
2,621 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Aug 17, 2010 10:38 |  #81

wow all this over such a simple thing, unfortunately there are tons of people that say I am going to send payment etc and they never do it so people just assume (like me these days) that until you send payment you dont want it

I just went through over 2 months of a woman wanting my 40D, yup for sure, I will send you payment, oh I got this question and that question that I already had answered, I will send you payment on friday, same dumb questions again, I want it for sure I will send you the payment on monday, and then finally nope I dont want it

had the same thing from a bunch of people from craigslist on a few cameras as well, I want it for sure, can you hold onto it, I will send you the money X date, never to be heard from again

there are many people that like to haggle and waste the sellers time, or try to nickel and dime them to death, ok I wont give you 700 but I will give you 680.... seriously if you cant afford the extra 20 bucks you shouldnt be buying it to begin with !

Canon 1DMKII, 7D, 5DMKII, 1D MKII
Canon 500L, 100-400L
, 70-200 2.8L, 17-40L, 24-105L, 24mm 2.8,50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 135mm 2.8 SF, 100mm Macro
Canon 430 & 580 flashes

TSY87
637 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Aug 17, 2010 14:23 |  #82

tekkie wrote in post #10737607 (external link)
wow all this over such a simple thing, unfortunately there are tons of people that say I am going to send payment etc and they never do it so people just assume (like me these days) that until you send payment you dont want it

I just went through over 2 months of a woman wanting my 40D, yup for sure, I will send you payment, oh I got this question and that question that I already had answered, I will send you payment on friday, same dumb questions again, I want it for sure I will send you the payment on monday, and then finally nope I dont want it

had the same thing from a bunch of people from craigslist on a few cameras as well, I want it for sure, can you hold onto it, I will send you the money X date, never to be heard from again

there are many people that like to haggle and waste the sellers time, or try to nickel and dime them to death, ok I wont give you 700 but I will give you 680.... seriously if you cant afford the extra 20 bucks you shouldnt be buying it to begin with !

my experiences exactly...

I cant believe the sense of entitlement people have on here... People that sell gear on here don't do it as their day job, they don't owe you anything until you pay.

D700 Gripped, Nikkor 20 2.8D, Sigma 50 1.4, Rokinon 85 1.4, Nikkor 105 2.8 Micro VR, Nikkor 70-200 2.8 VR2, SB-900
Myflickr (external link)

Andrushka
"all warm and fuzzy"
3,735 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Aug 17, 2010 14:25 |  #83

Permagrin wrote in post #10734923 (external link)
LOL!! That totally made me lol.
It's not difficult. If a buyer wants something, pay for it.
Just because sellers do a first come/first serve, it doesn't make them irresponsible. It makes them a person who wants to sell their item. My gosh, all the drama for such a simple solution. :lol::lol::lol:

best summation yet...

http://www.paradigmpho​tographyoc.com (external link)

pr20de
46 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Aug 18, 2010 21:28 |  #84

I understand both sides of the argument, it could've taken you the same time to pay than it took you to write to him. But the seller has no word.

MilesW
240 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Aug 22, 2010 19:02 |  #85

My sure cure for this is when I buy something from some one I pay at the time of the agreement. Here ebay doesn't matter. I win an auction payment is sent as soon as auction closes. I do not make seller wait at all. Never had anything happen to me that way. Always got the item.

20D Canon EFS 17-85IS, 70-2001:4 L IS, Macro 100 F2.8, Canon 50 1.4Canon ext EF 1.4X II

sponsored links

4,256 views & 0 likes for this thread
Totally discussed!
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.