Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 24 Aug 2010 (Tuesday) 10:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Adorama lets me down again

alpha_1976
Goldmember
3,960 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Aug 24, 2010 14:13 |  #16

OP is complaining about the missing mount adapter not the slow shipping.

I know more about gear than I know about photography :p
Gear List

sponsored links
Indecent ­ Exposure
Goldmember
3,402 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Aug 24, 2010 14:59 |  #17

tekkie wrote in post #10779776 (external link)
...order it and expect the vendor to overnight ship and perform miracles...

Is ordering an item, paying to have it overnighted, and expecting everything you paid for to be in the box a miracle now?

- James -
www.feedthewant.com (external link)
500px (external link)
Gear List and Feedback

tekkie
Goldmember
2,621 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Aug 24, 2010 16:45 |  #18

alpha_1976 wrote in post #10779856 (external link)
OP is complaining about the missing mount adapter not the slow shipping.

lol I got two threads mixed up

Canon 1DMKII, 7D, 5DMKII, 1D MKII
Canon 500L, 100-400L
, 70-200 2.8L, 17-40L, 24-105L, 24mm 2.8,50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 135mm 2.8 SF, 100mm Macro
Canon 430 & 580 flashes

tekkie
Goldmember
2,621 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Aug 24, 2010 16:46 |  #19

Dekka wrote in post #10780120 (external link)
Is ordering an item, paying to have it overnighted, and expecting everything you paid for to be in the box a miracle now?

certinally not but it seems many people who complain about it are also not paying for overnight shipping

Canon 1DMKII, 7D, 5DMKII, 1D MKII
Canon 500L, 100-400L
, 70-200 2.8L, 17-40L, 24-105L, 24mm 2.8,50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 135mm 2.8 SF, 100mm Macro
Canon 430 & 580 flashes

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,743 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 25, 2010 19:46 |  #20

Adorama, along with B&H, is one of the most highly rated stores there is.

Bottom line: No one is perfect.

Do you think if you ran a store as large as Adorama, every time you shipped an item it would arrive perfectly? Do you think you would ever make a mistake? Or your employees might make a mistake?

Do you think it's possible for a manufacturer to not place every item in a package that they ship to Adorama which they never open before sending out? I'm not stating that's this case.

Things happen. This is real life, not television where everything is wrapped up and crimes solved in half an hour.

There's absolutely no reason to start a thread of this type. Deal with customer service. Those of us who have dealt with Adorama and B&H know very well the type of operation they run and they are damn good at what they do.

mark

TaDa
...as cool as Perry
6,742 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Aug 25, 2010 19:51 |  #21

MDJAK wrote in post #10788401 (external link)

Do you think if you ran a store as large as Adorama, every time you shipped an item it would arrive perfectly? Do you think you would ever make a mistake? Or your employees might make a mistake?

Do you think it's possible for a manufacturer to not place every item in a package that they ship to Adorama which they never open before sending out? I'm not stating that's this case.

Things happen. This is real life, not television where everything is wrapped up and crimes solved in half an hour.

There's absolutely no reason to start a thread of this type. Deal with customer service. Those of us who have dealt with Adorama and B&H know very well the type of operation they run and they are damn good at what they do.

mark

Couldn't agree more.

Name is Peter and here is my gear:
Canon 5D II, Canon 7D, Canon 40D
Glass - Zeiss 21 f/2.8 ZE, Canon 35 f/1.4L, Canon 40 f/2.8 STM, Canon 24-70 f/2.8
L, Canon 85 f/1.2L II, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon 500 f/4L IS
Speedlite 580ex II, 430ex - Gitzo GT-3541XLS w/ Arca B1

et078
590 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2009

Aug 28, 2010 23:44 |  #22

Nickc84 wrote in post #10778663 (external link)
Yeah, I had problems with them before.

Uh-oh, Adorama again. I am sure Helen will fix the problem...

Use B&H instead.

Sony A7r
10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, 100mm f/2.8, 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, 400mm f/5.6L, 50mm f/1.8 II, 70-200mm f/4L, 17-40mm f/4L
flickr (external link)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,550 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Aug 31, 2010 10:07 |  #23

Nickc84 wrote in post #10778598 (external link)
So I ordered a few hundred dollars in lighting equipment. Was going to set it up today on my day off and shoot my sister in law. Ordered a 285HV, umbrella, stand and a swivel holder/shoe mount adapter and of course the little show mount adapter is not in the box. Back to my 7 day schedule tomorrow and no time for play:mad:

My apologies that I didn't see this thread 'til now. Can you tell me how it was resolved - and how quickly?

neil_r
Cream of the Proverbial Crop
Landscape and Cityscape Photographer 2006
18,065 posts
Joined Jan 2003

Aug 31, 2010 10:14 |  #24

I needed to order quite a bit of complex underwater photography kit for an up and coming dive trip to Sicily. I knew that some of the stuff would be stock and some would need to come from the US.

What did I do? I ordered it 2 months ahead of when I needed it and I had it all together within 3 weeks of my original order.

so "Well done Bristol Cameras" ( but they could not have done it without my help :-) )

as with most things in life

Poor
Planning
Produces
Poor
Performance

Neil - © NHR Photography
Commercial Site (external link) - Video Site (external link) - Blog - (external link)Gear List There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. ~ Ansel Adams

Nickc84
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,064 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Aug 31, 2010 12:25 as a reply to  @ neil_r's post |  #25

I called them and they said they will send it to me. I got a package two days later and it was the wrong part so I called again and they had me call the vendor directly and he said he will send it again.

HelenOster
That's me!
4,550 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Aug 31, 2010 12:30 |  #26

Nickc84 wrote in post #10823618 (external link)
I called them and they said they will send it to me. I got a package two days later and it was the wrong part so I called again and they had me call the vendor directly and he said he will send it again.

If you'd like to email me with your order number I'd be pleased to be able to chase this up for you.

nicksan
Man I Like to Fart
24,738 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Aug 31, 2010 15:00 |  #27

HyperYagami wrote in post #10778942 (external link)
i believe that was sarcasm.

another pointless thread.

Why? Because it's a negative post about beloved Adorama? :lol:

Nickc84
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,064 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Aug 31, 2010 15:15 as a reply to  @ nicksan's post |  #28

I guess I just have bad luck with them or I have bad luck all around! Still waiting on my lost camera in Canada that I sold to some guy. Paypal sided with the buyer now I am out $600 bucks and USPS is of no help. Oh, not to mention a tree fell on my truck a few weeks ago. :cry: Yeah, my life is in the crapper.

HelenOster
That's me!
4,550 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Aug 31, 2010 15:56 |  #29

Nickc84 wrote in post #10824527 (external link)
I guess I just have bad luck with them or I have bad luck all around! Still waiting on my lost camera in Canada that I sold to some guy. Paypal sided with the buyer now I am out $600 bucks and USPS is of no help. Oh, not to mention a tree fell on my truck a few weeks ago. :cry: Yeah, my life is in the crapper.

I see that when you first called, you told our CS rep that you were missing the two small brackets that are pictured with the unit. She emailed one of the warehouse team who sent out two brackets.
This is where it gets confusing! From the notes it looks as though you then called to say you received the brackets, but they were not correct, and that you'd found the two brackets that DID come with your original order, but now all four of the brackets were missing a silver-colored joining piece that is pictured on one of the brackets online.

Before the CS rep sent anything more out, she contacted a member of our purchasing department - (not the vendor) to figure out exactly which piece was missing, if it was supposed to come with the unit, and where in the box it would be located.

The CS rep gave you our buyer's number, and then transferred you directly (that was on 8/26).

The buyer doesn't seem to be around right now, so I'm unsure whether you did get to speak to him to describe the little missing silver piece - and if so, what he advised.

dlpasco
Goldmember
1,143 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Aug 31, 2010 15:58 |  #30

MDJAK wrote in post #10788401 (external link)

mark

Well said!

Dan

sponsored links

3,647 views & 0 likes for this thread
Adorama lets me down again
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.