Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 22 Jul 2009 (Wednesday) 00:27
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

New Wireless Shutter Release / Flash Trigger System RF-602

JayStar86
Goldmember
3,531 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Aug 27, 2010 21:17 |  #1081

DavidR wrote in post #10795771 (external link)
I hate to ask this, but are you sure the polarity of the battery was correct.

inkista wrote in post #10798205 (external link)
Actually, that's exactly what happens if you reverse the polarity of the battery in an RF-602 transmitter. I did it to "turn the battery off" and realized my mistake pretty damn fast when it started cooking itself. Luckily, I got the battery out in time and no damage done.

^^^^ quoting you guys again... i finally had free time again today to play... and the polarity must have been wrong the first time i put it in.

everything works super now. both my receivers and transmitter fire beautifully without any problems. I regret not getting an extra transmitter now to be able to fire remotely... might get one at some point.

My only complaint with these would be that I really wish they had put an "off" button on transmitter. but oh well, cant complain for the price if you ask me.

---Jay---
Gear and Feedback
flikr (external link)

sponsored links
lukeap69
Goldmember
1,206 posts
Joined May 2008

Aug 28, 2010 05:09 |  #1082

I always take off the battery of the transmitter when storing. It is not difficult for the fire button to be pressed then drain the battery easily. Wish the transmitter had on/off button too.

Arnold
Speedlite / Speedlight / Sunpak 120J Beauty Dish Rig (external link)
Gear
my Google+ Profile (external link)

Shamir
508 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Aug 29, 2010 11:25 |  #1083

Few days ago I went to my local camera store with my 5Dii and was looking for a cable that will plug into the transmitter and fire all my off camera flashes while having an onboard flash in my camera..

I think its a Male-Male PC cable?! the thing is that after I found the cable that plugged in in my camera and in the transmitter, I took couple of frames and the transmitter didnt fire.. Didnt even turn on the green light when i half press the shutter.

any Idea?!

Shamir
My Website - Click Here (external link)

Rivest
Cream of the Crop
6,678 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Aug 29, 2010 11:35 |  #1084

I received my set yesterday, they work perfectly. Paid 30$ shipped for transmitter + receiver. Cheap quality but gets the job done. Really well also.

Some bad point I noticed, the transmitter cannot lock itself on the camera hot shoe. I often ended moving it out accidentally...

I would also have a liked an on/off button on the transmitter as well.

Strange batteri size for the transmitter :/

But this is nit picking, they work really great for the price :D

I love that you can use them as a remote also ;)

Hi, I'm David.

TCOMC
225 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Aug 29, 2010 12:07 |  #1085

Rivest wrote in post #10810881 (external link)
Some bad point I noticed, the transmitter cannot lock itself on the camera hot shoe. I often ended moving it out accidentally...

Are the receivers the same way?

malow
169 posts
Joined May 2009

Aug 29, 2010 12:11 |  #1086

Rivest wrote in post #10810881 (external link)

http://www.flickr.com …181517/72157623​322348214/ (external link)

mods: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/malow/ (external link)

Rivest
Cream of the Crop
6,678 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Aug 29, 2010 12:54 |  #1087

Well for the receiver, it's the flash that locks it selft onto it.

Hi, I'm David.

Shamir
508 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Aug 29, 2010 18:57 |  #1088

Shamir wrote in post #10810823 (external link)
Few days ago I went to my local camera store with my 5Dii and was looking for a cable that will plug into the transmitter and fire all my off camera flashes while having an onboard flash in my camera..

I think its a Male-Male PC cable?! the thing is that after I found the cable that plugged in in my camera and in the transmitter, I took couple of frames and the transmitter didnt fire.. Didnt even turn on the green light when i half press the shutter.

any Idea?!

Anyone???

Shamir
My Website - Click Here (external link)

Rivest
Cream of the Crop
6,678 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Aug 29, 2010 19:11 |  #1089

Well wouln'd a Y hot shoe cable do it? Like a splitter. One end the transmitter, the other your on camera flash. Would that work?

Hi, I'm David.

theelectrician
388 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Aug 29, 2010 20:10 |  #1090

I just got my trigger today. I only ordered one tx and one rx for now but plan on ordering another tx and 2 more rx's so I will be able to fire 2 flashes and the camera remotely if I wanted. But that wont be till I have a second flash.

The build quality on these seems pretty good. I was surprised to see the screw collar on the cable to be an anodized metal since it just looks like plastic in the photos

Photography is like a drug and I think I need an intervention.
50D w/BG-E2 - Sigma 30 f/1.4 - Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 - Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon 430exII - Slik 500DX and Smith-Victor BH5 Ball Head

Methodical
Cream of the Crop
7,842 posts
Gallery: 235 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2008

Aug 30, 2010 13:51 |  #1091

I just order an umbrella and stand so that I can start using more off camera flash and practice more with portrait work...can't wait. I will use the wife and daughter as my models as I learn. Wish me well

Gear
MethodicalImages (external link)
Flickr (external link)
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Rivest
Cream of the Crop
6,678 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Aug 30, 2010 14:48 |  #1092

A link to where you oredered? I'm interested in getting one aswell ;)

Hi, I'm David.

Methodical
Cream of the Crop
7,842 posts
Gallery: 235 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2008

Aug 30, 2010 19:04 |  #1093

Sure, here you go:

Bracket:

http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …ails&Q=&sku=298​709&is=REG (external link)

Stand:

http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …ails&Q=&sku=253​074&is=REG (external link)

Flash adapter:

http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …_Flash_Mount_Ad​apter.html (external link)

Umbrella:

http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …G/Photoflex_UM_​RUT45.html (external link)

Rivest wrote in post #10817853 (external link)
A link to where you oredered? I'm interested in getting one aswell ;)

Gear
MethodicalImages (external link)
Flickr (external link)
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Ed ­ Kelly
27 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Aug 30, 2010 20:35 |  #1094

Ed Kelly wrote in post #10714185 (external link)
I think I got it to work. Thanks. My old eyes didn't see the small cut out on top of the foot plate.

I am assuming the proper and only position the receiver could be in is this.

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

Thanks Again.

Ed

Here's the one I got on ebay for around $ 6.00 dollars. Not great but not bad either.

http://cgi.ebay.com …4ceaeebda9#ht_3​003wt_1058 (external link)

guyzer09
Goldmember
1,207 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Sep 01, 2010 18:21 |  #1095

Just bought 2 recievers and a transmitter off ebay. Going to use them with a set of 540EZ flashes shooting through umbrellas or bouncing with a silver umbrella. Cant wait to recieve them and start shooting! I hope it beats the hell out of using canons IR. I was using my 580exII as a master and 2 420ex as slaves. I hated the fact that I had to be whithin sight for the flashes to go off.

Capturing life's moments one one click at a time..
Full GEAR List

sponsored links

252,877 views & 0 likes for this thread
New Wireless Shutter Release / Flash Trigger System RF-602
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.