Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk 
Thread started 01 Sep 2010 (Wednesday) 00:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Event guys: Print t-shirts on site

asysin2leads
I'm kissing arse
6,329 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Sep 01, 2010 00:48 |  #1

For those who do on-site event sales, do any of you print t-shirts on-site? If so, what equipment do you use? I was at a soccer tournament this weekend and the people who were taking the "team pictures" before the games were using little hot pink P&S cameras. The quality absolutely sucked. I am in the running to get the complete event for next year. I was asked if I was able to print shirts on-site. I am rather familiar with silk screening and a transfer press. My parents used to do events all the time and I would work for them when I was younger. Thanks.

Kevin
https://www.google.com ….com&ctz=Americ​a/New_York (external link)

minkynuts
24 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Sep 01, 2010 02:37 |  #2

I do tee shirt printing, but decided to give up onsite tee shirt printing because of several things,

1 Outside work needs a BIG generator to power the heat press and your computers and printers
2 The Stock of different Tee shirt sizes you must hold onsite
3 The best printing media is JPSS and this is printed on by an inkjet and the time it takes to print an A4
while people are waiting is too long
4 If you are printing photographs onsite as i do then the person who is running the loading of images into the workstation and sorting and printing photographs will not have time to leave that job and start heat pressing Tee shirts so another person must be employed (more cost)

Thats just a few reasons why I gave up onsite Tee shirts.We do onsite Tee shirt printing but that is with ready made transfers

Rob

asysin2leads
THREAD ­ STARTER
I'm kissing arse
6,329 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Sep 01, 2010 02:44 |  #3

minkynuts wrote in post #10828119 (external link)
I do tee shirt printing, but decided to give up onsite tee shirt printing because of several things,

1 Outside work needs a BIG generator to power the heat press and your computers and printers
2 The Stock of different Tee shirt sizes you must hold onsite
3 The best printing media is JPSS and this is printed on by an inkjet and the time it takes to print an A4
while people are waiting is too long
4 If you are printing photographs onsite as i do then the person who is running the loading of images into the workstation and sorting and printing photographs will not have time to leave that job and start heat pressing Tee shirts so another person must be employed (more cost)

Thats just a few reasons why I gave up onsite Tee shirts.We do onsite Tee shirt printing but that is with ready made transfers

Rob

Thanks for the response Rob. I have seen these t-shirts they print at other tournaments and, quite frankly, the quality sucks. I'm not too concerned about t-shirt stock, I do a lot of business with a supplier that does shirts/polos and get a great cost from them. Like I said, I've done shirts w/ pre-made transfers for years, but this will be "on the fly" job. I am ok w/ the labor costs. We hire the kids of friends of the family and pay them an hourly wage. They are also who I use as runners.

Kevin

Zepher
Goldmember
1,626 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Sep 01, 2010 03:52 |  #4

My friend bought one of these for his shop,
http://www.dtgamerica.​com/west/west_kiosk.sh​tml (external link)

After I set it up we printed a few tests on some shirts and it was really slow and didn't look anything like the sample shirts that were sent to us. Everything was setup correctly and the shirts were prepped properly.

He wasn't too happy and crated it back up and sent it back. ended up costing him about $1500, paying for shipping, and they charged him for the inks.

I recommend seeing the printer you want in person and see a few shirts ran through it before you buy.

For onsite printing of pictures, we use a pair of Shinko Dye-Sub 8x10 printers, which are great workhorses.

Manny Desantos
Intel C2Q Q6600 3.06Ghz, 8GB Ram, 8.1TB, XFX HD5850, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, PS CS4 EXT (external link)

Canon 40D, EF 28-70L, 2x Canon XH-A1 HDV, Canon HV30 HDV
❶_______________

asysin2leads
THREAD ­ STARTER
I'm kissing arse
6,329 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Sep 01, 2010 14:38 as a reply to  @ Zepher's post |  #5

Thanks for the input Zepher.

Kevin

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

3,550 views & 0 likes for this thread
Event guys: Print t-shirts on site
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.