Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 01 Sep 2010 (Wednesday) 19:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

ROLLER SKATES Looking for CC

time532
148 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 01, 2010 19:26 |  #1

Shot this for a lost and forgotten photo contest. I was looking to get some feed back from every one here. I like the dof. What do you guys think?

IMG NOTICE: [NOT AN IMAGE URL, NOT RENDERED INLINE]

Canon XSI, EFS 15-55mm, EFS 55-250mm, EF 50 1.4, Canon 100-400
http://members.fotki.c​om/time532/about/ (external link)

sponsored links
ssfchau
53 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Sep 01, 2010 20:19 |  #2

I think the picture is too "warm" as in the WB could be off, unless that's the look you're going for?
The cart in the back gives a very harsh contrast to the foreground.

Jill-of-all-Trades
far from having everything figured out!
16,191 posts
Gallery: 100 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Sep 01, 2010 20:24 |  #3

The reflection off the back skate makes it difficult to look at. And maybe the key should be set to the side a bit, not sure how to do it, but it looks pretty staged the way it is.

Melody

time532
THREAD ­ STARTER
148 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 01, 2010 21:04 |  #4

ssfchau wrote in post #10832994 (external link)
I think the picture is too "warm" as in the WB could be off, unless that's the look you're going for?
The cart in the back gives a very harsh contrast to the foreground.

Yes I like the warm look, I took the WB down because I was getting harse highlights from the flash

time532
THREAD ­ STARTER
148 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 01, 2010 21:06 |  #5

Jill-of-all-Trades wrote in post #10833023 (external link)
The reflection off the back skate makes it difficult to look at. And maybe the key should be set to the side a bit, not sure how to do it, but it looks pretty staged the way it is.

I'm not as worried about the staged look as much as the glare on the back skate. I didn't realize it is as strong as it is. thanks for pointing it out.
Maybe I'll reshoot it.

blakeG!
Goldmember
1,405 posts
Joined May 2010

Sep 02, 2010 01:26 |  #6

Looks pretty good except for the white balance and the glare on the skate in the back.

-Blake
EOS 7D
Canon 100mm F 2.8 Macro, Canon 400mm 5.6L, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8, Canon 28-135,Canon 430exii

Flo
Gimmie Some Lovin
44,987 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Sep 02, 2010 09:27 as a reply to  @ blakeG!'s post |  #7

Take them outside and maybe put a pair of inline skates in the BG.showing how things have evolved? Get them in natural light and on pavement?

you're a great friend, but if Zombies chase us, I am tripping you.

drumnut01
415 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Sep 03, 2010 03:03 |  #8

I know that you said you like the DOF, but I think I would like to see a little more in focus. If not more in focus, maybe focus on a more attractive part of the scene. The first thing that caught my eye was the threaded part on the front of the skate. Of course, this is personal preference.

Feedback

sponsored links

875 views & 0 likes for this thread
ROLLER SKATES Looking for CC
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.